ADVERTISEMENT

Chicks with tattoos…

True, people have always cheated. Cheating isn't just cheating though. Someone (or both parties) just lied in front of their family, friends and congregation (okay, so you got married at city hall, the point still stands) when they promised to fulfill their vows of fidelity and honor. Now I haven't been to a wedding in a while so maybe the vows now go like this: "I like you and might stick around during the tough times, but I ain't makin no promises".
Now I get the comeback will be "everyone lies". Which is true. But you don't want to de-stigmatize lack of honor and/or indifference to the needs of children.
Very true.

Reactions: Champ_Kind_whammy
I get what you are saying but my grandpa was in WW2 and thought my dad was out of control for listening to the beach boys. Every generation thinks the next is ruining the world.
I am sure your Grandfather witnessed some of the most evil man can partake in.

Don't get the lure of them. Just wish I had some of the money people must spend on them and I have no idea how much they cost. I see some ladies covered in them at the gym and it is not attractive to me but I am an old fuddy duddy and proud of it.
Exactly. I think this was discussed on here years ago. My thoughts are IF you do it do it concealed so that you can where, if you're a lady, a nice summer dress etc. As has been mentioned before I'll give pass to active war time military.

Anything else is just tacky.

Most people I see that have tats in my town that are "showy" are on welfare and medicaid. I know others with them that are hard to see

I am not really into tats, I don't have any and would never get one. I did ALMOST get one in Vegas while partying and winning some money.

I have always felt (wrong or right) that girls with tats are "easy" but I really don't know WHY I think that, you know? I just do.

Back in my younger days, a chick with a tat was easy to go approach because you could just talk about her tats and they loved it. I don't hate tats, I just don't totally "get it", you know?
Most gals I know with tats are the opposite of easy. Usually deep, intellectual, and self resurrecting when it comes to "body counts".

Reactions: BTF69
Tattoos, Bible verses and social commentary all in one thread.

And you guys get mad when I discuss soccer?????
I think I can speak for most here that we all would rather be talking about just winning the West, our chances in the B1G title game, what bowl we will be attending in January, and our top 10 recruiting class. But alas....tattoos, Bible verses, and social commentary it is :confused:

I dated a woman who kept talking about getting a tattoo. I told her many times if you get one, I am out. We eventually broke up and she got one shortly after that. I met my wife a short time later. The tattoo woman contacts me occasionally to see how I am doing. I am doing great. She is in a long term relationship she isn't all that happy with.

I believe and adhere to the Lord on tattoos.

Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.
The bible is not explicitly against tattoos. In this section of Leviticus, it refers to the ancient world whereby pagans often used tattoos to identify with their hedonistic religions. Because the Jews, as God‘s chosen people were to be set apart, he command them to not take on the practices of the pagans. He forbid them to intermarry and a bunch of other things.

I liken tattoos to graffiti on the body. Not a fan of taking some thing and covering it with nonsense, unless you’re a pirate, in which case you’ve earned that tattoo

• Education: 37% of those with some college or less education have a tattoo, compared with 24% of those with a bachelor’s degree and 21% of those with a postgraduate degree.
  • Income: 43% of lower-income adults have a tattoo, compared with 31% of those in middle-income households and 21% of those in upper-income households.
  • Religion: 41% of religiously unaffiliated adults have at least one tattoo, compared with 29% of those who are affiliated with a religion.
  • Sexual orientation: Around half of lesbian, gay or bisexual Americans (51%) have at least one tattoo. The share is especially high among women in this group: 68% are tattooed, including 55% who have more than one tattoo. By comparison, 31% of straight Americans have at least one tattoo.

• Education: 37% of those with some college or less education have a tattoo, compared with 24% of those with a bachelor’s degree and 21% of those with a postgraduate degree.
  • Income: 43% of lower-income adults have a tattoo, compared with 31% of those in middle-income households and 21% of those in upper-income households.
  • Religion: 41% of religiously unaffiliated adults have at least one tattoo, compared with 29% of those who are affiliated with a religion.
  • Sexual orientation: Around half of lesbian, gay or bisexual Americans (51%) have at least one tattoo. The share is especially high among women in this group: 68% are tattooed, including 55% who have more than one tattoo. By comparison, 31% of straight Americans have at least one tattoo.
One thing I have noticed just from teaching HS. The amount of HS kids getting tats is crazy high.

• Sad
Reactions: huskerfan66
Wonder if there’s a correlation with tats and STDs?

Whlle a lot of what you post is true there is a reason.

"Back in the day" women had few, if any choices, they got married and the man was the bread winner, the idea of divorce for women meant the fear of "what to do now" because they did not have jobs (or not good paying ones) or education past high school.

Men have always cheated and so have women, that is nothing new. What is new (or newer) is that now women have choices, since about the 1970's or so. Imagine how many woman stayed married because they had no choice.

Men have always cheated and really woman cheat too. Studies and take this with a grain of salt, show that men cheat about 7% more than women BUT who knows what that really even means.

Divorce became common because people have choices now.
I totally agree, come February I will have be married 50 years. I agree totally with your statement and will add that when the women got to their job and talked with the other women guess what they heard, I wouldn't put up with that BS.

• Haha
I get what you are saying but my grandpa was in WW2 and thought my dad was out of control for listening to the beach boys. Every generation thinks the next is ruining the world.
This...Your great grandpa probably thought your grandpa was a god damned renegade for not parting his hair down the middle too probably. This has literally been happening since the dawn of civilization.

• Love
I love gals with tattoos, because it means they like to f*ck. They (tats) identify the propensity to engage in ‘risk-taking’ behaviour, and that translates to being quicker and less inhibited in sexual tomfoolery. Which I fully embrace. Hard stop @ face-tattoos, which basically means that person will never have a job that requires paying taxes.

That said, I don’t hire gals with visible tattoos. Bad for business. More often smokers than otherwise, too. Statistical association there. Smokers miss way more work days than non-smokers.

• Love
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
My thoughts on tatoo's:

Who cares. I don't have any. Wife doesn't have any. I'd rather not have my kids get them but they will be adults and make that choice. Face/neck tatoo's are fvcking stupid. Sleeves might look cool at 28 when you go to the gym 5 days a week but when you get old and saggy you will look like a washed up crack whore from back in the day. Some people lack the ability to look further than 1 day down the road. The shit morticians will see in 40 years will be crazy! I had someone tell me the tatoo shops are booked damn near a year out in some places. I literally figured you walked in and got one whenever you wanted. Again, not my deal. Not against them, but a lot of "kids" are getting them just to fit in. Tatoo removal would be a good business to go into for a young person.

There is a serious lack of pics in this thread. I can't make a serious decision without some kind of visual aid.

n0h8e244oxc91.jpg

My thoughts on tatoo's:

Who cares. I don't have any. Wife doesn't have any. I'd rather not have my kids get them but they will be adults and make that choice. Face/neck tatoo's are fvcking stupid. Sleeves might look cool at 28 when you go to the gym 5 days a week but when you get old and saggy you will look like a washed up crack whore from back in the day. Some people lack the ability to look further than 1 day down the road. The shit morticians will see in 40 years will be crazy! I had someone tell me the tatoo shops are booked damn near a year out in some places. I literally figured you walked in and got one whenever you wanted. Again, not my deal. Not against them, but a lot of "kids" are getting them just to fit in. Tatoo removal would be a good business to go into for a young person.
Don't care? Not against them?

Seems you do care and are against them.

When this started, the tribal armband was popular. Now its a sign of mindlessly following the crowd. If you are 50 and have that one you might as well have had 'mindless follower' tattooed on your upper arm.

I have a natural tendency not to follow the crowd. The crowd is full of mindless idiots. Don't follow them.
A young man, or woman, free of tattoos also makes a statement.
There are important and meaningfull things in life, difference makers, tattoos are not that.

The bible is not explicitly against tattoos. In this section of Leviticus, it refers to the ancient world whereby pagans often used tattoos to identify with their hedonistic religions. Because the Jews, as God‘s chosen people were to be set apart, he command them to not take on the practices of the pagans. He forbid them to intermarry and a bunch of other things.
absolutely correct. but i don't think that poster wanted to hear it.

Probably or their parents like tats or the kid is 18.

I have more than a few students that get one with their Mom.
And I'll be when they ask for 300 dollar Taylor Swift tickets, good ol mom cheerfully gets them.

Back in the good ole days...

I don't see anything sexist here. If your spouse makes crappy coffee, he/she should be chastised regardless of gender. My wife is the ultimate career, "new woman" and I wouldn't have it any other way. But when she makes me coffee, she knows bad coffee will result in a disappointed look (but not a missed kiss goodbye and certainly not a thinly-veiled threat that the "girls" at the office are better). And BTW, I can't think of drinking anything more disgusting than Folgers instant coffee.

My wife has four. I have none. Personal choice.

Hers are all small and commemorate a life event. A small infinity sign that her and her best friend got in rememberence of the loss of a best friend.

After our first child, she got a small one on her lower leg that is the Japanese symbol for mother.

After the birth of our last child, she has a small vine on her foot with five lady bugs in it. It represents the five in our family.

The other one is a smaller one on her lower abdomen that she got shortly after we were married.

Irt "skank", I can assure you, she's "been with" less guys than who some of you ended up with....and 10x hotter on top of that.

Oh yeah....she also holds a Masters degree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT