ADVERTISEMENT

Chasing 3- Fall Camp

Who was the WR Neyor and Banks had to talk to and tell him to keep going? I was thinking it was Coleman cause that was the first person the camera showed running after that,

On the plus side it’s good to see SR leadership out of those two already. Sad that 2 new guys have to push a starter from last year to keep going.

Good to see Rhule get a good chance to coach kids in front of a “crowd”. Think he nailed it that the teams been to afraid to play in front of people.

Who was the WR Neyor and Banks had to talk to and tell him to keep going? I was thinking it was Coleman cause that was the first person the camera showed running after that,

On the plus side it’s good to see SR leadership out of those two already. Sad that 2 new guys have to push a starter from last year to keep going.

Good to see Rhule get a good chance to coach kids in front of a “crowd”. Think he nailed it that the teams been to afraid to play in front of people.
Coleman seems lazy, body language doesn’t appear like he’s that interested in being great

Great stuff as always. The addition of a narrator is interesting... he sounds like he's narrating a nature documentary or something haha it kinda takes me out of it a bit.

Reactions: HBK4life
He's been struggling from the sound of things. Not all that unusual to be honest. Hopefully the kid can push through because he could be a good one someday.
I went to the Maryland game last year, I watched Coleman dog it down field on routes all game and never hustled back to the huddle to get the plays and get set. Drove me nuts, I became obsessed zeroing in on how lazy he looked all game, you never get to see that watching on TV. If he doesn’t play with some urgency he will get passed over, which is fine, best players up

I went to the Maryland game last year, I watched Coleman dog it down field on routes all game and never hustled back to the huddle to get the plays and get set. Drove me nuts, I became obsessed zeroing in on how lazy he looked all game, you never get to see that watching on TV. If he doesn’t play with some urgency he will get passed over, which is fine, best players up
I said it in another thread a few months ago. Long story short, I just don't think Coleman likes playing football.

I said it in another thread a few months ago. Long story short, I just don't think Coleman likes playing football.
This is one of those times you just really really wish D. Bell hadn’t got injured… he could have played a lot this year.
Really glad that IGC is healthy now

The qb gets blamed for the late INT in that game, but the pass was for malachi and he stopped on the route. It was right in front of me.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was at that game too. I was honestly surprised he didn't get benched due to his (perceived) lack of effort.

I could never understand how a high level athlete didn't go balls to the wall on every play. Or at least make it look like you were going hard.

Nebraska kids just want it more. Or something like that 😁

It's not just Nebraska kids. Remember how Omar Manning panned out? Some of these guys just got too comfortable dominating kids in high school. College is a completely different game. It's why the recruiting rankings are such a sham most of the time.

Reactions: scarletred
Sometimes it is not "lazy" it is more that the kid just doesn't like it all that much. I know us dorks LOVE to romanticize it and we would bleed for NU and run through a brick wall and blah blah blah.

But you have to love it, college FB at that level is 24/7 now.

I had a friend who walked on in the mid 90s and won rings, hardly ever played at all, a few times on some extra points. He said by his 3rd year he hated it, hated lifting, hated running hated practice and especially hated the forced hanging out stuff. Not that he hated the guys on the team, not at all, but he just wanted to go to his dorm or apartment and veg out, not always having some "event" planned out for him. Maybe hate is the wrong word but that was the word he used.

Sports suck when you don't love it. Just like most things. Think of it like that dead end job you have where you are just going through the motions. You do just enough to stay under the radar and not get bothered.

Reactions: huskerfan66
It's not just Nebraska kids. Remember how Omar Manning panned out? Some of these guys just got too comfortable dominating kids in high school. College is a completely different game. It's why the recruiting rankings are such a sham most of the time.

Recruiting ranks are not a sham. The highest rated classes win the most titles most of the time.

Sometimes it is not "lazy" it is more that the kid just doesn't like it all that much. I know us dorks LOVE to romanticize it and we would bleed for NU and run through a brick wall and blah blah blah.

I had a friend who walked on in the mid 90s and won rings, hardly ever played at all, a few times on some extra points. He said by his 3rd year he hated it, hated lifting, hated running hated practice and especially hated the forced hanging out stuff. Not that he hated the guys on the team, not at all, but he just wanted to go to his dorm or apartment and veg out, not always having some "event" planned out for him. Maybe hate is the wrong word but that was the word he used.

Sports suck when you don't love it. Just like most things. Think of it like that dead end job you have where you are just going through the motions. You do just enough to stay under the radar and not get bothered.
I get it. But if you’re going to suffer through the process of it all, give some god damn effort when it’s game time.

Coleman injured his shoulder sometime during the year and was forced to keep playing due to the receiver room being tissue thin. I think he had surgery after the season, but I know he was held out of spring ball. It is possible his playing at all was "courageous" even if it appeared to the laymen he was "dogging it".

Reactions: Huskers123456
like the speech

hate that he had to make it
I love the fact that he could make it at an open practice rather than halftime of a game they are on their way to losing in September. This program is going to have to learn how to not behave like that after 2 decades of learning how to be unfocused and undisciplined. Hope Rhule can be the one to change things.

Reactions: king_kong_
Coleman injured his shoulder sometime during the year and was forced to keep playing due to the receiver room being tissue thin. I think he had surgery after the season, but I know he was held out of spring ball. It is possible his playing at all was "courageous" even if it appeared to the laymen he was "dogging it".
This board seems to be very critical of Coleman. Not all guys are ready day 1. I think his stats would have been alot better without all the mugging he got. One game they weren't even trying to hide it (MSU?). Straight tackled him with the ball in the air rather than give him an opportunity on a couple passes. I saw enough of that to believe he must be a problem for db's.

This board seems to be very critical of Coleman. Not all guys are ready day 1. I think his stats would have been alot better without all the mugging he got. One game they weren't even trying to hide it (MSU?). Straight tackled him with the ball in the air rather than give him an opportunity on a couple passes. I saw enough of that to believe he must be a problem for db's.
yep

I don't care how Coleman practices so long as he show up on Saturdays

Reactions: Huskers123456
Recruiting ranks are not a sham. The highest rated classes win the most titles most of the time.
Sham maybe not the right word….crapshoot probably better. Maybe 50-60% players turn out right on rankings. For every 5 star that’s a “must have” like -Tyjon Lyndsey bust, there is a Issac Gifford future NFL . Quite honestly hate to say it but it’s why Iowa has been as solid as they’ve been over the years especially against us…there guys come in and want it more at the next level/love football. We’ve had way too many swings and misses on our high star recruits over the years or ignore our instate dudes and they go to other schools and become draft picks.

Rule understands this and thus wants the the best of both worlds, he’s going after high profile guys and local guys who have certainly not peaked but have potential/desire that are quote “two or three stars.”

I can't see the comparison between a 19 yr old stud athlete, 2 years into a program, dogging it (lost interest or not) and some 50 year old dude who's worked at the same job for 15+ years (been in the workforce for at least 25 years total).

I also don't see your friend's situation as the same. He could've worked just as hard as the stud athletes, but because he wasn't as gifted athletically, he wasn't going to see any significant playing time. Of course you get burned out when you're busting your butt and know you're just not good enough.

Not the same with Coleman, I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT