ADVERTISEMENT

Chase Androff is N

I would give anything for our staff to use and develop TE’s even half as well as Iowa State has under Campbell.
Campbell has zero wins agains the b1g. He is a fraud and coward who’s scared to take a real coaching job.

Are we looking to have the same look on O as Iowa State with TE's all across the field? All tall, good hands, not great speed but move the chains.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Yeah I'm not sure why we are using a scholarship on low-rated Tight End after we signed three good Tight Ends in the last class. Seems like we should have bigger priorities in this class.

We are taking one TE in the class. Doesn’t mean there aren’t still bigger priorities.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Welcome aboard.
Solid frame is never an awful thing, but could not help but be reminded how we struck out on two locals in Micah Riley and Kaden Helms.

Bell West has a TE that is 4 stars on Rivals and 3 on others. He don't seem to have any interest in the Huskers even though Rivals list his interest as moderate. His parents seemed real impressed by this last two visits at Mizzou and Iowa State. Is Clester Johnson sending kids away? Seems like Betts is the only kid good from there that had any interest in Lincoln. Maybe the QB will have interest. Seems weird not that we ain't getting these kids, but a ton of them don't even look at Lincoln. Comments?

Bell West has a TE that is 4 stars on Rivals and 3 on others. He don't seem to have any interest in the Huskers even though Rivals list his interest as moderate. His parents seemed real impressed by this last two visits at Mizzou and Iowa State. Is Clester Johnson sending kids away? Seems like Betts is the only kid good from there that had any interest in Lincoln. Maybe the QB will have interest. Seems weird not that we ain't getting these kids, but a ton of them don't even look at Lincoln. Comments?

Clester has a bee in his bonnet about Nebraska big time, but that’s his problem. If these Metro kids want out of Nebraska, so be it. If we win, we will recruit well (hell we have recruited dam good despite the product on the field the last three years) and if we don’t this staff will be gonzo and we will be starting over yet again.

Last edited:
Three good TE’a last year and have our TE locked up in this class, not worried at all about “missing” on Riley and Helms.

Riley is going to Ioway we didn’t have a chance with him and don’t know if Chester Johnson had anything to do with his decision or not..
No doubt Riley would have been the best prospect coming out of Nebraska but we did really well landing 2 very good one‘s in our own state last year…

6'6" 230lbs and he looks skinny. He's going to be a very large human being when he fills out. You have to take kids like this and see what they grow in to. Some of them are going to grow in to college tackles.
If Nebraska takes another TE in this class, then it will become apparent, in my eyes anyway, that Androff was recruited as an OT

Riley is going to Ioway we didn’t have a chance with him and don’t know if Chester Johnson had anything to do with his decision or not..
No doubt Riley would have been the best prospect coming out of Nebraska but we did really well landing 2 very good one‘s in our own state last year…

Overall prospect or TE? I would say Riley is a distant third behind Woods and Jackson overall. And what makes you think he's headed to Io_a? I wouldn't be surprised, I just hadn't heard that they were the team to beat with him.

Overall prospect or TE? I would say Riley is a distant third behind Woods and Jackson overall. And what makes you think he's headed to Io_a? I wouldn't be surprised, I just hadn't heard that they were the team to beat with him.
He went to their spring scrimmage and he has been seen in a lot of Herky gear and according to my Herky friend he is Ioway #1 choice at TE…

FWIW..

It doesn’t show a MN offer listed, but if he’s good enough to be recruited as a TE by Matt Campbell then we should be happy to have him!
You are right. I just know though that our Huskers have had a bad track record developing out of state recruits that didn't have committable offers in their home state (excluding kids from the south). Some of these guys even were labeled "four stars".

What about DE? You say OT because he's already a good blocker?
Just that he was recruited as an offensive player. It is just easier to move a guy from TE to OT.

I will admit that I don't know if he plays defense in high school, I am sure he does. I don't want this to sound bad, but if a guy is a 3 star TE, is 6-6 230 and plays defense in high school and isn't getting looks to play defense, then I assume he is an offensive player. That is just me.

I don't think people realize the different mindset there is to play defense, especially DLine. You get you ass kicked play after play, double teamed, chip blocked from the TE etc. You have to want to play there. Not everyone wants that.

Do you remember a tight end we took from Nebraska?? That’s about to pay off as First team all big center…😬 I hope 🤞
Maybe he moves to another position, DE?
How fast is he?
He's not fast and he's not being recruited to play defense. We're recruiting him as a TE, but there are other schools considering him as an offensive lineman. So with that in mind, a good comp for him might be Jimmy Fritzsche or Cam Jurgens instead of Austin Allen. He would be in more of an inline blocker and H-back role I would think.

Reactions: keilwitzg
If Androff was our top TE target, I question our staff's evaluation skills. He only caught three passes all season last year. Not sure we needed to use a scholarship on a pure blocking tight end in this class.

Perhaps he will grow into an offensive lineman like Jurgens, but that strategy didn't work with Matthew Anderson, and the jury is still out on Fritzsche.

Pretty much the only reason we got Betts is every other school backed off when they realized he wasnt going to qualify academically. With Covid hitting Betts got a life raft academically and was able to qualify.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT