ADVERTISEMENT

Changes at 1620

Yeah, it got really hard to listen to the guy. I can’t imagine there were a bunch of people tuning in. Wish him the best. Any word on who is covering that time slot?

The guy on 93.7 who left a few months ago for Denver was a natural and very good. I think they actually had him on 1620 a few times, maybe seeing if he was willing to move to 1620.

Did he finally get a Fox Sports gig? His show might have gotten a little old, but he really is a good color commentator on t.v. or radio.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
My guess...is that Matt Vrzal MIGHT end up with it and I think in the future once he "gets radio down" is that Danny Woodhead will have a slot.

Reactions: tstaup
I think 1620 will miss Bahe for a little bit, but yeah, the show would have benefited from a "full time" cohost. The old producer, Corey, was getting closer to that. The new guy, George, isnt there quite yet. A 1man show is hard.

Im curious as to who they will get to fill the spot. I think Vrzl would be good at it, but probably doesnt have the time with Piezons.

Here is an out of the box thought. What if they offered the 11-2 slot (or slid Damon and Gary to 8-12) to 247 or Rivals. Or, they could lease out the spot to OWH to bring Severe "back" since didnt their space on 590 get shrunk?

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I think 1620 will miss Bahe for a little bit, but yeah, the show would have benefited from a "full time" cohost. The old producer, Corey, was getting closer to that. The new guy, George, isnt there quite yet. A 1man show is hard.

Im curious as to who they will get to fill the spot. I think Vrzl would be good at it, but probably doesnt have the time with Piezons.

Vrzl would be horrible at it because it would be 3 hours of him being Coach Cliche...

- Just put your hand in the dirt, brother.
- I don't need the biggest guy but give me a nasty guy, brother
- Just shut up and go, brother

Plus it would also be a 3 hour show on Skutt football...

He needs to just be a guest or just host and hour long show after a game.

Vrzl would be horrible at it because it would be 3 hours of him being Coach Cliche...

- Just put your hand in the dirt, brother.
- I don't need the biggest guy but give me a nasty guy, brother
- Just shut up and go, brother

Plus it would also be a 3 hour show on Skutt football...

He needs to just be a guest or just host and hour long show after a game.

This is hilarious. Spot on.

I was also not a fan of his radio show but I think he will be great covering college basketball full time. There is not many single hosts I would enjoy listening to for 3 hours everyday. He just needed a co host and I'm guessing it isn't a big $ slot at 1620.

Vrzl is awful.
I like the idea of moving Severe over as they recently cut his time on 590. Especially if that would open up OWH guys of being guests on the other 1620 shows.

I think Woodhead has a ton of potential. NFL experience/stories and he was a multi-athlete guy in HS where he is knowledgeable about all sports with that local background.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Vrzl is awful.
I like the idea of moving Severe over as they recently cut his time on 590. Especially if that would open up OWH guys of being guests on the other 1620 shows.

I think Woodhead has a ton of potential. NFL experience/stories and he was a multi-athlete guy in HS where he is knowledgeable about all sports with that local background.

Agree on Woodhead...he just needs time to become a radio guy. But Husker fans would love him.

Haha! Me and some friends laugh about it all the time. I have a buddy that coaches with him a bit...it is 24/7 with the cliches.

Yep, and a lot of it is shit that doesn't translate anymore. I always laugh that he really really wanted Narduzzi just because he likes to have defenses that knock peoples D%&$ in the dirt. Lol.

I liked him a lot. Not sure who to listen to now being out of state.

Yep, and a lot of it is shit that doesn't translate anymore. I always laugh that he really really wanted Narduzzi just because he likes to have defenses that knock peoples D%&$ in the dirt. Lol.
Hahaha!

He should co-host one of those horrible Husker Legends shows on the radio...they are like an hour long and it is basically old players talking about how great they were...how tough the coaches were...and all the shit they got away with.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Yeah, it got really hard to listen to the guy. I can’t imagine there were a bunch of people tuning in. Wish him the best. Any word on who is covering that time slot?

The guy on 93.7 who left a few months ago for Denver was a natural and very good. I think they actually had him on 1620 a few times, maybe seeing if he was willing to move to 1620.

couldn't disagree more. brett kane sucked balls and was continuously talking about anything but huskers/sports.

Hahaha!

He should co-host one of those horrible Husker Legends shows on the radio...they are like an hour long and it is basically old players talking about how great they were...how tough the coaches were...and all the shit they got away with.

Vrzl's true home is sitting ringside with the WWE or WWF!

couldn't disagree more. brett kane sucked balls and was continuously talking about anything but huskers/sports.

I could see that, but I did like Kane. The dude was on at the end of the day and every other show on 93.7 had talked Husker sports in to the ground by that time of the day. He at least made it light and brought some comedy to the show and didn't take himself too seriously.

The new show they have on there with Mike Schafer has got to go. Schafer is a turbo douche.

My guess...is that Matt Vrzal MIGHT end up with it and I think in the future once he "gets radio down" is that Danny Woodhead will have a slot.

I think that would be a great fit, especially for Danny Woodhead. I enjoy him when he’s on.

Now those other two dudes on after Nick? Extremely terrible. A huge pile of steaming garbage in your ears. Just two idiots talking into each other’s mouths. And you got John Bishop calling Creighton games on the radio, which is perfect if you hate Creighton and want to listen to someone scream incoherently into a microphone and freak out over everything.

Don’t they have quality control at 1620?

Maybe, but he’s running Piezon’s, which i finally tried in the last few weeks. Good pizza.

Hey I heard Kevin Keitzman needs a job! Laughing

This isnt a 1620 issue but that time slot is really tough for any person or station to generate a fan base around. The 11-2 time slot has the biggest radio personality ever at that time. Nobody will ever be able to take over #1 in that slot, at best you are shooting for #2,

When Shick left and they didn’t replace him, was setting Nick up for failure.

Does Nick repeat himself a lot? Sure. But I really like listening to him during college basketball season. He knows his stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT