ADVERTISEMENT

Ceyair Wright

Agreed. Really frees the team up if you have two lock down corners.
Hill isn’t and likely never will be a lockdown corner

He doesn’t have the eye discipline or technique required

Wright, on the other hand, looks well on his way. Jumped off the screen the moment he got on the field against ILL.

Should’ve been been a day 1 starter, can carry the torch Newsome left behind

Wright, on the other hand, looks well on his way. Jumped off the screen the moment he got on the field against ILL.

TH is a great corner. Likely an NFL player. CW is also a great corner and likely NFL player. Lock down is an overused term. Both have all conference potential.

TH is a great corner. Likely an NFL player. CW is also a great corner and likely NFL player. Lock down is an overused term. Both have all conference potential.
When I say lockdown I mean a true #1, man to man, comfortable on an island type guy

Hill is instinctive, has good ball skills and good measurables. But he’s still got a ways to go in terms of technique and discipline.

I also don’t know how fluid his hips are. We started the year playing a lot more zone because that’s more his (and Hartzogs and Buford’s) skill set.

Since CW came in we’ve been playing a lot more mixed coverages and backside man, which frees up a rusher/run defender. That made us so tough last year and it’s no surprise we’ve seen the results follow the past couple weeks, too.

The 3-3-5 is at its best with a true man corner, even more so if we’re comfortable pressing.

Apparently the #3 graded CB in the B1G, per Sean Callahan on Twitter. Get Tommi up to speed and we will feel pretty comfy about corner play the rest of the season.
Bird Hello GIF
You talking about me ?

Some players are natural corners. Hill and Buford aren't. Hill is just a great athlete playing corner. I wonder with his size if FS might be his future in the NFL. Blye Hill was supposedly ahead of Wright and Buford before the injury. Makes a guy wonder what next year could look like with him and Wright together.

Reactions: cubsker
When I say lockdown I mean a true #1, man to man, comfortable on an island type guy

Hill is instinctive, has good ball skills and good measurables. But he’s still got a ways to go in terms of technique and discipline.

I also don’t know how fluid his hips are. We started the year playing a lot more zone because that’s more his (and Hartzogs and Buford’s) skill set.

Since CW came in we’ve been playing a lot more mixed coverages and backside man, which frees up a rusher/run defender. That made us so tough last year and it’s no surprise we’ve seen the results follow the past couple weeks, too.

The 3-3-5 is at its best with a true man corner, even more so if we’re comfortable pressing.
Hill is our #1 corner. Ceyair is good but Hill is our best CB. Both out there makes our D a lot better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT