ADVERTISEMENT

Ceyair and Boomschini got their shirts. Ceyair and Tommi starting CB's

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
The Huskers only managed 14 points against Rutgers. But the defense made it stick. Ceyair Wright was a big part of that with an interception. So was Buschini and both players were seen practicing in Blackshirts this week according to Sean Callahan of Husker Online.

It’s well-deserved for both players. Wright has been fantastic since coming off the bench against Illinois. Callahan also reports that Wright is working with the starters, alongside Tommi Hill. That would move Marques Buford to the slot and possibly Malcolm Hartzog to the bench, although he would still see plenty of snaps.

Last edited:
The Huskers only managed 14 points against Rutgers. But the defense made it stick. Ceyair Wright was a big part of that with an interception. So was Buschini and both players were seen practicing in Blackshirts this week according to Sean Callahan of Husker Online.

It’s well-deserved for both players. Wright has been fantastic since coming off the bench against Illinois. Callahan also reports that Wright is working with the starters, alongside Tommi Hill. That would move Marques Buford to the slot and possibly Malcolm Hartzog to the bench, although he would still see plenty of snaps.

As it should be. Love Buford and thought he did an admirable job but he isn't a CB. He's much better fit at that safety and Hertzog imo isn't in the ball park at CB as Wright and Hill. I'm hoping we can be a bit more flexible and play some more man with these two on the field at the same time.

Holla

As it should be. Love Buford and thought he did an admirable job but he isn't a CB. He's much better fit at that safety and Hertzog imo isn't in the ball park at CB as Wright and Hill. I'm hoping we can be a bit more flexible and play some more man with these two on the field at the same time.

Holla
Let’s all hope that Hill can play the whole game.

Pretty proud moment for Boom. Not often a punter gets a Blackshirt... Has there ever? I'm certain there has but admittedly idk.

In a way, the punter is a part of defence essentially. Hold the field then flip it as best as possible to be conducive to the offense going out with favorable odds to score themselves.

Holla
My freshman son who plays corner watched the Rutgers game and was picking apart Buford’s footwork during the game. Now to be fair his cousin plays in the league and the kid has spent a lot of time drilling technique. But still - he’s 14.

Reactions: cavalot
My freshman son who plays corner watched the Rutgers game and was picking apart Buford’s footwork during the game. Now to be fair his cousin plays in the league and the kid has spent a lot of time drilling technique. But still - he’s 14.
That indicates the Nebraska secondary coach isn’t good at what he does if his players have poor technique.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Secondary roster for next year. We only lose Tommi, Deshon and Gifford to graduation.
35D'Andre BarnesDB6' 0"195 lbsFreshman HSAurora, Colorado
28Caleb BenningDB5' 11"200 lbsFreshman HSOmaha, Nebraska
21Dwight Bootle IIDB5' 10"180 lbsFreshman HSMiami, Florida
24Derek BranchDB5' 11"195 lbsJunior 2VLincoln, Nebraska
26Koby BretzDB6' 2"205 lbsJunior 2VOmaha, Nebraska
29Mario BufordDB6' 0"175 lbsFreshman HSChicago, Illinois
3Marques Buford Jr.DB5' 11"190 lbsJunior 2VChicago, Illinois
25Jeremiah CharlesDB6' 0"170 lbsFreshman HSFort Worth, Texas
36Blake ClosmanDB5' 9"195 lbsJunior 2VElkhorn, Nebraska
46Thomas D'OnofrioDB6' 1"185 lbsFreshman HSMiddleton, Wisconsin
12Jaidyn DossDB6' 0"195 lbsFreshman HSKansas City, Missouri
2Isaac GiffordDB6' 1"205 lbsSenior 3VLincoln, Nebraska
45Roger GradneyDB6' 0"205 lbsFreshman HSLake Charles, Louisiana
49Rex GuthrieDB6' 1"200 lbsFreshman HSLittleton, Colorado
7Malcolm Hartzog Jr.DB5' 9"180 lbsJunior 2VSilver Creek, Mississippi
23Blye HillDB6' 4"190 lbsSophomore 1VBaltimore, Maryland
6Tommi HillDB6' 0"205 lbsSenior 3VOrlando, Florida
37Donovan JonesDB6' 1"195 lbsFreshman HSOmaha, Nebraska
45Mason JonesDB5' 11"200 lbsFreshman HSOmaha, Nebraska
34Preston OkaforDB6' 2"180 lbsFreshman HSOmaha, Nebraska
14Kahmir PrescottDB6' 1"200 lbsFreshman HSPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
32Braylen PrudeDB6' 4"200 lbsFreshman HSPearland, Texas
14Amare SandersDB6' 1"175 lbsFreshman HSMiami, Florida
8DeShon SingletonDB6' 3"210 lbsSenior 3VGreensburg, Louisiana
32Rahmir StewartDB5' 11"210 lbsFreshman HSPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
34Larry Tarver Jr.DB5' 10"175 lbsFreshman HSMiami, Florida
37Evan TaylorDB6' 2"185 lbsFreshman HSWaxhaw, North Carolina
39Taveon ThompsonDB6' 3"215 lbsJunior 2VLincoln, Nebraska
40Brice TurnerDB6' 1"185 lbsFreshman HSBay City, Texas
38Cooper WilsonDB6' 3"195 lbsFreshman HSBonney Lake, Washington
15Ceyair WrightDB6' 0"180 lbsJunior 2VLos Angeles, California

Pretty proud moment for Boom. Not often a punter gets a Blackshirt... Has there ever? I'm certain there has but admittedly idk.

In a way, the punter is a part of defence essentially. Hold the field then flip it as best as possible to be conducive to the offense going out with favorable odds to score themselves.
Agree, but should add that he’s also been making his share of tackles….
which should never be necessary considering there’s 10 other guys to make the play ahead of him.

Reactions: HBK4life
matt mitrione eye roll GIF by Nickelodeon at Super Bowl

That indicates the Nebraska secondary coach isn’t good at what he does if his players have poor technique.
Butler just got here in time for fall camp & Buford is a Junior with a few bad habits give it time. I've been pretty impressed with Butler in his short time here and am excited to watch what he can do with these guys. Ceyair is a prime example who has benefited, Butler will get much better too if he listens to Butler and applies himself

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT