ADVERTISEMENT

Casey Thompson

It's good we have the scouts on here all over this. I wonder if Thompson is high on their collective boards after exhaustively watching hours of film?

Last edited:
Not completely sold on this kid. However, his Dad could have been a legend. Cam Ward has a much higher upside and he's not 23 years old. We need to go all in on him instead. This kid looks o.k. i guess.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Dude was 5-7 against a schedule much kinder than NU’s. He is highly likely to not be an upgrade from Martinez. And is far from a lock to start over Smothers, should he transfer.

He is an upgrade over AM in every way. He went 4-4 as a starter which isn’t great. But he played through a nasty hand injury he sustained in the OU game (where he threw for 400 yards and 5 TD’s) and was never really the reason they lost. Look at the KU game he threw 6 TD’s and led scoring drives with less than a 1 min left in regulation and in OT.

Dude was 5-7 against a schedule much kinder than NU’s. He is highly likely to not be an upgrade from Martinez. And is far from a lock to start over Smothers, should he transfer.
If Texas had Nebraska Defense they would have had more wins. His 5-7 record is not because he can't play it's because the Texas D was terrible this year.

He is an upgrade over AM in every way. He went 4-4 as a starter which isn’t great. But he played through a nasty hand injury he sustained in the OU game (where he threw for 400 yards and 5 TD’s) and was never really the reason they lost. Look at the KU game he threw 6 TD’s and led scoring drives with less than a 1 min left in regulation and in OT.
He is an upgrade over TM. However, the kid wasn't even the starter for the full season. At the beginning of the year, he got beat out by a kid named Hudson Hawke or something. Not that the kid can't play, it's just that there are still better options out there. His dad Charles could have been a good one, though.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
You're not sold on anything. Aren't you an Iowa fan.
If I would have been sold on everything concerning this program over the last 20 years, I would have a lot of lemons to suck on. I have learned to proceed with caution and not get hard over every player possibly thrown our way.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
He is an upgrade over TM. However, the kid wasn't even the starter for the full season. At the beginning of the year, he got beat out by a kid named Hudson Hawke or something. Not that the kid can't play, it's just that there are still better options out there. His dad Charles could have been a good one, though.
What are the better options?

I'd rather have ut's rb...and oklahoma's qb
butI guess if he was the starting qb for ut, a lot of folks thought highly of him.

If I would have been sold on everything concerning this program over the last 20 years, I would have a lot of lemons to suck on. I have learned to proceed with caution and not get hard over every player possibly thrown our way.
But yet you are on Ward. Of the three, I think Purdy is the best choice.

Remember, this is the crowd that was excited that we might get Akron's 3rd string QB. That said, this transfer makes the most sense out of all the other possibilities I have seen. Purdy would be nice, but a huge risk between injury and inexperience.

Not completely sold on this kid. However, his Dad could have been a legend. Cam Ward has a much higher upside and he's not 23 years old. We need to go all in on him instead. This kid looks o.k. i guess.
I would hope we made a run for Cameron Ward, but he’s never been mentioned by anyone ‘in the know’ as far as I know. My guess is that means he’s not interested in us. If we never pursued him, shame on us.

Remember, this is the crowd that was excited that we might get Akron's 3rd string QB. That said, this transfer makes the most sense out of all the other possibilities I have seen. Purdy would be nice, but a huge risk between injury and inexperience.
I think there was one dude that thought that was a good idea and about everyone else was like "WTF?"

Kind of like when Mike Riley was named head coach here.

I would hope we made a run for Cameron Ward, but he’s never been mentioned by anyone ‘in the know’ as far as I know. My guess is that means he’s not interested in us. If we never pursued him, shame on us.
You don’t know if they haven’t been in touch..Purdy announced that he was offered and a texass site has indicated that Nebraska has reached out that‘s all’s we know now…

Reactions: HominidHusker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT