ADVERTISEMENT

Can Frost block Gebbia's transfer?

HudsonValleyHusker

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Poughkeepsie, NY
Can Frost refuse to release Gebbia? What are the rules regarding these type of things? Granted it would look petty on Frost's part, but Gebbia really put the QB situation in a tough place.

According to the press Gebbia has already been granted his release!

If he blocks it, he keeps an unmotivated and probably bitter kid around. That could affect team chemistry not to mention taking a scholarship from a guy who wants to be here.

Moot point because as mentioned, he has already been let go.

I wish the kid well. I was excited to have some depth and competition in the spot. I hope Bunch can step up and be a capable number 2

He could block it but would be foolish to do so. That is why he did allow it. As stated above, you don't keep a disgruntled and bitter 2nd team QB around. Bad for team morale.

I wish Gebbia well. I think he will do well wherever he goes. It did not work out here, but hey, the kid is young and shit happens. Time to move on.

If he blocks his release, TG could still transfer, he just couldn't go on scholarship the first year at his new school. I could understand blocking someone from a conference school, but it would be a complete dbag move to not release him anywhere. Plus it would be a PR nightmare.

If he blocks his release, TG could still transfer, he just couldn't go on scholarship the first year at his new school. I could understand blocking someone from a conference school, but it would be a complete dbag move to not release him anywhere. Plus it would be a PR nightmare.

And good luck spinning that to recruits..

Reactions: scarletred
If he blocks it, he keeps an unmotivated and probably bitter kid around. That could affect team chemistry not to mention taking a scholarship from a guy who wants to be here.

Moot point because as mentioned, he has already been let go.

I wish the kid well. I was excited to have some depth and competition in the spot. I hope Bunch can step up and be a capable number 2
I agree let him go. Isn't the scholarship already lost, though?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Think Brianna Holman (iirc) in Volleyball. Im sure LSU caught TONS of flak on the recruiting trail for screwing with her transfer to Nebraska. Probably easier to count the coaches who didnt use that move against them than did.

Reactions: TheBeav815

Agreed, kaz. It would be a complete d-bag move to restrict him from any other schools other than BIG schools.

Can Frost refuse to release Gebbia? What are the rules regarding these type of things? Granted it would look petty on Frost's part, but Gebbia really put the QB situation in a tough place.
And just what good would that serve?

Blocking conference schools and schools on schedule during eligibility I think is fairly common and accepted practice and I think reasonable.

Reactions: HuskerDana
I don't think there's any real need to block conference schools, he's probably going to try to get into a school that hasn't started classes yet, which likely eliminates all the B1G schools anyhow.

Reactions: HuskerDana
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT