ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Taylor doubt???

Regarding Meyer. I don't think that he will be there 5 years from now either. He took a couple of years off after Florida.

The thing is we don't know "down the road". People on this board thought that Callahan was going to reinvent our brand, Bo was going to bring the Blackshirts back to prominence and Smiling Mike was going to "do it" due to finally having resources. Although I do believe Frost is a home run hire and much better than the three bozos before, I still want to see results.
We will see the results as Frost as I've said time and time again is the last Bastion of our glory years and has that same attitude coaching as what he played with and guarantee he will infuse that Nasty aggressive attitude along with the brutal physicality that 90s teams had back into the culture. What is gonna take a bit of time, isn't really as much as talent or X's and O's as it's the team learning how to win again consistantly and winning with attitude. I believe Offensively what we are gonna see here is gonna look quite familiar Osborne's ground game and Frost's Passing attack on top of it. It's gonna look a bit different than UCF's Offense, however he did incorporate some of Osborne's Offense there and Frost even mentioned a couple of weeks back about it looking familiar to fans if they can get it done, plus Frost still knows Osborne's playbook like the back of his hand.

Last edited:
OSU fan here. I think Urban will coach 5-6 years max. I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits if he wins another national championship in the next 2-3 years. He turns 54 this year. I don't see him coaching at 60. Whenever he leave it was a helluva ride.

Obviously you can't read! Frost will be down the road and if Osborne was still coaching, we still have the players and would destroy Saban just like he did years ago head to head. Osborne has and will still have the better career record when saban retires. Osborne spent all of his time with one school, how many has Saban been at? Osborne has coached in more National title games than Saban ever has. Osborne's Record 255-49-1 in 25 years and what is Saban's. With Osborne's record, the average is a little over 10 wins a year for a career. 60-3 his last 5 years and technically we should've won 4 National Championships out of 5 years. 93,94,95 and 97. I still say that 95 squad in it's prime would've eaten every National Champion up through this year for lunch. So go back to your hole! LOL Oh by the way Here is Saban's Career Record: 22 Years, 223-62-1, .781

O man you are making my day...... You do realize the SEC top to bottom would piss pound the old big 8/12 right? Where did you get the coaches in more national championships? Saban has won more(6) than TO has coached in (5).

OSU fan here. I think Urban will coach 5-6 years max. I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it quits if he wins another national championship in the next 2-3 years. He turns 54 this year. I don't see him coaching at 60. Whenever he leave it was a helluva ride.
I agree, you will have one hell of a ride when he retires. We have been down so long and basically it's been you, MSU and Wisconsin that have been hold this conference together the past number of years on the National stage. With Frost's hire a Blueblood and sleeping giant is getting ready to awaken from an extremely long slumber, too long!

Down the line, not now we will be the ones embarrassing Bucky on the field. I'm saying 4-6 years from now. There be a new Sheriff in town. OSU at that point will no longer be ruling the roost in the conference and besides that fact, I would take a coach that calls all of his own plays over one who doesn't have ability to any day. I'll say this and I may be a homer for doing so, Frost is going to prove to be the 2nd coming of T.O. which I'm sorry Meyer and Saban aren't even in the same galaxy as Osborne as he would've out coached both and it wouldn't have even been close. Who knows Frost may even prove himself to be better than the man himself when all is said and done in his career. So what if Meyer has 3 National titles, this isn't about what was, this is about now and the future. Always look forward, not back.

Where does that put Barry Switzer? LaughingLaughingLaughing

Reactions: Sinomatic
O man you are making my day...... You do realize the SEC top to bottom would piss pound the old big 8/12 right? Where did you get the coaches in more national championships? Saban has won more(6) than TO has coached in (5).
Wrong..The Huskers have also played in a bowl game for a national championship on 5 other occasions. Nebraska is one of only three schools to win five national titles in football since 1970, and the Huskers are one of only seven teams in college football history to capture at least three crowns.Jan 25, 2018 Osborne has coached in 9 winning 5 Devaney Coached 3 of them winning 2 Osborne: Clemson Orange Bowl Jan, 82 Miami Orange Bowl Jan, 85, Miami Orange Bowl Jan, 89, Florida St Orange Bowl Jan, 94. Devaney: Alabama Orange Bowl Jan, 66

Last edited:
You know this how? When Nebraska was on top in the 90s the SEC wasn’t gonna piss pound NU. Silly to suggest this when most experts to this day still call 95 huskers the best ever.

Agree that Saban winning 6 NCs versus Tom playing in (and losing some) fewer national title games is hard to ignore.

I don't understand why people were calling Jarrett Bell immature when JJB and Taylor are doing the same thing except it's only a day away from signing day. Seems silly that we supposedly moved on from him because he couldn't make up his mind when 7 or 8 of our targets aren't making up their mind until signing day.

Even if you want to suggest NU and OK and even Texas could have ran with the top 3, the middle and the bottom of the league would have pounded the middle/bottom of the big8/12. Baylor, Kansas, and Iowa State were BAD during that time. Vandy is "bad" but that's the only one and not anywhere near "bad" on that level.

I won't need to take this anywhere this guy is just reinforcing the he'll out of the stereotypes that it is impossible to talk to a Nebraska fan without hearing about to being God's gift to earth and the 90s.

I'm not here to take the info somewhere else or bash I am just amused.
Wrong..The Huskers have also played in a bowl game for a national championship on 5 other occasions. Nebraska is one of only three schools to win five national titles in football since 1970, and the Huskers are one of only seven teams in college football history to capture at least three crowns.Jan 25, 2018 Osborne has coached in 7 winning 3 Devaney Coached 3 of them winning 2 Osborne: Clemson Orange Bowl Jan, 82 Miami Orange Bowl Jan, 85, Miami Orange Bowl Jan, 89, Florida St Orange Bowl Jan, 94. Devaney: Alabama Orange Bowl Jan, 66

Last edited:
Reactions: CatColumbia
Wrong..The Huskers have also played in a bowl game for a national championship on 5 other occasions. Nebraska is one of only three schools to win five national titles in football since 1970, and the Huskers are one of only seven teams in college football history to capture at least three crowns.Jan 25, 2018 Osborne has coached in 9 winning 5 Devaney Coached 3 of them winning 2 Osborne: Clemson Orange Bowl Jan, 82 Miami Orange Bowl Jan, 85, Miami Orange Bowl Jan, 89, Florida St Orange Bowl Jan, 94. Devaney: Alabama Orange Bowl Jan, 66

I like and respect your knowledge and enthusiasm. But let's hold off on the Frost is better than Meyer and Saban talk for now.

While I am hopeful that SF will be a home run hire, I want to see on the field results before I get all hot and bothered about what might be.

As far as our past goes with how T.O. would fair in the SEC. It is fairly obvious since there is a long time regular season and bowl game matchups during T.O.'s years to look at mainly from the 70s/80s. We used to play them almost every year in the regular season.

While we only won 3 national title games against the SEC, we simply owned that conference outright. Quite frankly, a push over in the 70s-90s. T.O. went 14-1-1 against the SEC. Maybe his best record against any top tier conf? Not sure, I'd have to research.

Don't think he was losing any sleep playing them. Heck, even the BIG10 was a better match up in those years. At least they managed a couple of wins against us. Lol, even Iowa managed to equal the entire SEC in wins against T.O. :p

There are 3 teams that clearly had our number though at the top level and those 3 programs were FSU, OU, and Miami.

Down the line, not now we will be the ones embarrassing Bucky on the field. I'm saying 4-6 years from now. There be a new Sheriff in town. OSU at that point will no longer be ruling the roost in the conference and besides that fact, I would take a coach that calls all of his own plays over one who doesn't have ability to any day. I'll say this and I may be a homer for doing so, Frost is going to prove to be the 2nd coming of T.O. which I'm sorry Meyer and Saban aren't even in the same galaxy as Osborne as he would've out coached both and it wouldn't have even been close. Who knows Frost may even prove himself to be better than the man himself when all is said and done in his career. So what if Meyer has 3 National titles, this isn't about what was, this is about now and the future. Always look forward, not back.

Meyer has always been great with someone else's recruiting class, I think the jury is out on weather he can actually recruit and win. If he had Frosts ability he would be a true champion.

While I am hopeful that SF will be a home run hire, I want to see on the field results before I get all hot and bothered about what might be.

As far as our past goes with how T.O. would fair in the SEC. It is fairly obvious since there is a long time regular season and bowl game matchups during T.O.'s years to look at mainly from the 70s/80s. We used to play them almost every year in the regular season.

While we only won 3 national title games against the SEC, we simply owned that conference outright. Quite frankly, a push over in the 70s-90s. T.O. went 14-1-1 against the SEC. Maybe his best record against any top tier conf? Not sure, I'd have to research.

Don't think he was losing any sleep playing them. Heck, even the BIG10 was a better match up in those years. At least they managed a couple of wins against us. Lol, even Iowa managed to equal the entire SEC in wins against T.O. :p

There are 3 teams that clearly had our number though at the top level and those 3 programs were FSU, OU, and Miami.
This is a very strong post. Well said!

Meyer has always been great with someone else's recruiting class, I think the jury is out on weather he can actually recruit and win. If he had Frosts ability he would be a true champion.
You're kidding, 177-31 career record, 3 national titles, 85% winning percentage. Yep,too bad the guy can't coach.

You're kidding, 177-31 career record, 3 national titles, 85% winning percentage. Yep,too bad the guy can't coach.
Dont mind that he cut his teeth turning Utah into a good team....... it isn't worth it. T.O is God, Scott Frost is going to be Jesus and everyone associated with the progrqm not named TO or Devainey is the devil.....

ps.... hey bucknut, how bout them hawkeyes? :)

177-31 over a 16 year coaching period. Must be a flash in the pan. Does 56-14 have a familiar ring to it. And I'm not talking about your game with Iowa.

We dis our own coaches bad enough on threads discussing other topics, is anyone really surprised we would't be off topic and dis some other coaches as well?

I didn't say he wasn't great, I said he has always had someone else's recruits. He has never had to face what Frost or even Harbaugh has had to face. He has pretty much walked into winning programs and tried to sustain them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT