ADVERTISEMENT

Cade McNamara to Iowa

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

And they’ll still be a 7 win team..😂

No I haven't but there are rumors that Brian could be leaving for the NFL after the bowl game... If I had my choice, demote Brian to offensive line coach and bring in Paul Chryst as the offensive coordinator!
as J. Edgar Hoover said to LBJ re: the Warren Commission findings, "you must realize, Mr. President, that there will always be rumors. there will always be rumors."

or as my former XO on the USS Dubuque told me, "don't ever listen to mess deck rumors."

Cade is awful cocky. He put on social media something about people better not sleep on Iowas offense and to go ahead and keep thinking they suck. I dont think he understands how BF can ruin a QB and have shitty offenses.

Now that we’ve righted the ship with Iowa we need to start using them as a feeder program. Even though Kirk is a racist bastard he has a good eye for linemen and linebackers that can be developed. Let Kirk find them and teach them the fundamentals for a couple years and then let them transfer here.

Something occurred to me when I saw these two Michigan cast-offs end up in Iowa City and all the talk earlier of Hausmann ending up there....when he ended up at Michigan. Is Iowa the new Scott Frost Lincoln? The "we are almost right there" good team that is destined to suck regardless who ends up there? Granted, Scott Frost teams sucked with a glimpse of hope in the future that never arrived. Kirk Ferentz teams are always good that just might be great if only you hope against hope. This year is going to be that year. For real. You almost got it. That other QB and TE from that other team is just what you will need.

as J. Edgar Hoover said to LBJ re: the Warren Commission findings, "you must realize, Mr. President, that there will always be rumors. there will always be rumors."

or as my former XO on the USS Dubuque told me, "don't ever listen to mess deck rumors."
or as my former XO on the USS Sylvania told me, "High and tight!"

Reactions: Laner2
Something occurred to me when I saw these two Michigan cast-offs end up in Iowa City and all the talk earlier of Hausmann ending up there....when he ended up at Michigan. Is Iowa the new Scott Frost Lincoln? The "we are almost right there" good team that is destined to suck regardless who ends up there? Granted, Scott Frost teams sucked with a glimpse of hope in the future that never arrived. Kirk Ferentz teams are always good that just might be great if only you hope against hope. This year is going to be that year. For real. You almost got it. That other QB and TE from that other team is just what you will need.
Yet you guys suck for real every year. Makes it easy doesn't it.

Sounds like a 1:45AM, lights come on at the bar, you're drunk as hell and spot the remaining "thing" at the other side of the bar. Next thing you know you're gnawing your arm off in the morning to make the great escape while wondering how many people saw you the night before.
and you end up taking SF, BP, R, or whoever, you don't care right up your back side. Suck is a word you guys use for everyone else while you mouth is full.

As a recruiting expert worldwide I expect this transfer to still make Iowa suck
I call BS but the mouth breathers are going to constantly repeat the drill. New coach, new hope, same old bravado, thump chest, see results, drink beer, beat wife or whatever and make fun of other teams that suck just not as bad as you. Good lord, you folks never change which is why opposing teams love to talk smack about you. It's too easy.

I call BS but the mouth breathers are going to constantly repeat the drill. New coach, new hope, same old bravado, thump chest, see results, drink beer, beat wife or whatever and make fun of other teams that suck just not as bad as you. Good lord, you folks never change which is why opposing teams love to talk smack about you. It's too easy.
Go polish your outback bowl trophy

Jesus dude, it's the middle of the night and you're on another teams board. Put down the booze and go to bed or maybe find some friends. What a shit life, if this is your Saturday night. Still salty from the Iowa loss, what a pathetic LOSER!

Last edited:
He was a game manager at Michigan where they had good talent, now he's going to a place that has little skill talent.

You’re still hurting aren’t you? Time will heal this wound but in the meantime just suck it! Scoreboard bitch! Deal with it.

Only thing that will make Iowa a winning team next year is their unique ability to dodge both Michigan and Ohio State again. How many times have they played both of those teams combined since the start of divisions?

Only thing that will make Iowa a winning team next year is their unique ability to dodge both Michigan and Ohio State again. How many times have they played both of those teams combined since the start of divisions?
The West Division has existed for nine seasons, and in six of those nine seasons, the winning team also avoided playing the top two teams in the East in the regular season. The exceptions were the 2018 Northwestern team that lost to UM but beat everybody in the West, and both 2016 Wisconsin, who also beat everyone in the West, and 2019 Wisconsin. For five of the nine years, the team that went undefeated vs. its West opponents won the division.

WEST DIVISION CHAMPIONS vs. Top Two Teams in the East
2022 — Purdue 6-3 overall, 4-2 vs. the West (didn't play Michigan or OSU in regular season)
2021 — Iowa 7-2, 4-2 vs. the West (didn't play Michigan or OSU in regular season)
2020 — Northwestern 6-1, 5-0 vs. the West (didn't play Indiana or OSU in regular season)
2019. — Wisconsin 7-2, 5-1 vs. the West (lost to OSU but didn't play PSU during regular season)
2018 — Northwestern 8-1, 6-0 vs. the West (lost to Michigan but didn't play OSU in regular season)
2017 — Wisconsin 9-0, 6-0 vs. the West (didn't play PSU or OSU in the regular season)
2016 — Wisconsin 7-2, 6-0 vs. the West (lost to OSU but didn't play PSU in regular season)
2015 — Iowa 8-0, 6-0 vs. the West (didn't play MSU or OSU in regular season)
2014 — Wisconsin 7-1, 5-1 vs. the West (didn't play MSU or OSU in regular season)

So, the answer is to beat everybody in the West — though the current level of parity suggests that's not likely — and to avoid playing the two best teams from the East, which are almost always top 10 or better teams nationally.

Who avoids the presumed top two in the East next year, Michigan and Ohio State? Iowa. Who gets home-field advantage against the only West teams with winning records, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois? Iowa.

BTW, Iowa and Nebraska are the only West teams that have had to play the top two East teams in the regular season:
2022 — Iowa 5-4, 4-2 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2021 — Nebraska 1-8, 1-5 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2018 — Nebraska 3-6, 2-4 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2017 — Iowa 4-5, 3-3 vs. the West (lost to PSU but beat OSU)
2017 — Nebraska 3-6, 2-4 vs. the West (lost to PSU and OSU)

The only teams to play all three of the top East teams in the same regular season? The 2021 Cornhuskers played top 10 OSU, UM and MSU that season. The 2017 Hawkeyes played the top three that year, also losing to Michigan State in addition to Michigan and beating OSU.

The West Division has existed for nine seasons, and in six of those nine seasons, the winning team also avoided playing the top two teams in the East in the regular season. The exceptions were the 2018 Northwestern team that lost to UM but beat everybody in the West, and both 2016 Wisconsin, who also beat everyone in the West, and 2019 Wisconsin. For five of the nine years, the team that went undefeated vs. its West opponents won the division.

WEST DIVISION CHAMPIONS vs. Top Two Teams in the East
2022 — Purdue 6-3 overall, 4-2 vs. the West (didn't play Michigan or OSU in regular season)
2021 — Iowa 7-2, 4-2 vs. the West (didn't play Michigan or OSU in regular season)
2020 — Northwestern 6-1, 5-0 vs. the West (didn't play Indiana or OSU in regular season)
2019. — Wisconsin 7-2, 5-1 vs. the West (lost to OSU but didn't play PSU during regular season)
2018 — Northwestern 8-1, 6-0 vs. the West (lost to Michigan but didn't play OSU in regular season)
2017 — Wisconsin 9-0, 6-0 vs. the West (didn't play PSU or OSU in the regular season)
2016 — Wisconsin 7-2, 6-0 vs. the West (lost to OSU but didn't play PSU in regular season)
2015 — Iowa 8-0, 6-0 vs. the West (didn't play MSU or OSU in regular season)
2014 — Wisconsin 7-1, 5-1 vs. the West (didn't play MSU or OSU in regular season)

So, the answer is to beat everybody in the West — though the current level of parity suggests that's not likely — and to avoid playing the two best teams from the East, which are almost always top 10 or better teams nationally.

Who avoids the presumed top two in the East next year, Michigan and Ohio State? Iowa. Who gets home-field advantage against the only West teams with winning records, Purdue, Minnesota and Illinois? Iowa.

BTW, Iowa and Nebraska are the only West teams that have had to play the top two East teams in the regular season:
2022 — Iowa 5-4, 4-2 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2021 — Nebraska 1-8, 1-5 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2018 — Nebraska 3-6, 2-4 vs. the West (lost to both Michigan and OSU)
2017 — Iowa 4-5, 3-3 vs. the West (lost to PSU but beat OSU)
2017 — Nebraska 3-6, 2-4 vs. the West (lost to PSU and OSU)

The only teams to play all three of the top East teams in the same regular season? The 2021 Cornhuskers played top 10 OSU, UM and MSU that season. The 2017 Hawkeyes played the top three that year, also losing to Michigan State in addition to Michigan and beating OSU.
I wasnt even going on the top 2 teams in the East each year. I was just going off how many times they dont have to play OSU or Michigan (top 2 blue bloods in the conference). Which is as follows.
Iowa has played them both in the same season (not counting CCG as those arent scheduled) 2 times since 2011.
Iowa has played one of the two teams 5 times since 2011.
Iowa has had 4 years where they didn't play either one of those 2 teams.

Nebraska has played them both in the same season 4 times.
Has played one of the two teams 6 times.
Has had 2 years where they didnt play either one of them.

Iowa will do good this next season as they have a cupcake schedule for the 5th time. Then they will get blown out in the CCG again by OSU or Michigan and once again be the Fake ID of college football.

Reactions: 9and4
I wasnt even going on the top 2 teams in the East each year. I was just going off how many times they dont have to play OSU or Michigan (top 2 blue bloods in the conference). Which is as follows.
Iowa has played them both in the same season (not counting CCG as those arent scheduled) 2 times since 2011.
Iowa has played one of the two teams 5 times since 2011.
Iowa has had 4 years where they didn't play either one of those 2 teams.

Nebraska has played them both in the same season 4 times.
Has played one of the two teams 6 times.
Has had 2 years where they didnt play either one of them.

Iowa will do good this next season as they have a cupcake schedule for the 5th time. Then they will get blown out in the CCG again by OSU or Michigan and once again be the Fake ID of college football.
joe friday facts

ADVERTISEMENT