ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Bye, NLI

king_kong_

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
will be replaced with something much more in the neighborhood of a contract, given the latest ruling against the NCAA and a sort of "payroll" coming to college football

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Jay Moore and Jeremiah Sirles who is an agent now I guess were talking about this on Big Red Wrap Up last night. It all sounds confusing as hell right now. Public vs private schools. Employee, employer. Benefits? Firing players aka employees. Schools are going to get their 22 million to use to pay players. Revenue sharing. Contracts. Who gets what? Football, etc. QBs get X amount. O lineman, etc. It needs some kind of oversight and regulation. Like the NFL. They all agreed 1890 and Nebraska are all staying ahead of the game and are in good shape for the future.

Last edited:
will be replaced with something much more in the neighborhood of a contract, given the latest ruling against the NCAA and a sort of "payroll" coming to college football

Don't know how this will play out, but I HATE the current system of NIL and portal transfers.

Reactions: Dylman and HBK4life
Don't know how this will play out, but I HATE the current system of NIL and portal transfers.
It's like the wild west. It needs some structure. If you sign a big contract to play at school X, then transfer to school Y. Is the contract void? Do they have to pay the money back? Look to the NFL for guidance. Because the NCAA is basically the NFL right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT