ADVERTISEMENT

Burkhead retires....

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
...and raise your hand if you knew he was still playing. I did not. is he our best back as far as NFL goes in, forever?

I was on the Scout Board at the time and argued with a guy named "blackshirtmark" that Taylor was our best recruit, he argued that Burkhead was!

Last edited:
Reactions: Laner2
Heard talk radio saying he wouldn’t be in top 10 of RB’s while at NU. I haven’t put pen to paper, but I think he is in it. Off top of my head, LP, Rozier, Green, are the no brainers, then who you got? Dubose, buckhalter, B Jackson, R. Craig, We backs, Ameer, Hawaiian dude who played for raiders (blanking right now). Who else (and dont dare mention Keith “end zone” Jones). Red wine and Hipp were cool names, but …. I think I find a place for RB in top 10. Dude was a stud in all ways but for the top end speed

Reactions: scarletred
Heard talk radio saying he wouldn’t be in top 10 of RB’s while at NU. I haven’t put pen to paper, but I think he is in it. Off top of my head, LP, Rozier, Green, are the no brainers, then who you got? Dubose, buckhalter, B Jackson, R. Craig, We backs, Ameer, Hawaiian dude who played for raiders (blanking right now). Who else (and dont dare mention Keith “end zone” Jones). Red wine and Hipp were cool names, but …. I think I find a place for RB in top 10. Dude was a stud in all ways but for the top end speed
Wish we had a freshman like Burkhead to help our new quarterback. Maybe we do? Let's hope.

Reactions: Crisker
Helu?

The most productive Nebraskan RB in the NFL since A. Green was Danny Woodhead - unfortunately he wasn't a Husker. Sure wonder what his Husker legacy would have been if Frank would have offered him a scholarship.

I put him and Mike Rozier as tied for #5 all time. (NFL career) Both were very good at NU, (especially Rozier) but both were fairly underwhelming in the NFL.
Rozier fumble on 1 yard line in the Playoffs, Houston? I forget, I was busy keeping up in a place where the "Anchorage Daily News,"a half a day late at best was our only source those days.

Reactions: V-Doub
He holds all ltime game rushing record, yes?
Got hurt at Missouri in 2009, broke his collerbone on long run, in our comeback, then ran for the touchdown with the broken collarbone. In the downpour.
He did a great job running through huge holes against a missouri defense that didnt know shat it was doing. Look he showed good speed but 9/10 husker backs woulda broken the record that day.

Im not saying he wasnt good. He was good. I just think hes overrated quite a lot.

• Wow
Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Rozier fumble on 1 yard line in the Playoffs, Houston? I forget, I was busy keeping up in a place where the "Anchorage Daily News,"a half a day late at best was our only source those days.

I think you might be right about that, off the top of my head. I’m gonna look that up now…

iowa city start of the second half colder than hell. burkhead carried the entire iowa defense on his back out of a hole for 2 first downs that changed the field position and the game. cant say i have ever seen 2 better carries at a time when it counted more. the guy was a horse and a frickin winner

iowa city start of the second half colder than hell. burkhead carried the entire iowa defense on his back out of a hole for 2 first downs that changed the field position and the game. cant say i have ever seen 2 better carries at a time when it counted more. the guy was a horse and a frickin winner
Had he not had the unfortunate knee injury, and then being rushed back on the field, he would have been much higher in the list. Wish we had one like him now.

Reactions: huntered
Congrats to Rex. Has been an awesome contributor for 10 years and earned some nice bank along the way…. He’s one that I will always be proud to call a husker.

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT