ADVERTISEMENT

BRYSON N!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“I’m taking classes to enroll early,” he said. “I’ll graduate, I want to say sometime in December, then I’ll be able to enroll (at college) in late December or early January.”

Webber, a 247Sports composite four-star prospect, is rated highest by ESPN, which lists him as the nation's No. 176 overall prospect and No. 18 cornerback.

Obligatory:
Iron Man GIF

Reactions: DerHusker
Great get. This is a welcome addition. But our recruiting is still rather average overall. Hopefully some of the higher rated players who have us on their short list commit to us.
Count me as someone who is less worried. Frost stacked highly ranked talent yet could not get past 5 wins. Certainly comparable in quality to Pelini who won 9 and 10 per year. Compare win percentage to recruiting rank and we have been a less with more program for years. There has been and still is sufficient talent on the roster to win eight or nine games. And that will be true when members of the present class are upper class men.

Count me as someone who is less worried. Frost stacked highly ranked talent yet could not get past 5 wins. Certainly comparable in quality to Pelini who won 9 and 10 per year. Compare win percentage to recruiting rank and we have been a less with more program for years. There has been and still is sufficient talent on the roster to win eight or nine games. And that will be true when members of the present class are upper class men.
I think this is all true overall, but things have changed radically in just the past year. The B1G now has 3 potential top five teams (OSU, Michigan, Oregon), 2 potential top ten teams (PSU, USC) and 2 teams with proven records of kicking our asses (Wisconsin, Iowa). There is also the combination of NIL and transfer portal that has created an expensive free agency situation in which we can compete somewhat but not with the elite teams. And we are no longer an elite program and haven’t been since 2002.

I am NOT saying that Rhule will fail and I think he is going to eventually get us to Wisconsin/Iowa levels of success. We will most likely go bowling this year. But until we start recruiting top 15 classes we should stop fantasizing about competing in the upper echelons of the conference. Rhule can develop 3 star talent into really good and tough teams. But elite teams will continue to beat us.

Perhaps if we have a break out season this year our recruiting will rocket up higher. But right now our recruiting looks like Pelini levels but with a nicer coach, and a string of 8/9 win seasons and trips to the lesser bowls. Yes we got Raiola. But who thinks that would have happened without his family connections to Nebraska? Hopefully we can parlay that good fortune into recruiting gold with a good season this year. We will see.

I think this is all true overall, but things have changed radically in just the past year. The B1G now has 3 potential top five teams (OSU, Michigan, Oregon), 2 potential top ten teams (PSU, USC) and 2 teams with proven records of kicking our asses (Wisconsin, Iowa). There is also the combination of NIL and transfer portal that has created an expensive free agency situation in which we can compete somewhat but not with the elite teams. And we are no longer an elite program and haven’t been since 2002.

I am NOT saying that Rhule will fail and I think he is going to eventually get us to Wisconsin/Iowa levels of success. We will most likely go bowling this year. But until we start recruiting top 15 classes we should stop fantasizing about competing in the upper echelons of the conference. Rhule can develop 3 star talent into really good and tough teams. But elite teams will continue to beat us.

Perhaps if we have a break out season this year our recruiting will rocket up higher. But right now our recruiting looks like Pelini levels but with a nicer coach, and a string of 8/9 win seasons and trips to the lesser bowls. Yes we got Raiola. But who thinks that would have happened without his family connections to Nebraska? Hopefully we can parlay that good fortune into recruiting gold with a good season this year. We will see.
Saying we only got Raiola because of his family connections is funny to me. Do you think any of the southern schools would sign those southern kids if they up and moved schools like Bama or Clemson to Idaho?

We don't have to downplay signing the top qb because we had an advantage. Those other schools had advantages too. It still took recruiting chops, even if that recruiting took a long break for part of last year. All the other staffs had years of a head start. Warm weather in Georgia's case. Winning. NFL rosters. Rhule played his hand like a boss and won. That isn't any more lucky then LSU having a state full of NFL wideouts. Or Bama having DT's all over their radius. Doesn't seem to bother them.

B1G also has a bunch of bottom feeders. Beat the sh!t teams and start turning this thing around.

Saying we only got Raiola because of his family connections is funny to me. Do you think any of the southern schools would sign those southern kids if they up and moved schools like Bama or Clemson to Idaho?

We don't have to downplay signing the top qb because we had an advantage. Those other schools had advantages too. It still took recruiting chops, even if that recruiting took a long break for part of last year. All the other staffs had years of a head start. Warm weather in Georgia's case. Winning. NFL rosters. Rhule played his hand like a boss and won. That isn't any more lucky than LSU having a state full of NFL wideouts. Or Bama having DT's all over their radius. Doesn't seem to bother them.
Nebraska only got Raiola because of his family connections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT