ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner showed some balls doing all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been locked as a thread all ready, hurry up football season. These threads are not going to change minds and frankly should get some vacation time if they keep up. People whine about political threads and this is nothing more than that.

As a transracial black man stuck in a white man's body, I only hope we can have our own Jenner show enough courage to make a choice to come out as a transracial person.
I have known I am black since I was about ten years old. The culture and style simply resonates with me and I feel like I'm not looking at myself in the mirror. I attend black culture festivals but feel excluded because of the looks I get, but I know I'm a black man.
But it's been hard. I was not accepted at an all-black college for graduate school, and then I went for an interview for a minority scholarship and was asked in a not-so-kind way to see the door. I try to explain but no one understands.
I was also ticketed for speeding and my license was revoked for thirty days and I think the cop new I was black because I feel if he didn't get that feeling I would have only gotten a warning or a minor ticket for doing 85 in a 60. I could just tell by the way he was angry with me that he knew, and he of course was racist for ticketing me.
I tried telling this to an assistant at the attorney generals office, but they wouldn't act on it because, according to her, racism only happens against black people. I was furious she would not accept me for who I really am...I was born like this! Even Al Sharpton has been hard to get ahold of.
Yes, it took Caitlyn great courage to make a choice and a decision that he/she wanted to make. Kinda like how it takes courage to get handed terminal brain cancer and, instead of giving up, continuing to pursuit college and basketball, a dream, and to do it with life and vigor even knowing there is no hope. Yes, to me they are the same.
Send us a transracial Jenner now! So I can get my benefits for it! Back to watching a black-only awards show.

Last edited:
I agree. Military types like Navy Seals are what I consider the definition of what is a man. A friend of mine told me that there are right now eight living former Navy Seals living transgender. Most of them said growing up they sought out the most masculine thing they could find to cover up how they actually felt inside. I wouldn't doubt that a bunch of former professional male athletes are the same way. Coming out as transgender may not be as brave as charging a machine gun, but it takes a whole lot more guts than going on a message board to call them out. Just my two cents.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/03/us/lady-valor-kristin-beck-transgender-navy-seal-interview/

I just don't get how people would think that this is a choice. Kristian Beck (as referenced above) lost her family because she came out and transitioned. She could have plenty of attention if she wanted it without losing her family, she was an extremely decorated Navy Seal.

Catelyn Jenner has had all the attention she could ask for and could get more attention much easier than coming out as a trans. She is literally putting herself at risk coming out because of the high hate crime rate that comes with being a trans-female.

I don't understand it. Just like I don't understand being gay or being an Iowa fan or religious beliefs that are very different than my own. But I don't have to get it. Just let people be who they are and be kind. Even to Iowa fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT