ADVERTISEMENT

Storms

CheeseRunza

Redshirt Freshman
May 29, 2001
Sounds like some of these storms are pretty serious, particularly in the Waterloo, Elkhorn, and Bennington areas. Hopefully everyone is staying safe.

Reactions: Catch50
We were having golf ball sized hail here in Arlington. Then the sirens went off around 12:30. Made it through that. Multiple tornados to the south.

Sister said it went over Bennington, which was where she was before she drove like crazy home to Elkhorn. Elkhorn's ok.

Saw 20 homes in Elkhorn area have been destroyed. Semis off the road into cornfields by the interstate.

Be safe folks
What part of Elkhorn? Street names? I'm guessing it's the north part as my family in Skyline Ranches is okay.

Last edited:
Best info coming from Omaha tv stations KETV, etc. with their live reports. Yeah, it's Bill Ramby - sorry, I can't remember which station the "weather hottie" is with.

Reactions: cornhustler
I'm out of state this week but I hope all of you in the Lincoln & Waverly area emerged unscathed from today's storms. Frightening videos!
😢

North Elkhorn hit hard. North East of Lincoln. Hearing Bennington, possibly the Newport Landing area with the gigantic houses. Some buildings at Eppley airfield. Iowa also getting it hard.

Just got home, we kept kids sheltered many are still there. They dont have a home to go to. Ramblewood especially the west sides of it are gone. Elkhorn Middle will be a Red Cross site.
I think everyone better start coming to grips that the spring game might not happen if the injury reports in Lincoln are accurate. I hope no one died.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT