ADVERTISEMENT

Brenton Cox

cmblizz96

Walk On
Jun 19, 2001
Previous 5 star sophomore UGA linebacker entering the transfer portal. Wonder if their is any interest?

Its so late in the game, he will pretty much need to go the JUCO route. Now I'm sure a program like Middle Tennessee State or Georgia Southern would take him this late, but I doubt he wants to play non power 5 football.

8635288.jpg

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Previous 5 star sophomore UGA linebacker entering the transfer portal. Wonder if their is any interest?
Cox has been somewhat of a headache in Athens from the jump. He's very talented, but his attitude was a problem and his effort was as well. Maybe this will jumpstart his career and he'll change his ways. A senior leader on last year's UGA team got on him about effort in practice and the two almost got in a fight (or did, depending on who you believe). Cox was also passed over by other players at OLB and was running 2nd-3rd team at the spot, which he was unhappy about. Having said that... his talent is immense and he'd be worth the risk for NEB, but I would be shocked if he leaves the South.

Cox has been somewhat of a headache in Athens from the jump. He's very talented, but his attitude was a problem and his effort was as well. Maybe this will jumpstart his career and he'll change his ways. A senior leader on last year's UGA team got on him about effort in practice and the two almost got in a fight (or did, depending on who you believe). Cox was also passed over by other players at OLB and was running 2nd-3rd team at the spot, which he was unhappy about. Having said that... his talent is immense and he'd be worth the risk for NEB, but I would be shocked if he leaves the South.
Thanks for the info. I think I'd pass even if we had room.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I think I'd pass even if we had had room.
It's frustrating as he was so good in spring ball as an early enrollee, but once games started he began to freelance too often and consistently would fail to set the edge. All he wanted to do was rush the passer, but when the staff would try and fix it he would dig in. UGA's rivals site is saying he was asked to leave the team more than it was a mutual call. Takes some stones to tell a 5* to leave the team, but it must have gotten to the point where the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. Obviously, it helps make the decision to move on easier having recruited well at the position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT