ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Qvale repping with 1's for Jets and

Brent's doing very well, hard as an OL starting as an undrafted free agent.

"Willie Colon, last year's starter, was activited from the PUP list and took part in practice. Colon split the first-team reps with Brent Qvale and Brian Winters, who began the day with the 2s. Colon and Qvale were frequently rotating every few reps."

Does make me wonder a little bit. Seems odd that a guy on the cusp of making an NFL roster didn't even develop enough here to make honorable mention all-conference.

While I liked Garrison, I think we're in for a huge upgrade now on our OL coach and play

Qvale is not the first guy to potentially make an NFL roster who didn't see much playing time here. Injuries while here are certainly a factor. Zach Bowman & Mo Seisay are two others that fit this mold that also that come to mind...

GBR

Sirles, Qvale, and Long will all be on NFL rosters this Fall.

Let that sink in, especially with relation to the 2012 team.

1. Tim Beck's run blocking scheme often casted an unfair negative light on the offensive line. In cases, it was nothing more than a big linemen shielding off a much smaller running back. The hat on hat aspects were often missing. This is h why some teams figured out how to bog down the oline. Beck often left 2 or 3 guys unblocked by design.

2. The 12 team allowed a ton of sacks. This was due in large part to terrible pass blocking technique being taught. Opponents picked up on this and it helped turn Taylor Martinez into dead meat on passing downs.

Its quite possible that Nebraska's oline coaching cost a bunch of guys money. How much better could Rodriguez from Aurora have been under a different staff?.

In fairness though.. Our center did suck last season. No coaching in the world could've made him a Big Ten football player.

I tend to agree Corn. There was a noticeable difference in how our Oline fired off the ball in the spring game under the new regime. Count me in the group that thinks we've got some good depth and players (Gates, Foster, Chongo, Givens-Price, Hannon, Farmer) here...

GBR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT