ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College and Stetson helping with RPI strength

big red22

Offensive Coordinator
Dec 15, 2003
Stetson winning at NJIT was a big one! They were 335 before that win on the road... Should help our OOC Strength of Schedule a ton! Boston College should go up 10-15 spots as well.

I know crazy, but Marist, Stetson and Delaware St. were killing our RPI. As much as you all probably want to make fun of this thread, that win will play a role in our computer rankings.

It's all in our hands. If we finish as the 4th seed in the Big Ten I think we'll get in, regardless of what happens with anyone else. If we finish 5th, we'll need at least one win in the Big Ten tournament.

Reactions: schuele
Nobody said these games don't matter - they just don't matter nearly as much as you claim that they do.

Does Stetson beating a team with a 235 RPI help? I suppose so. Does it help a ton? No. If I started a thread proposing that Kansas getting spanked by Baylor today crushed the Huskers' chances of making the tournament, people would think I was nuts - and they would be right. Baylor winning and Kansas losing isn't going to knock NU out of the tournament, but it probably had more impact than the outcome of an epic tilt between the #335 and #235 RPI teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFrazier
It's all in our hands. If we finish as the 4th seed in the Big Ten I think we'll get in, regardless of what happens with anyone else. If we finish 5th, we'll need at least one win in the Big Ten tournament.
Agree with this. Every week some games will go the Huskers' way, and some won't. Recently a few of the pundits had Nebraska in a First Four Out group with Marquette and UCLA. Bruins won at Arizona, and will now have to crap themselves to miss the tournament. Marquette lost two of its last three games and will now have to make up ground. Huskers didn't make a big leap forward but they kept winning, which is all they need to do.

Virginia needs to beat the Hokies. Close game in the 2nd half.

Both teams blew 4 point leads with under a minute left.

This doesn't help us, but I think VT was going to get in the NCAA tournament regardless.
Agree - I think Tech was probably getting in anyway. This will just improve their seeding.

On the bright side, North Texas lost a close one on the road to Middle Tennessee State. That's gotta boost Nebraska's RPI by at least .0000000001 points, give or take.

Reactions: TFrazier
Those 11 seeds that win in the first 4 often win their next game, too.

This NU team, right now, looks like a handful. I hope they win out in the regular season then pick up a win in the B1G tourney. That gets them a decent seed in the NCAA tourney and a shot to advance.

Can you imagine NU in the Sweet 16? This team looks the part.

Seriously how does Roby's dunk not make SC Top 10? Unfreakin' real! I wouldn't be surprised if those freaking idiots don't even have the footage from that game!

It may be stupid but it’s still the NCAA tournament.

It’s the tournament but winning that game shouldn’t count as a NCAA tournament win. No tournament wins stigma stays until this program makes the round of 32

lets beat mich and then, if they can hold on to the 1 seed, we can beat ohio and make the finals.

This board needs to stop worrying about Nebraska's resume and RPI/SOS. The Huskers control their bid chances.

This team will be favored in all 4 of their remaining games. The Huskers also paas the eye test, especially with Roby developing by leaps and bounds each week.

Everyone needs to stop worrying.

Reactions: PvilleHuskerTim
This board needs to stop worrying about Nebraska's resume and RPI/SOS. The Huskers control their bid chances.

This team will be favored in all 4 of their remaining games. The Huskers also paas the eye test, especially with Roby developing by leaps and bounds each week.

Everyone needs to stop worrying.
Agree with you. This is not the team that was playing back in November early December. They have improved. Heck Jordy coming off the bench and getting 6 to 8 points a game is a huge improvement. He just like the team can be a handful down the line for a lot of teams that are tournament bound

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT