ADVERTISEMENT

Bookie's Twitter

While I think Bookie is going to Nebraska if This last 48 hours doesn't have you wondering what is going on then you have your head in the sand. Losing Bookie would be almost be a death sentence to this recruiting class.
No...we will be fine with our without him. One player does not make a recruiting class.

Can you imagine what kind of freakout people would have had if KJJ went AWOL before signing day last year? Now that he is gone (for the time being at least) there has been very little freakout at all.

While I think Bookie is going to Nebraska if This last 48 hours doesn't have you wondering what is going on then you have your head in the sand. Losing Bookie would be almost be a death sentence to this recruiting class.
Will I think the whole thing is blown out of proportion, there's no doubt that losing Bookie would be a savage blow to the class. Not just because the player he is, but how he has taken the torch on peer-recruiting. It's scary to think about.

No...we will be fine with our without him. One player does not make a recruiting class.

Can you imagine what kind of freakout people would have had if KJJ went AWOL before signing day last year? Now that he is gone (for the time being at least) there has been very little freakout at all.
Because KJJ was a prime peer-recruiter, it would have been a big deal, yes. Once all of the guys are signed, that part doesn't matter anymore, and his value is strictly on himself at that point.

Additionally, KJJ is not the prospect Bookie is. He was probably the third best player at his position in the class after Lindsey flipped.

It's summer. Bookie's having some fun until school starts. You guys should know by now how this social media thing works. Guarantee you'll be seeing a lot more Gator fans at IMG home games this fall. :)

On the other hand, if Bookie did flip...it's one guy. There are hundreds of talented athletes that can play DB out there. We would only have to go find one. Sure the recruiting rankings would dip, but that's inconsequential in the long run. It would hurt more from a brand perspective as funny as that sounds. Bookie is well-known and respected by a lot of his peers and the younger kids. When you're not winning championships or prime time games, a guy like Bookie can really help your program just by repping the N.

I never stop being nervous about decommits until they actually sign. These are 17/18 year old kids making an important decision. I have no idea what these tweets mean or don't mean, and I really don't care. In my view, ALL of our commits are provisional, non-binding "maybes" until that fax machine starts humming in February. So am I worried about Bookie? Yes. I am nervous about all of them.

He gone ...

images

Well miami might finish with the #1 class. And if you knew your facts you'd know that last year Florida was basically is top school with Nebraska. We're not talking about Miami here or OSU, just Florida, a school he's had big time interest in before. And I'm sure the idiot who put his face on a nebraska t-shirt isn't helping at all. That's really weird and embarrassing for the program. Keep believing he's 100% committed, hopefully you'll be ok if he decommits.
Wish there was a thumbs down option to this post.

You've got to take him at his word. I would think his cousin and best friend being on the team, plus his relationship with our staff should make him rock solid. However, his recent actions are strange, I don't get how a kid goes from being the top peer recruiter in the nation, to fawning over another program on social media. Odd

I been following twitter lately just to see what the hub bub was all about. And Bookie has gone all Gator on twitter. Dudes liking everything that pops up Gator talk, commitments, and showing a lot of Gator love. I haven't seen one thing about, liked or retweets about anything Husker related from Bookie since Matt Carrols commitment to the Gators. I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling here that he's starting to actually flip. :(

I been following twitter lately just to see what the hub bub was all about. And Bookie has gone all Gator on twitter. Dudes liking everything that pops up Gator talk, commitments, and showing a lot of Gator love. I haven't seen one thing about, liked or retweets about anything Husker related from Bookie since Matt Carrols commitment to the Gators. I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling here that he's starting to actually flip. :(
Why would he say that he is solid if he really wasn't? This is why people should not pay attention to recruit's twitter feeds. I just cannot understand why people waste their time with that stuff. You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what somebody means by something they say or do on twitter. We have his actual words where he insists he is solid and that's what I am going to go with over whatever games he wants to play on social media. From what I read from other people, he may be just screwing around with our fans. And honestly, if you're stupid enough to hang out on a recruit's twitter feed, you probably deserve to be screwed around with.

Last edited:
Reactions: OO Snipes
Why would he say that he is solid if he really wasn't? This is why people should not pay attention to recruit's twitter feeds. I just cannot understand why people waste their time with that stuff. You can drive yourself crazy trying to figure out what somebody means by something they say or do on twitter. We have his actual words where he insists he is solid and that's what I am going to go with over whatever games he wants to play on social media. From what I read from other people, he may be just screwing around with our fans. And honestly, if you're stupid enough to hang out on a recruit's twitter feed, you probably deserve to be screwed around with.
Youre right but you have to remember how kidd view twitter and social media. It aint a joke or fake to them.

Youre right but you have to remember how kidd view twitter and social media. It aint a joke or fake to them.
I agree, but we have seen again and again these kids posting stuff just to stir things up as well.

Who knows what's behind these tweets? Maybe he's playing around, maybe not. But his own words in the interview a few days ago are what I am banking on. Otherwise, I would be sick to my stomach if I was banking on his twitter account.

I agree, but we have seen again and again these kids posting stuff just to stir things up as well.

Who knows what's behind these tweets? Maybe he's playing around, maybe not. But his own words in the interview a few days ago are what I am banking on. Otherwise, I would be sick to my stomach if I was banking on his twitter account.
I dont think anyone here is bankng on his twitter. But the reality is that its odd and a little worrisome. I believe hes a Husker until he says otherwise, but Id rather see husker stuff on his twitter than florida stuff.

Reactions: WHCSC and timnsun
Did he delete all the Nebraska stuff from his twitter bio? I thought I remember seeing if there before.

And Joshua Moore took his pic off his twitter profile... OMG... WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!?!?! You guys are friggin ridiculous.

Reactions: DukeOfSorrow
I unfollowed him on twitter. Tired of seeing all this UF crap on my feed and seeing creepy hunker fans tell him "love you Bookie". If he decommits those creepy husked fans have a lot to blame for it.

Reactions: OO Snipes
I unfollowed him on twitter. Tired of seeing all this UF crap on my feed and seeing creepy hunker fans tell him "love you Bookie". If he decommits those creepy husked fans have a lot to blame for it.

Take solace. I guarantee you there are as many creepy adult UF fans as there are Nebraska fans.

I can't hang on every 18 year olds word. it's almost as bad as trump suggesting Cruz's dad was involved in the JFK killing. sometimes you just have to completely disconnect from what people say, to preserve sanity.

Guys, turns out he was doing the pro-Florida stuff because a close friend of his is either already committed or thinking of committing there. He's still a 100% Husker commit. No worries, and this will blow over.

Shh...this topic is too entertaining to fade. Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerO
Guys, turns out he was doing the pro-Florida stuff because a close friend of his is either already committed or thinking of committing there. He's still a 100% Husker commit. No worries, and this will blow over.

Where did you hear that?

Matt Corrall the guy that got cut loose by USC is a longtime friend of Bookie's...now a QB commit to the Gators

Corrall is the one stirring all this Bookie to Florida stuff up. Pretty ironic because I think Bookie convinced him that they need to play together when Nebraska was recruiting him.

So if he says on twitter he is solid should we just ignore it?

So that means his close friend is tweeting all kinds of great things about Nebraska right? :rolleyes:

So that means his close friend is tweeting all kinds of great things about Nebraska right? :rolleyes:

Did you look at Corral's twitter when Bookie committed to Nebraska? I don't know if he did or not, but it wouldn't surprise me either way.

I know Corral was liking a lot of things Nebraska after he was cut loose or decommitted from USC. We were even on a short list for a visit, until Riley and Langsdorf said no thanks because of what went down with the Gretzky kid.

Did you look at Corral's twitter when Bookie committed to Nebraska? I don't know if he did or not, but it wouldn't surprise me either way.

I know Corral was liking a lot of things Nebraska after he was cut loose or decommitted from USC. We were even on a short list for a visit, until Riley and Langsdorf said no thanks because of what went down with the Gretzky kid.
I just checked his twitter account. I dont follow or have an account. He kept tweeting UF stuff after corrals commitment. Nebraska is MIA. And he has some cryptic tweets.
Go ahead and laugh at me for reading too much into an 18 year olds tweets, the same 18 year old who everyone says is so mature, and gonna come in like a senior not a freshman, and is such a leader and peer recruiting to NU. Well, if you believe all that and its true, then you have to look at those tweets and think there is some serious smoke.
As I said before, Im not predicting he will flip, but hes thinkin about it. Some here remind me of kevin bacons character in animal house. ALL IS WELL.

Reactions: c3ntral08
I just checked his twitter account. I dont follow or have an account. He kept tweeting UF stuff after corrals commitment. Nebraska is MIA. And he has some cryptic tweets.
Go ahead and laugh at me for reading too much into an 18 year olds tweets, the same 18 year old who everyone says is so mature, and gonna come in like a senior not a freshman, and is such a leader and peer recruiting to NU. Well, if you believe all that and its true, then you have to look at those tweets and think there is some serious smoke.
As I said before, Im not predicting he will flip, but hes thinkin about it. Some here remind me of kevin bacons character in animal house. ALL IS WELL.

Not sure why you are addressing my post. I was answering a post who discussed what Corral is doing now, when what he is doing now is irrelevant. Did he post good things about Nebraska when Bookie committed to Nebraska? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me. Then i said, I know he was tweeting some positive stuff about Nebraska when he thought he might be visiting here.

None of that addresses whether or not Bookie is considering a flip. But using the fact that Corral isn't currently posting anything pro Nebraska doesn't prove Bookie is flipping either.

So if he says on twitter he is solid should we just ignore it?
It matters more what he is saying in interviews. If the opposite was true from the current situation and he was insisting on twitter that he was solid, but saying in interviews that he was seriously considering flipping to Florida, then we would have something more to worry about. The whole reason why not everybody is freaking out over this is because he is saying something completely different in interviews that contradicts what he is doing on twitter.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT