ADVERTISEMENT

Bookie officially decommits

He was committed to Riley and this staff. Only reason he even considered Nebraska. No chance he was gunna land here when Riley’s favor turned this year.

It happens and I wish him nothing but success. We gotta work on ourselves first.

Reactions: HuskerO
He dominated one on one match ups before he got to IMG. He kills it in one on ones in camps and 7 on 7 where there is no DLine putting pressure on the QB. But whatever. Might have just wrote “we didn’t want him anyway”.

He also does quite a bit of holding and tugging in those camps against kids who are visibly less mature than he is. I'm not saying he doesn't have ball skills, he quite clearly does. I'm just saying he may have peaked early and as you know, it doesn't get easier at the next level. For what it's worth, I do still want him for reasons stated above. At the very minimum he would be a great nickel to have.

Not sure that's entirely true. Never wanted to say it while he was committed, but he is definitely a question mark at the next level. His numbers at IMG are insane because his DL is absolutely ridiculous and dominating. He can anticipate just about every throw because of the pressure.
He will be a great corner at the next level. Watched Bookie and Tutt closely at FNL. They're both gonna kick ass. Tutt ain't coming either. Really sucks!

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
He's honey badger part 2. There's some fools in this thread.

Wonderful...and he'll be doing it for another team the next four years because some guy is somehow in his first year building a team at Nebraska even though it's his third year.

Oh well. I'm sure there is some stud in North Dakota that we can replace him with. Kid sees the handwriting on the wall. I'm sure "someone" told him about what's going to happen in a month. Speaking of one month, that his how long it's been since MR's fate was sealed.

This is one place that the early signing period is going to hurt is when teams make coaching changes and the new coach has to scramble to fill a class. It takes a lot of players off the board. It's not that I am against a change, but this is just a consequence. I know some think Josh Moore is next, but he is unofficially visiting this weekend, from what I am told. So, hopefully that is a good sign. I wouldn't be shocked to lose about 5 or 6 recruits after all is said and done.

The kid is 5-7? That is a physical disadvantage.

Bookie has a ton of talent. Losing him hurts. But in order to move this program forward we will have to take some hits in recruiting this year. I really wanted MR to do well here. But 2 losing seasons in 3 years will not cut it at NU especially when there are multiple blowouts and a pathetic loss to NIU at home. Heres to better days ahead I hope.

Reactions: HuskerDana
This is one place that the early signing period is going to hurt is when teams make coaching changes and the new coach has to scramble to fill a class. It takes a lot of players off the board. It's not that I am against a change, but this is just a consequence. I know some think Josh Moore is next, but he is unofficially visiting this weekend, from what I am told. So, hopefully that is a good sign. I wouldn't be shocked to lose about 5 or 6 recruits after all is said and done.

He's gone, they're all gone with the exception of a couple.

Bookie has a ton of talent. Losing him hurts. But in order to move this program forward we will have to take some hits in recruiting this year. I really wanted MR to do well here. But 2 losing seasons in 3 years will not cut it at NU especially when there are multiple blowouts and a pathetic loss to NIU at home. Heres to better days ahead I hope.

So have you made your trip to Vegas there Nostradamus? 4 games left and you already know the outcomes. Sweet

Ummmm, to move the program forward he is the kind of guy you HAVE to get. The program sucks because they have no difference makers. The real young kids have a chance (if they stick around).

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Ummmm, to move the program forward he is the kind of guy you HAVE to get. The program sucks because they have no difference makers. The real young kids have a chance (if they stick around).
If the choice is Riley and Bookie or no Riley and no Bookie I think that's a pretty easy decision. Fat chance we are becoming a contender under Riley anytime soon regardless as to what kind of talent he's bringing in.

Deflect.... truth hurts. Wouldn't be surprised if NIU has more upper class men with a shot at the league than Nebraska.
And none of that has anything to do with coaching or development the last three years, right?
In fact, right out of high school it is already decided who is going pro and who isn't.
Correct?

It's cool, Bookie.

In case you're reading this, I'm really impressed by how heart filled your announcement is and I totally respect that. I know the circumstances are difficult.

Whether or not u come here, watching your highlights and such has made me a big fan of you, personally. You're going to be an exciting player to watch and are hella talented. Good luck man!

I think Bookie is a class act, but no one is ever truly committed when they still take visits to other schools. If they are going to do that then stay uncommitted. The kid has played for three different high schools in his career and I believe right now he is not sure what he wants to do, he has alot of teammates at IMG pulling him in different directions.

And none of that has anything to do with coaching or development the last three years, right?
In fact, right out of high school it is already decided who is going pro and who isn't.
Correct?

The current defensive coaches, that would work with Bookie, have been there for 8 months. Not sure how much development and how many draft picks you were expecting.

So have you made your trip to Vegas there Nostradamus? 4 games left and you already know the outcomes. Sweet
No nobody does. But what would you say is more likely? 1. A miracle turn around. 2. The same stuff we have been watching. Im not a betting man but if I was I would bet 3 out of 4 are losses. How about you?

No nobody does. But what would you say is more likely? 1. A miracle turn around. 2. The same stuff we have been watching. Im not a betting man but if I was I would bet 3 out of 4 are losses. How about you?

Don’t know. I am not the one who wrote that Riley can’t survive 2 losing seasons in 3 years as if it had already happened.

Agreed you have to have talent. But you also need to develop that talent and put it in a position to win. Not seeing much of that these days. Wisconsin has no players on Bookies raw talent level and they kicked our asses. They develop players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT