ADVERTISEMENT

Boltsball 2024

Wow a five spot in the ninth. I think I’m gonna take a break from this team.
Barring a miraculous late season run, this might break the team. You could just feel it the last month: something was just off. Brockett’s no hitter was a temporary distraction from major flaws. No closer, lack of timely hitting—end of game meltdowns against Rutgers/creighton, SDS—just no toughness whatsoever.

Reactions: tampa husker
Sound guy needs to start playing Benny Hill when Huskers have the lead heading to the 8th.
This many late inning meltdowns is not an anomaly. Bolt was tough as nails as a player. He has not been able to figure out how to teach it to his players. It’s crazy how little confidence this team has in the 8/9th innings. Even South Dakota state was tougher than them…

And a lot of in-state talent that needs to be top priority in Lincoln instead of kicking our ass in Creighton blue etc.
I agree with local talent just like FB & BB. I don’t think new AD makes a change this year but maybe after next if it doesn’t change.

Reactions: king_kong_
I don’t look too deep at a loss like this other than to say - just a brutally terrible coaching decision to use Perry. What more do you need to see coach? Bolt may have been a tough player, but he’s either dumb or stubborn when it comes to this guy. Probably stubborn, it seems to be a baseball coaching thing.

wonder if throwing all those arms on Wednesday affected our relievers. Worthley didn’t look sharp among others. What a terrible strategy on Wed and still got the loss.

Bolt needs to adopt the Constanza strategy …

fantasy-football.gif

I agree with local talent just like FB & BB. I don’t think new AD makes a change this year but maybe after next if it doesn’t change.
Jmo bolt took a chance with a lot of transfers and it’s not working, when the pitching is good the hitting isn’t and I’ll say this team has a lot of under 300 hitters which doesn’t work if your pitching struggles. At one point last night Nebraska had left on base 8 compared to Indiana 3 and we lead by 1 run

Barring a miraculous late season run, this might break the team. You could just feel it the last month: something was just off. Brockett’s no hitter was a temporary distraction from major flaws. No closer, lack of timely hitting—end of game meltdowns against Rutgers/creighton, SDS—just no toughness whatsoever.
The bull pen is the glaring weakness. I thought we fired the guy who was the problem with our pitching🤷? Maybe the pitching coach we thought was the solution isn’t? I’m no sure NU will ever be able to attract a deep enough pitching staff to win consistently

The bull pen is the glaring weakness. I thought we fired the guy who was the problem with our pitching🤷? Maybe the pitching coach we thought was the solution isn’t? I’m no sure NU will ever be able to attract a deep enough pitching staff to win consistently
I mean what Childress did with Sears is pretty remarkable. I think hitting is a bigger weakness than pitching. Indianas pitching was garbage and struggled to get runs across. We consistently suck with guys that have nearly double digit eras.

Hell I bet I could strike out quite a few huskers with my nasty 57mph fastball

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke2005
Losing in the ninth inning like that was inexcusable..
How many more times is Bolt going to realize that Perry isn’t a game closer..

Also fundamentally throwing back to 2nd base should have been an out instead of extra runs ..😩

I mean what Childress did with Sears is pretty remarkable. I think hitting is a bigger weakness than pitching. Indianas pitching was garbage and struggled to get runs across. We consistently suck with guys that have nearly double digit eras.

Hell I bet I could strike out quite a few huskers with my nasty 57mph fastball
I’m sure the hitting needs drastic improvement, but the lack of pitching depth would make it difficult for many teams to win games. Giving up as many runs as they do during the week tells me as much. You’re not going to be hitting great all season, your pitching and defense is what needs to be your backbone.

Huskers down 1-0, leadoff double followed by 3 strikeouts. Including their best hitter for average and a 3-1 count. Losing baseball. Hope I'm wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT