ADVERTISEMENT

Boltsball 2024

Disappointing 😩 to see that NU lost another game to Creighton as I’m spending some time in Pensacola and Destin Fla..

Reactions: king_kong_
This team desperately needs a closer. It’s cost them several games this season
Any suggestions? I'm biased, but I'd like to see Timmerman in that role. I know he's had some ups and downs but he's a fierce competitor. Earlier in the season they weren't letting him throw his slider, which actually is his best strikeout pitch. At this point I don't know why you wouldn't try something different, Perry ain't it.

Baseball coaches are NOTORIOUS for having "their guy" or ignoring statistics vs "their gut." For years and years the Royals front office was known for eschewing advanced metrics in favor of objective factors like being "gritty."
It drives me nuts.

Any suggestions? I'm biased, but I'd like to see Timmerman in that role. I know he's had some ups and downs but he's a fierce competitor. Earlier in the season they weren't letting him throw his slider, which actually is his best strikeout pitch. At this point I don't know why you wouldn't try something different, Perry ain't it.
I thought Daiss was a prototypical closer. Lately they're bringing him out, sometimes to pitch 2 innings, then going to Perry, it's bizarre. Then go back to last year when Bolt and Christy thought Sears should be a reliever when his numbers as a starter coming in were identical to what he's doing now, suggesting that's the role he was born to play 🤔

Reactions: BrighteRed24
I thought Daiss was a prototypical closer. Lately they're bringing him out, sometimes to pitch 2 innings, then going to Perry, it's bizarre.
I want to be completely honest and admit I've been so busy I haven't watched much lately. Is it a situation where they're using Daiss in the highest leverage situation as opposed to traditional closer role? That's a big thing in the majors the last couple years.

I want to be completely honest and admit I've been so busy I haven't watched much lately. Is it a situation where they're using Daiss in the highest leverage situation as opposed to traditional closer role? That's a big thing in the majors the last couple years.
That may be what they're thinking. Daiss came in with 2 on and no out in the 7th to replace Timmerman in this game. I forgot they did bring him in for the 9th inning against Rutgers but that was after they'd brought in Perry to try and close it out only to have him load the bases.

Huskers seem interested into hitting double play balls. Already hit into two through 2. 0-0 as we head to the third

Maryland strikes first with a solo shot homerun. Sears has been great outside of one pitch. Husker offense needs to pull their heads out their asses and do something runners in scoring position

So Maryland is challenging.. I say if you can’t challenge in every conference game then don’t challenge in any.

Rough start today. Plenty of game left, but Maryland has jumped out to a 5-0 lead and Terps still hitting in the 2nd.
This team must lead the country in strikeouts with runners in scoring position and less than two outs. Not a good trait for a team that doesn’t hit many HRs.

• Angry
Reactions: MargotDeeper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT