ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Stoops

Nov 28, 2016
I thought I remember seeing one member posting a Tweet here that Stoops said he would never come and coach at NU. But if we were to offer $6-$7 Million per year do you think he wouldn't listen? He's a winner and the dude is only 57. What say you?

if he wanted to coach, he'd still be coaching at Oklahoma.

Edited it for you. No one leaves one of the premier jobs in college football, where they have full support of the administration and fans, and have well established recruiting links to high schools in-state and Texas, to take on a full-blown rebuilding job somewhere else. Nebraska couldn't offer any amount of money that OU wasn't willing to pay, or that other programs wouldn't also be willing to pay.

Edited it for you. No one leaves one of the premier jobs in college football, where they have full support of the administration and fans, and have well established recruiting links to high schools in-state and Texas, to take on a full-blown rebuilding job somewhere else. Nebraska couldn't offer any amount of money that OU wasn't willing to pay, or that other programs wouldn't also be willing to pay.

He didnt always have full support of the fans... they are like iowa. Except they actually won..Thats the only reason lincoln riley was even hired because bringing him in is pretty much what kept him from leaving..in fact many questioned the hire to begin with when he got there and most of the fans of big game bob wanted him to be shown the door several times in his carrer there.

Reactions: newAD
I think the only way he ever coaches again is if he could walk right into a great situation where he's already set up for success and doesn't have to rebuild at all. Something like Urban Meyer to Ohio State-and those situations don't come around very often.

Please-just-stop-Stop-Meme.jpg

He didnt always have full support of the fans... they are like iowa. Except they actually won..Thats the only reason lincoln riley was even hired because bringing him in is pretty much what kept him from leaving..in fact many questioned the hire to begin with when he got there and most of the fans of big game bob wanted him to be shown the door several times in his carrer there.

He benefited from having just an incredible group of assistants early in his career at Oklahoma.

Which fans would those be?

This has got to be one of the stupidest statements I have seen in a long time... A LONG TIME!
My thought when I read that was-if you're going to be that ridiculous, why stop at Bob Stoops? Why don't we go all the way and make it Nick Saban?

Reactions: StrongArm517
If we have an AD that picks up the phone and dials Stoops number even if it is to get rejected, that would be one hell of an improvement on the administrative side of things.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
saban went to the nfl. meyer wanted a reset for obv reasons. no such reasons for bob.

I take it that Bob gave you the real reason for his departure from OU?

The point is that both of them left secure jobs only to return to a different school within a couple years. Who’s to say that Stoops won’t be back on the sidelines in a year or two?

I thought I remember seeing one member posting a Tweet here that Stoops said he would never come and coach at NU. But if we were to offer $6-$7 Million per year do you think he wouldn't listen? He's a winner and the dude is only 57. What say you?

He's waiting for the Norte dame job, but since Norte dame is undefeated his wait may be a little longer than expected.

Exit your doomsday bunker and try again.

Try what again? If the major boosters decide Riley is gone (and make no mistake that is who is making the decision) sure I hope Rimington contacts his agent, but I'm not holding my breath he has any interest. He sure as hell ain't calling us directly.

There's a difference between a doomsday bunker and just having some common sense. The guy is in his late 50s & walked away from a National Championship contender with a Heisman candidate QB making plenty of $$. IIRC he was in a booth at the OSU cheering his ass off. He walked away from coaching for a reason, and sorry I'm not delusional enough to think he'd return to come here. Besides, he doesn't appear to be in the conversation.

Try what again? If the major boosters decide Riley is gone (and make no mistake that is who is making the decision) sure I hope Rimington contacts his agent, but I'm not holding my breath he has any interest. He sure as hell ain't calling us directly.

There's a difference between a doomsday bunker and just having some common sense. The guy is in his late 50s & walked away from a National Championship contender with a Heisman candidate QB making plenty of $$. IIRC he was in a booth at the OSU cheering his ass off. He walked away from coaching for a reason, and sorry I'm not delusional enough to think he'd return to come here. Besides, he doesn't appear to be in the conversation.

Dear lord. Bob Stoops isn't coming.

Which fans would those be?

This has got to be one of the stupidest statements I have seen in a long time... A LONG TIME!
I believe he is as well as many other so called fans are the ones Bo was referring to in his rant afyer the ohio state game lol

Reactions: timnsun
Stoops said a big part of his retirement was health related. I think hes done. I live in oklahoma and when he retired everyone here was sure he was done. Is it guaranteed that hes done coaching? No. But I think its unlikely and if he did come back I highly doubt he would go to another fish bowl type of program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT