ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Stoops is on the clock...

retiring on stacks of cash
+ not having to can his brother
=no brainer.

Bo and Bob had a gentleman's agreement not to coach each other's team. Or was that a recruiting thing? I can't remember.

Stoopsy ain't commin here, not even to pass thru on his way to the mountains.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Bo and Bob had a gentleman's agreement not to coach each other's team. Or was that a recruiting thing? I can't remember.

Stoopsy ain't commin here, not even to pass thru on his way to the mountains.

He might come to Omaha if OU makes the CWS, but that's probably as far as it'd go.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think he was worn out there and I also think the Mixon tape actually surfacing made it an easier decision for him.

I don't think the Mixon tape hurt him, maybe even helped. He had already suspended the kid for this so it appeared that he handled it even when it came out later.

He must have wanted out given the team he had coming back. He doesn't need the game anymore as much as the game needed him or some people on here want him.

Don't have any confirmed info. This is mostly just a hunch. However, I do not see this happening, but who knows? I really doubt Frost comes here. I think they are putting all of their marbles on Chip Kelly at this time.

I don't think the Mixon tape hurt him, maybe even helped. He had already suspended the kid for this so it appeared that he handled it even when it came out later.

He must have wanted out given the team he had coming back. He doesn't need the game anymore as much as the game needed him or some people on here want him.
When I said easier decision that's what I meant for him to walk away. He won't be the next coach here I am almost sure of it. Think he rides off into the sunset

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT