ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Bloods

Ok. So is Minnesota still a blue blood? (Or yale etc?) Again, I dont care either way. I have never claimed Nebraska to be or not to be a blue blood. If it's a status that once achieved is always achieved, that list is much less impressive to be on, if you can fall off of it, how long does it take to do so?

For you by the time your DEAD.Winking

#1 Yes. Yale & Harvard At one point these were clearly THE blue-bloods of college football perhaps the only ones. Now, not so much. Both are still on the top10 all time wins.

#2 Yes.

#3 Probably top 10 winning programs all time currently Div1A.

Go Blue!

So what is the time Frame to be considered or not considered a blue blood? 25 year span, 50 years span, 100 year span? I would say that 75-100 year range. Basically if there is nobody left alive that remember when you were good, you are no longer a Blue Blood.
To be considered a Blue Blood it gets a bit more hazy. I would say you can't be considered a blue blood unless your program as been D 1 for at least 50 years.

So what is the time Frame to be considered or not considered a blue blood? 25 year span, 50 years span, 100 year span? I would say that 75-100 year range. Basically if there is nobody left alive that remember when you were good, you are no longer a Blue Blood.
To be considered a Blue Blood it gets a bit more hazy. I would say you can't be considered a blue blood unless your program as been D 1 for at least 50 years.

I'd agree with you on the time frame of 75-100 years.

I also agree that Blue Blood is at best a nebulous term, but in my mind indicates long term and consistent excellence on the gridiron.

The Florida schools do not meet that criteria despite their recent(?) 30-40 year history of being very good.

Army dominated the first half of the previous century, had they been as good since, then I would consider them a Blue Blood.

Though it would be unpopular I would almost put Harvard and Yale on that list simply because they play as excellent football today as they have for 150 years and that at the very least deserves consideration.

Go Blue!

You are so cool. I wish I could be smart ass punk like you. How does it feel to be a completely worthless pos? You're so stupid you're actually proud of it. Even iowa fans hate you don't they? It's ok, losers like you can't help it.
Dude, you need to step away from the ledge.

Take a look at the top 10 in wins and then look at the number of AP/UPI/Coaches poll or CFP NCs awarded.

IMO the top 8 meet the standard. 9-10 have an argument. Therefore, Minnesota and Army are not in the conversation.

BTW, if your school doesn’t show up in the top 10 and your school has zero AP/UPI/coaches or CFP NCs your opinion isn’t needed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT