ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Self….

The excuses du jour emanating from the CRapids micropolitan area:
  • Caitlin was sick, apparently.
  • The illness didn't manifest itself until she had already scored 31 points.
  • Oh, and Nebraska's players are dirty.

And playing sound effects after free throws. Apparently that is not Big Ten Protocol.

• Oh, and Nebraska's players are dirty
Michael Jordan had The Flu Game and now Caitlin Clark has hers too!

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
  • Oh, and Nebraska's players are dirty.
That video of Alexis Markowski pausing during the press conference because Bluder is screaming and pissing her pants in the back of the room is absolutely priceless. 20-year-old kids keeping their composure as they get more national media attention than they've ever attracted in their careers, while that insufferable hag is absolutely losing her mind.

Just went and watched video of the ejection. It was interesting to hear the color analyst's comments on the play that pissed Self off. Basically the two big guys were fighting for position in the post, the defender physically fronting Dickinson, KU guy pushes back and gets called for the foul. The color guy says "there's too much contact in the Big 12 and the defender should have been called for the foul first."

Watching B1G games all year I don't know if there would have been any foul called on that play. I think that's a pretty good demonstration of how the EXPECTATION for officiating contact in the B1G is different. I wish the B1G were officiated more like the Big 12, would help our teams in March and IMHO make for a better product to watch in the regular season.

self was down 16 at that point and didn't want to be around to see 30. his $2 million dutchman isn't paying his way.

Not a Self defender but he is one of the best.

As much as I read on here Nebraska not getting the calls, I can only imagine the outrage if that was a Nebraska player in the same position.

Reactions: regoratsginrom
I’ve never disliked Self, but I STILL do not understand how he and many other coaches got outed about all the money changing hands and almost nothing came of it. They gave SMU the death penalty for less.
North Carolina had fake classes and got nothing. They were apparently smart enough to make the fake classes available to ALL students and not just athletes so the NCAA did nothing.

I’ve never disliked Self, but I STILL do not understand how he and many other coaches got outed about all the money changing hands and almost nothing came of it. They gave SMU the death penalty for less.
Someone explain that to me. Caught red handed and what did Kansas and Creighton receive as a result.

I love Self and I am an Illini fan. But Self is a good dude and I don't blame him for leaving Illinois, even though he clearly could have turned the Illini into a power.

Because of connections and money.

Bill can’t believe calls actually went AGAINST him since it had never happened before.

Hello, good friend...and, yes...exactly....
I never used to be against KU hoops, but the general fan base attitude and the above the law mindset has soured me....

I think one thing you have to remember is that the NCAA doesn't want to punish and hurt the product.

I think one thing you have to remember is that the NCAA doesn't want to punish and hurt the product.
absolutely. and ku had the kahunas to say: screw you we'll see you in court. the ncaa didn't want to go there. they were rudderless at the time.

self is one of the all-time cheaters in the game. he's legendary for it. but he also has that "aw shucks" personality that makes him as lovable as the street corner bookie.

absolutely. and ku had the kahunas to say: screw you we'll see you in court. the ncaa didn't want to go there. they were rudderless at the time.

self is one of the all-time cheaters in the game. he's legendary for it. but he also has that "aw shucks" personality that makes him as lovable as the street corner bookie
I hear a bit of your Cat bias in there....:)

Reactions: king_kong_

self is one of the all-time cheaters in the game. he's legendary for it. but he also has that "aw shucks" personality that makes him as lovable as the street corner bookie.
Michael Beasley says HELLO!

I am insanely jealous of the programs that bought lotto picks

As the only program in P5 that hasn’t won a tourney game, I’d happily vacate a few

I do give fred credit for his unique courtship of McGowans and Wilcher (the 5* younger brother who is a big reason CJ is on the team). He takes big swings and maybe now that we can pay above the table we can get lucky with a superstar hoopster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT