ADVERTISEMENT

Bill O’Brien

You know I'm not going to judge a person in this capacity over a few opinions. Any more than I'm going to judge Matt because of something negative being said about him by ESPN/Finnenbaugh. The bottom line is I want the coach to win. If he can be a nice guy and well-liked by most of the media that is a plus. We still have to start winning and Bill Obrien needs to show he can win at Boston College. I think we will have a better idea who the better hire will be after a few more years. Way to early to judge so far.

Reactions: huskers360

He’ll let a random fan get into his head. Pathetic.

a5ac0da5-437f-4aa4-90a2-15abd9c73b47_text.gif

Reactions: V-Doub
What? What was great about his resume? He had the goat in NE. He was average at best at pedo state and sucked in Houston

Not trying to convince anyone he's Saban or Reid, and I didn't want him....but I think people just look at the very end of his tenure at Houston and apply that to his whole career. Sans the last year point five(ish) at Houston he had some success there...certainly more than Matt...He also coached at PSU when they were knee deep in sanctions and scholly limits and did well enough that several NFL teams wanted him...kind of like Rhule. I wonder if their reaumes are really that far apart?

Again...didn't want him, but he has a good resume

Not trying to convince anyone he's Saban or Reid, and I didn't want him....but I think people just look at the very end of his tenure at Houston and apply that to his whole career. Sans the last year point five(ish) at Houston he had some success there...certainly more than Matt...He also coached at PSU when they were knee deep in sanctions and scholly limits and did well enough that several NFL teams wanted him...kind of like Rhule. I wonder if their reaumes are really that far apart?

Again...didn't want him, but he has a good resume
His resume sucked more balls than scope at a truck stop.

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
I wonder if their reaumes are really that far apart?
They’re kind of far apart

O’Brien:
Overall15–9 (college)
52–48 (NFL)

Rhule:
Overall52–50 (college)
11–27 (NFL)

Plus the guy who won more was also the GM

I’m surprised people are surprised BOB is an asshole? Thought that was widely known and accepted.

They’re kind of far apart

O’Brien:
Overall15–9 (college)
52–48 (NFL)

Rhule:
Overall52–50 (college)
11–27 (NFL)

Plus the guy who won more was also the GM

I’m surprised people are surprised BOB is an asshole? Thought that was widely known and accepted.

Looks like he has a much better record in his first 2 years of college, way better win percentage, and he had way more success in the NFL, so maybe their resumes are pretty far apart.

Reactions: king_kong_
Looks like he has a much better record in his first 2 years of college, way better win percentage, and he had way more success in the NFL, so maybe their resumes are pretty far apart.
This is a direct personal attack on Matt Rhule and all things Nebraska

Looks like we have another CU super fan here, @headcard !

Never had a ranked team in college.. he’s a poor man’s Pelini at best
He coached 2 seasons.

I would hate to see Rhule’s record sans Year Three.

BOB may, in fact, be a rich man’s Pelini. He seems to win and he’s still employable.

I’m glad he’s not our coach, however. I don’t think he’d go over well with the lapdog, rub-my-belly, nice-guys-finish-first media here.

He coached 2 seasons.

BOB may, in fact, be a rich man’s Pelini. He seems to win and he’s still employable.

I’m glad he’s not our coach, however. I don’t think he’d go over well with the lapdog, rub-my-belly, nice-guys-finish-first media here.
Haha the emotional little girl is coming out early. Lmao so emotional

Reactions: headcard
What? What was great about his resume? He had the goat in NE. He was average at best at pedo state and sucked in Houston
Oh my god, I LOVED how he treated his time at PSU like a video game!

Dude totally new he was not staying there, so he went for it on 4th down ALL THE TIME. It was like playing your college friends in EA Sports and that one friend that just never punted.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
He coached 2 seasons.

Rich man Pelini constantly lost to Pelini? Makes solid sense for an ape brain I suppose.

Since Bob was declining each collegiate year I’d say year three would have been bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
I loved Bo and it is crazy to think that 2, maybe 3 more wins...and not only is he still the coach but he is coming up on 150ish wins and we are all getting ready for a 10 win season.

Rich man Pelini constantly lost to Pelini? Makes solid sense for an ape brain I suppose.

Since Bob was declining each collegiate year I’d say year three would have been bad.
Dabo is 0-1 lifetime against pelini

🤷‍♂️

BOB made 4 playoff runs in the NFL and still garners a handsome payday

Bo is out to pasture

I don’t think the head to head argument fairs well for you here. You’re welcome for not pursuing it.

Dabo is 0-1 lifetime against pelini

🤷‍♂️

BOB made 4 playoff runs in the NFL and still garners a handsome payday

Bo is out to pasture

I don’t think the head to head argument fairs well for you here. You’re welcome for not pursuing it.
So are you sad we fired Callahan? Made a Super Bowl run.. still employed. These are things you value in a coach so you must cry every night since cally was canned.

I understand as a bears fan thinking making the playoffs is some super sweet accomplishment.. but it’s pretty ho-hum for most programs

I guess all I care about is winning something in college football. Don’t give a faq about nfl.

Bob is a bum. So glad that goober isn’t our coach, but you enjoy cheering on Boston college this year though

• Haha
I guess all I care about is winning something in college football. Don’t give a faq about nfl.
maybe we'll join the AAC one day?

I'm also glad BOB isn't our coach for reasons already stated.

a-holes, regardless of W-L record, don't do well here. unless they're a native son which earns unlimited good will.

Jeeez sounds like an asshole. He was definitely a favorite among a lot of message board posters during the search, I'm sure glad with who we got instead.
That's an example of knowing a name and thinking that he would be good. Obviously, that guy would be a horrible fit at NU.

He coached 2 seasons.

The podcast was speaking toward O'Brien's tenure at Houston which was off the charts bad. The guy traded Hopkins in his prime for a washed RB and overpaid (David Johnson). O'Brien never should have been a head coach, but giving the guy administrative control as well was just foolishness.

The podcast was speaking toward O'Brien's tenure at Houston which was off the charts bad. The guy traded Hopkins in his prime for a washed RB and overpaid (David Johnson). O'Brien never should have been a head coach, but giving the guy administrative control as well was just foolishness.

D Hop trade was an all time terrible move.

The problem with BOB is not that he's a dick.

Nick Saban is a dick.

The problem is that he's a dick in a poor, negative way and does not deserve to be. He hasn't earned it. Players hate him. Very overrated and so glad we didn't hire him. Whether we should have hired Rhule is still to be decided.

I think we would have been lucky to land him personally. No idea if he was truly interested or not...no idea if it would have worked out or not...but his resume was befitting of a better job IMO.
I think is a decent coach I just don’t know how committed he will be to a college job. Dont get be wrong he will work his ass off to do the best he can at BC. I just thinks he perfers the NFL. And will
Jump if offered the right job .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT