ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest NU recruit who flopped?

I will answer with a question. Who was that RB transfer that I think Riley brought in to be an all world RB. He played a lot in a couple games for no apparent reason (because he sucked), and then quit the team. Who was that guy?

I will answer with a question. Who was that RB transfer that I think Riley brought in to be an all world RB. He played a lot in a couple games for no apparent reason (because he sucked), and then quit the team. Who was that guy?
Tre Bryant or Kendall Bussey

I don't know how many were due to injury. Maybe not the "biggest" and also not trying to repeat some of the obvious, but some notables:

1. Jason Richenberger
2. Charles Jackson
3. Todd Peat
4. Noa Pola-Gates
5. Adam Taylor
6. Omar Manning
7. Justin Stephens
8. Constantine Dumitrisceau
9. Brian Knuckles
10. Keyshawn's kid

Dishonorable mention:
Brion Carnes
Marvin Sims
Larry Townsend
Maniaia Brown

Last edited:
Reactions: pascal
Jordan Stevenson (Wisconsin).

I'll go by coach
Solich - Chris Septak
Callahan - Chris Brooks or Harrison Beck
Bo Pelini - Cody Green
Mike Riley - Jordan Stevenson
Scott Frost - Greg Bell

I saw Knuckles, I like that one.

Luke McCaffery
DaiShon Neal
Garrett Snodgrass
David Horne
Jay and Jon Spearman

Well that would be way up there...

Curt Dukes
Craig Roark
Lydon Murtha

Those names stick out to me
Lydon Murtha. That guy was a physical specimen. I watched him get absolutely knocked the **** out in college and then ran and tattled after him and another FB player got worked over after running their mouth and trying to start shit. Street justice baby.

In the 80s the Huskers recruited a guy out of Colorado named Dan Casterline who was just a physical freak. I think he broke all kinds of strength and conditioning records and was by all accounts one of the hardest working guys on the team. But he moved around from safety to LB to FB and never found a position. Don't think he every played any meaningful snaps.

I always wonder were theses kids over rated by the recruiting analysts and were never that good to begin with? We need to remember the sports media has partial blame because they hype these kids up before they ever play a down of college football

I always wonder were theses kids over rated by the recruiting analysts and were never that good to begin with? We need to remember the sports media has partial blame because they hype these kids up before they ever play a down of college football

I'm thinking a lot of these kids peak in high school 2 or 3 years before they kids they're playing with reach their peak and I imagine that has to be one of the hardest jobs as a coach to evaluate whether or not that has happened

Reactions: Baxter48
Thank god we have the 2 best analysts in the world on our board now.

The National_analyst and Worldwide_analyst are second to none.

Reactions: tjlSker90
I don't know how many were due to injury. Maybe not the "biggest" and also not trying to repeat some of the obvious, but some notables:

1. Jason Richenberger
2. Charles Jackson
3. Todd Peat
4. Noa Pola-Gates
5. Adam Taylor
6. Omar Manning
7. Justin Stephens
8. Constantine Dumitrisceau
9. Brian Knuckles
10. Keyshawn's kid

Dishonorable mention:
Brion Carnes
Marvin Sims
Larry Townsend
Maniaia Brown
I thought Manaus Brown left cuz one of the coaches banged his old lady😂😂. I remember that floating around this Board. We lost him then Ngata went elsewhere.

Cody Green and Beck for bust. Biggest disappointments were Aaron Green and Joe Dailey. Green had success elsewhere but hopes were still very high that he was next great Husker TB. Not a system fit for Joe but it was still a very disappointing time when he was at the helm.

I thought Manaus Brown left cuz one of the coaches banged his old lady😂😂. I remember that floating around this Board. We lost him then Ngata went elsewhere.
Carl??
Cody Green and Beck for bust. Biggest disappointments were Aaron Green and Joe Dailey. Green had success elsewhere but hopes were still very high that he was next great Husker TB. Not a system fit for Joe but it was still a very disappointing time when he was at the helm.
Green was no doubt a highly ranked recruit, but he left because he couldn't beat out Ameer Abdullah who became our 2nd all time leading rusher. Hard to be too disappointed in the big picture outcome there.

Reactions: cubsker and jteten
Does this count? He’s a pretty big boy and he definitely flopped…

1na2.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT