ADVERTISEMENT

Big XII

Well, Colorado does have the Boulder market. I don’t think anyone in Denver watches them anymore. I seriously would bust out laughing if Colorado got shunned. But I think the big 12 is too desperate.

The Big 12 is obviously in rebuild mode but they also must think about tv/markets as well. Boise State definitely has name recognition but Colorado can probably draw in part of the Denver market.

They might be wise to take both.

Reactions: BleedRed78
The Big 12 is obviously in rebuild mode but they also must think about tv/markets as well. Boise State definitely has name recognition but Colorado can probably draw in part of the Denver market.

True, but other than TV markets, Colorado doesn't bring much to the table. Their football program is a dumpster fire.

Reactions: bennalee
If we end up with just 2 super conferences for football I wonder if there would be value for some of the schools on the outside to explore entry into the Big East with the understanding that there would be a group of schools that would have football ( the big east+)You would at least be in a major basketball conference

iowa st - Kansas - KSU - Syracuse - Pitt - BC - Louisville - Cincinnati- Wake - GT

What would be really interesting is getting a number of these marginal schools (Iowa state for instance) into a big ten lite conference

8-12 teams in the lesser division getting lesser payouts but with the opportunity to move up based on play

have relegation like soccer

What would be really interesting is getting a number of these marginal schools (Iowa state for instance) into a big ten lite conference

8-12 teams in the lesser division getting lesser payouts but with the opportunity to move up based on play

have relegation like soccer

Be prepared to put Nebraska football in that lesser division at this point.

4 pods with 4 teams per pod.

west pod
1. UCLA
2. USC
3. Nebraska
4. Minnesota

Midwest pod
1. Iowa
2. Illinois
3. Purdue
4. Indiana

Great Lakes Pod
1. Wisconsin
2. NW
3. Michigan
4. Michigan St

East Pod
1. tOSU
2. Penn St
3. Maryland
4. Rutgers

9 conference games total

3 games - inter pod games
3 games - everyone plays a sister school every year in the 3 other pods. (Example: Nebraska plays Iowa every year)
3 games- roatated between the other 3 schools in the 3 pods.

End of the year there’s a final 4 for championship

• Wow
Reactions: cidsports
4 pods with 4 teams per pod.

west pod
1. UCLA
2. USC
3. Nebraska
4. Minnesota

Midwest pod
1. Iowa
2. Illinois
3. Purdue
4. Indiana

Great Lakes Pod
1. Wisconsin
2. NW
3. Michigan
4. Michigan St

East Pod
1. tOSU
2. Penn St
3. Maryland
4. Rutgers

9 conference games total

3 games - inter pod games
3 games - everyone plays a sister school every year in the 3 other pods. (Example: Nebraska plays Iowa every year)
3 games- roatated between the other 3 schools in the 3 pods.

End of the year there’s a final 4 for championship
Your Midwest pod looks pretty weak, lol.

West pod
1. UCLA
2. USC
3. Oregon
4. Washington
5. Stanford
6. Cal

Midwest pod
1. Nebraska
2. cu or ku
3. houston
4. wisconson
5. minn
6. Iowa

Mideast Pod
1. NW
2. Michigan
3. Michigan St
4. Illinois
5. clemson or gt (or nd)
6. Indiana

East Pod
1. OSU
2. Penn St
3. Maryland
4. Rutgers
5. purdue
6. miami

the houston, miami and clemson/gt...give each pod a footprint in decent recruiting grounds

I like fsu but I'm not sure gainsville has the recruiting miami does

Last edited:

FOX - ESPN will dictate this. If they put up the dollars, Colorado will be offered, as will Arizona and Arizona st. The question is, does the Big 12 need both Arizona schools and Utah when they already have BYU? Again, if the media folks say yes, then the answer is...yes. If Oregon and Washington stay, so will the four proposed schools. Everyone is waiting on ND.

If we end up with just 2 super conferences for football I wonder if there would be value for some of the schools on the outside to explore entry into the Big East with the understanding that there would be a group of schools that would have football ( the big east+)You would at least be in a major basketball conference

iowa st - Kansas - KSU - Syracuse - Pitt - BC - Louisville - Cincinnati- Wake - GT
Big East used to have a good football league and a big, deep basketball league with the Catholic U’s.

FOX - ESPN will dictate this. If they put up the dollars, Colorado will be offered, as will Arizona and Arizona st. The question is, does the Big 12 need both Arizona schools and Utah when they already have BYU? Again, if the media folks say yes, then the answer is...yes. If Oregon and Washington stay, so will the four proposed schools. Everyone is waiting on ND.

I agree…I am well aware that this is a battle between…

ESPN- SEC
FOX- Big 10

Reactions: baseball31ne
I agree…I am well aware that this is a battle between…

ESPN- SEC
FOX- Big 10
The big ten’s media deal is due to be renegotiated in 2023. There has to be a great deal of pressure to get notre dame on board prior to this deal being negotiated to maximize the big tens bargaining position. Same for other schools they think will add value.

The big ten’s media deal is due to be renegotiated in 2023. There has to be a great deal of pressure to get notre dame on board prior to this deal being negotiated to maximize the big tens bargaining position. Same for other schools they think will add value.

The media deal is being negotiated right now and was recently paused.

The media deal is being negotiated right now and was recently paused.
True. Thank you. The current deal ends in 2023 surely there have been negotiations with some agreements - the big ten needs to maximize its bargaining position before a final agreement is reached.

Reactions: TFrazier
While the pressure seems to be to get ND to join the Big Ten, the pressure is also on ND to s___ or get off the pot. The ACC falls apart if Duke and NC go Big Ten and Clemson/Miami/Florida State go SEC.

West pod
1. UCLA
2. USC
3. Oregon
4. Washington
5. Stanford
6. Cal

Midwest pod
1. Nebraska
2. cu or ku
3. houston
4. wisconson
5. minn
6. Iowa

Mideast Pod
1. NW
2. Michigan
3. Michigan St
4. Illinois
5. clemson or gt (or nd)
6. Indiana

East Pod
1. OSU
2. Penn St
3. Maryland
4. Rutgers
5. purdue
6. miami

the houston, miami and clemson/gt...give each pod a footprint in decent recruiting grounds

I like fsu but I'm not sure gainsville has the recruiting miami does
FSU isn’t in Gainesville. It’s Tallahassee….so the whole panhandle, north FL and the States bordering the north side of the panhandle.

Reactions: redwine65
One would think the ball is in ND's court. There have been reports they are making demands, never know if they are true or not. I don't want another Texas in the league Nebraska is in. Once ND decides, the dominos could fall all over. Doesn't it seem likely that other potential leagues are courting ND right now? What do they have to offer? This is a lot like the old musical chairs, you better have a seat when the music suddenly stops.

Last edited:
One would think the ball is in ND's court. There have been reports they are making demands, never know if they are true or not. I don't want another Texas in the league Nebraska is in. Once ND decides, the dominos could fall all over. Doesn't it seem likely that other potential leagues are courting ND right now? What do they have to offer? This is a lot like the old cake walk, you better have a seat when the music suddenly stops.
Yes , if these Conferences keep Expanding , ND if going to have a difficult time getting quality opponents on the Schedule, Even with a expanded playoff , they could be on the outside looking in.With the new media rights contracts the conference’s are coming up with , ND can’t hold that as a trump card anymore, Nebraska makes just as much or even more now. They might have to concede and join.

Yes , if these Conferences keep Expanding , ND if going to have a difficult time getting quality opponents on the Schedule, Even with a expanded playoff , they could be on the outside looking in.With the new media rights contracts the conference’s are coming up with , ND can’t hold that as a trump card anymore, Nebraska makes just as much or even more now. They might have to concede and join.
I wonder if the opponent matters that much for most ND fans. They would still get 2-3 "big names" each season and the rest of their schedule would be lame, like it is now.

I think for a lot of ND fans the game is like Murder, She Wrote...it is just something that those fans have on in the background.

One would think the ball is in ND's court. There have been reports they are making demands, never know if they are true or not. I don't want another Texas in the league Nebraska is in. Once ND decides, the dominos could fall all over. Doesn't it seem likely that other potential leagues are courting ND right now? What do they have to offer? This is a lot like the old cake walk, you better have a seat when the music suddenly stops.
At the risk of getting technical and all that, I think you mean Musical Chairs. A Cakewalk is an African American minstrel show dance. It is also a carnival ride. At the end of the Grease movie Sandy climbs the stairs to the cakewalk ride while Danny checks out her lower torso.

I wonder if the opponent matters that much for most ND fans. They would still get 2-3 "big names" each season and the rest of their schedule would be lame, like it is now.

I think for a lot of ND fans the game is like Murder, She Wrote...it is just something that those fans have on in the background.
If the two major conferences involved switch to exclusive conference scheduling at some point, then this will no longer be the case for ND. Not a ton of people care about ND vs Navy, but they are as hell care about ND vs USC, Stanford, and various traditional B1G schools.

This is def a sh*t or get off the pot moment for them. The question is, will they sh*t themselves again in this never ending debate?

I hope that if they get in, they're not our new Texass. We make it hard enough on ourselves by beating ourselves...

If the two major conferences involved switch to exclusive conference scheduling at some point, then this will no longer be the case for ND. Not a ton of people care about ND vs Navy, but they are as hell care about ND vs USC, Stanford, and various traditional B1G schools.

This is def a sh*t or get off the pot moment for them. The question is, will they sh*t themselves again in this never ending debate?

I hope that if they get in, they're not our new Texass. We make it hard enough on ourselves by beating ourselves...
I can't imagine that they would be like UT, especially with Michigan and OSU in the conference.

At the risk of getting technical and all that, I think you mean Musical Chairs. A Cakewalk is an African American minstrel show dance. It is also a carnival ride. At the end of the Grease movie Sandy climbs the stairs to the cakewalk ride while Danny checks out her lower torso.
I stand corrected. Where I grew up in SW NE they did the musical chairs all the time and a cake was the prize. I learned something on this site!

I stand corrected. Where I grew up in SW NE they did the musical chairs all the time and a cake was the prize. I learned something on this site!
We played it all the time when I was a kid for various prizes. When we played it in school the real prize was when the music stopped, Kathy (the prettiest girl in school) and I dashed for the same seat and she ended up sitting on my lap.

Reactions: saluno22
If that happens, that leaves a conference of Oregon State (love Beavers), Washington State, Cal and Stanford. Have fun scheduling yourselves home and home every year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT