ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten TV deal looks like it might be FOX CBS AND NBC

If NBC is in the works, especially for Prime Time, that really makes things interesting with ND…
Pure speculation on my part but NBC probably sees the handwriting on the Wall for the future. We might see a push coming from NBC when their ND contract expires, I think that's maybe in 2025 or so. If so that would be somewhat similar to ESPN pushing the Longhorns into the SEC.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
It's noteworthy (but zero surprise) that Fox wants the 12:00 slot for itself. They consider that slot to be the best lucrative money maker contrary to what fans might think.

Yes they are
CBS still would do regional coverage too two parts of the country… Really don’t see the SEC giving up their biggest window on prime TV on CBS unless some other network is in the works of negotiating with the SEC..

CBS still would do regional coverage too two parts of the country… Really don’t see the SEC giving up their biggest window on prime TV on CBS unless some other network is in the works of negotiating with the SEC..
Well it looks like ESPN wants the sec to be exclusive to them and it looks like CBS is gonna pay the B1G a shit ton of money

cbs already let sec go. Sec was already leaving because espn bought up all the rights .so cbs let sec out of deal early so they could go after b10. When espn/abc were biding for sec cbs did not even make offer. the sec will be on cbs till the end of 2023 season.

it appears after all this each b10 team will make 125 mil a year
sec teams will make 80
**for one season until the SEC deal is done

just please NBC do not stick drew brees in the booth for the prime time peacock game

I for one am not buying a Peacock stream to watch games .

Big is wrong when they think you can’t have too many tv partners. It will become to difficult to carry all the necessary channels to get each and every game , let alone trying to figure out what channel the game will be on in your area.

I for one am not buying a Peacock stream to watch games .

Big is wrong when they think you can’t have too many tv partners. It will become to difficult to carry all the necessary channels to get each and every game , let alone trying to figure out what channel the game will be on in your area.
This is the new "Hey, how do you program the VCR?" line.

it appears after all this each b10 team will make 125 mil a year
sec teams will make 80
And the financial media share gap will really be big between the B1G and the ACC, Big 12 and PAC. Not a huge surprise whatsoever that USC/UCLA want to join the B!G although Newsom wants to give UCLA grief for political reasons.

We'll see how much "better" Notre Dame can do for themselves as an independent when their contract comes up. Cough, cough.

Again some Husker fans can complain about not being in the Big 12 any more all they want but the majority of fans should thank their lucky stars we are where we are. Just imagine all of the bitching and moaning if we were in the Big 12, abandoned by Oklahoma and Texas and about to get a midget-sized revenue share in the future.

Last edited:
This is the new "Hey, how do you program the VCR?" line.
Yeah right, try programming record for channels Hulu doesn’t carry or for titles that it can’t find.

I have Formula 1 set to record , it is on Fox and what ever the hell channel ESPN wants to run it on. Hulu only records the race sons of the time when ESPN Carrie’s it,

football will be the same

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Yeah right, try programming record for channels Hulu doesn’t carry or for titles that it can’t find.

I have Formula 1 set to record , it is on Fox and what ever the hell channel ESPN wants to run it on. Hulu only records the race sons of the time when ESPN Carrie’s it,

football will be the same
I believe it!

I have never even tried to record on anything but my DVR.

And Hulu doesn't even have station #'s does it?

I believe it!

I have never even tried to record on anything but my DVR.

And Hulu doesn't even have station #'s does it?
No, you have to record by Title, for example if you select the subject under sports as Nebraska or Formula 1 , these words have to be in the title of the program.

Last edited:
And the financial media share gap will really be big between the B1G and the ACC, Big 12 and PAC. Not a huge surprise whatsoever that USC/UCLA want to join the B!G although Newsom wants to give UCLA grief for political reasons.

We'll see how much "better" Notre Dame can do for themselves as an independent when their contract comes up. Cough, cough.

Again some Husker fans can complain about not being in the Big 12 any more all they want but the majority of fans should thank their lucky stars we are where we are. Just imagine all of the bitching and moaning if we were in the Big 12, abandoned by Oklahoma and Texas and about to get a midget-sized revenue share in the future.
Said it before and I'll say it again. Each morning when I wake up I first thank God I'm alive, then thank God Nebraska got into the B1G.

I still remember in the early to mid 2000's when most games would only be on the radio. and most of the time my parents liked the radio broadcast more so we muted the tv, and listened to the radio :D.

Times have changed.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT