ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten TV deal looks like it might be FOX CBS AND NBC

Somewhere, King Kong is hyperventilating before he can respond. Waiting for yet another ridiculous take…
Don't know the guy, assuming he is one, but wasn't his handle before King Kong like John J. Rambo or something? I assume the one (s) before that were tough guys or mythical tough creatures as well. It gives me picture of him as 5'5" and 145 lbs.

I for one am not buying a Peacock stream to watch games .

Big is wrong when they think you can’t have too many tv partners. It will become to difficult to carry all the necessary channels to get each and every game , let alone trying to figure out what channel the game will be on in your area.
Suit yourself. Peacock is one of my favorite streaming networks. It's cheap, looks great. Has The Office and NBC shows, Bravo Network, classic wrestling. Bring on the live sports.

It’s not necessarily quantity but quality viewers in TV land. Remember “murder she wrote” in the 80s and 90s had poor ratings but had a good time spot because the target market of that show had disposable income. Disposable income = higher priced TV Ads.

Keeping that in mind, do you think B1G grads or SEC grads have more disposable income? Do you think certain Ads that really aren’t even selling a product but trying to gain interest in selling there stock would rather reach out to a Michigan grad or a Mississippi State grad?

ESPN knows dam well they lost a gold mine. Maybe not in total viewership but one in important viewership. I’ve been studying Disney lately, I don’t think their leadership understands the game. they expect to control the market and not be effected by the Market. They are so full of themselves they think they are invincible. Lehman brothers once thought that too.

So yeah, I believe CBS loves to have a 2:30 B1G time slot. They are going to sell a lot of TV Ads

Last edited:
I still remember in the early to mid 2000's when most games would only be on the radio. and most of the time my parents liked the radio broadcast more so we muted the tv, and listened to the radio :D.

Times have changed.
I mute the tv anytime btn is broadcasting our games which is about every game, you can only listen to a C- sportscaster so long

Suit yourself. Peacock is one of my favorite streaming networks. It's cheap, looks great. Has The Office and NBC shows, Bravo Network, classic wrestling. Bring on the live sports.
I'm curious to see how much Peacock subscription costs are going to increase once they add these live sports.

Somewhere, King Kong is hyperventilating before he can respond. Waiting for yet another ridiculous take…
Can’t believe you missed my posts! You really should follow me like my other huge fans

curious - which of my takes do you find most ridiculous?

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
And the financial media share gap will really be big between the B1G and the ACC, Big 12 and PAC. Not a huge surprise whatsoever that USC/UCLA want to join the B!G although Newsom wants to give UCLA grief for political reasons.

We'll see how much "better" Notre Dame can do for themselves as an independent when their contract comes up. Cough, cough.

Again some Husker fans can complain about not being in the Big 12 any more all they want but the majority of fans should thank their lucky stars we are where we are. Just imagine all of the bitching and moaning if we were in the Big 12, abandoned by Oklahoma and Texas and about to get a midget-sized revenue share in the future.
As a fan I care about watching a quality football team that I can be proud of. Is there any proof that the additional money in the B1G is actually helping Nebraska field a quality team? It seems like it should help but to what degree? Will it help more than our tradition with B12 schools did and our old recruiting grounds? We aren't really recruiting the B1G footprint better than we used to recruit Texas and Oklahoma.

As fans I think we should question the notion that more money for the school is always good. We don't actually see any of that money. And the university has to actually prioritize spending that money towards fielding a better team and having a better fan experience. If they've been doing that it certainly hasn't translated to wins in the B1G. I do trust Trev and hopefully things change with him in charge.

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
I'm curious to see how much Peacock subscription costs are going to increase once they add these live sports.
That will be interesting. I think Peacock is not really independent of NBC. I could be wrong. And since Peacock isn't independent, it won't necessarily have to pass on the cost. But they still could do that anyway. That said, Peacock could lose a lot of subscribers if they increased their subscription rates too much.

As a fan I care about watching a quality football team that I can be proud of. Is there any proof that the additional money in the B1G is actually helping Nebraska field a quality team? It seems like it should help but to what degree? Will it help more than our tradition with B12 schools did and our old recruiting grounds? We aren't really recruiting the B1G footprint better than we used to recruit Texas and Oklahoma.

As fans I think we should question the notion that more money for the school is always good. We don't actually see any of that money. And the university has to actually prioritize spending that money towards fielding a better team and having a better fan experience. If they've been doing that it certainly hasn't translated to wins in the B1G. I do trust Trev and hopefully things change with him in charge.
money is allways the issue, the problem is the sec, ohio state and usc types supplied money under the table for quite sometime....while Nebraska focus more on academics and charity...now that nil is here we can start a honest attempt at getting more horses on the field...and folks mentioned before will be held on federal charges by the irs, if they keep going under the table...there's a new sheriff in town, and it ain't the wimpy ncaa

money is allways the issue, the problem is the sec, ohio state and usc types supplied money under the table for quite sometime....while Nebraska focus more on academics and charity...now that nil is here we can start a honest attempt at getting more horses on the field...and folks mentioned before will be held on federal charges by the irs, if they keep going under the table...there's a new sheriff in town, and it ain't the wimpy ncaa
Now we truly will see if money can buy titles or if the non-B1G schools that win all the championships are just better at football/basketball

Reactions: redwine65

Well ask yourself how happy you'd be with a Big 12 future midget-sized share? Would that make us a better team if we got less money?

Well ask yourself how happy you'd be with a Big 12 future midget-sized share? Would that make us a better team if we got less money?
What he’s saying is right

despite the avalanche of cash dumped into the B1G recently, the level of play has largely remained the same (not just for NU)

My guess is it will be pretty funny to read through this thread after all the dust settles with the actual football conferences and Disney

Yeah right, try programming record for channels Hulu doesn’t carry or for titles that it can’t find.

I have Formula 1 set to record , it is on Fox and what ever the hell channel ESPN wants to run it on. Hulu only records the race sons of the time when ESPN Carrie’s it,

football will be the same
I do the same with F1 and YouTube TV and it seems to figure out the events and channels. But I'll probably be proved wrong after the summer break and miss qualifying or a race.

FWIW I'm OK with signing up with streaming services to get more CFB, as long as I can turn it on/off at will and the monthly charge is reasonable.

it sucks that starting in 2023, there will be a zero percent chance of GameDay coming to Lincoln ever again

I've never watched fox's competitive program, but can only assume it's full of old B1G war stories from Reggie Bush/Matt Leinart with a steady dose of butt fingering from scumbag urban meyer

it sucks that starting in 2023, there will be a zero percent chance of GameDay coming to Lincoln ever again

I've never watched fox's competitive program, but can only assume it's full of old B1G war stories from Reggie Bush/Matt Leinart with a steady dose of butt fingering from scumbag urban meyer
Any game day they have from 2 years from now will totally be different from what we have always seen on ESPN..

Even the BTN goes to a campus every week now.. it’s just not the marquee game of the day…

Any game day they have from 2 years from now will totally be different from what we have always seen on ESPN..

Even the BTN goes to a campus every week now.. it’s just not the marquee game of the day…
nobody watches btn or fox pregame, and even fewer attend those studios when they travel

GameDay is still a very big deal, despite what the ESPN hating snowflakes will say

What he’s saying is right

despite the avalanche of cash dumped into the B1G recently, the level of play has largely remained the same (not just for NU)

My guess is it will be pretty funny to read through this thread after all the dust settles with the actual football conferences and Disney
So you think our team would automatically be much better if we were much poorer? OK, you're entitled to whatever opinion you have. Personally I believe we have had a crappy record over the last several years because we had bad coaching and that more money did not cause the decline. That's my opinion.

Last edited:
Things will change in 2024..
you're right. GameDay will finally become an exclusive property of the actual football conferences in 2024.

b1g fans (not me) will be watching 2nd rate pre-game prior to 2nd rate coverage.

the national marquee game will still be at 7pm on ABC. b1g's "marquee" game will have been over with for 5 hours by then (11am on FOX lol).

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
nobody watches btn or fox pregame, and even fewer attend those studios when they travel

GameDay is still a very big deal, despite what the ESPN hating snowflakes will say
Could not agree more!

College GameDay is and probably always will be the gold standard.

I was at the OU game last year and they had the Fox pregame show live on campus...no one really seemed to care, I walked by it and stopped for about 10 seconds and then we just kept walking. College Gameday is just a biggr deal.

I know people love to pretend that they hate ESPN but when college football starts everyone goes to ESPN for pre and post game.

Could not agree more!

College GameDay is and probably always will be the gold standard.

I was at the OU game last year and they had the Fox pregame show live on campus...no one really seemed to care, I walked by it and stopped for about 10 seconds and then we just kept walking. College Gameday is just a biggr deal.

I know people love to pretend that they hate ESPN but when college football starts everyone goes to ESPN for pre and post game.

I think you might be surprised how many people do not watch ESPN unless absolutely necessary. Winking

Well yeah, that is what I am saying.

You watch it for the things you like, which I am guessing is college football.

Actually I am a big fan of Spike Ball, Corn Hole, E Sports and the spelling bee.

Spikeball-Small.gif

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Will he (Urban) even be allowed to commentate after what happened?

I’m fine with keeping crybaby Kirk and woke boy Desmond off campus.
Great call

Will be interesting if both are at espn in ‘24 or if they just get more UGA guys like pollard/tebow

herby on NBC calling B1G Saturday night prime time would be a big time show, especially if they could pair him with a pro like Tirico

also, @keilwitzg I would not be surprised to see urb back in a studio show somewhere but he should probably lay low for a while

Last edited:
Reactions: keilwitzg
Great call

Will be interesting if both are at espn in ‘24 or if they just get more UGA guys like pollard/tebow

herby on NBC calling B1G Saturday night prime time would be a big time show, especially if they could pair him with a pro like Tirico

also, @keilwitzg I would not be surprised to see urb back in a studio show somewhere but he should probably lay low for a while
Urbs has his hands full.

48718327-10055363-The_video_by_Twitter_account_ChiefSVP_has_racked_up_more_than_2_-a-2_1633302711287.jpg

Great call

I like pollard, would like to see Jesse Palmer get a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT