PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Matt Shaw, SS, Maryland
PITCHER OF THE YEAR
Connor O’Halloran, Michigan
FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR
Devin Taylor, OF, Indiana
COACH OF THE YEAR
Rob Vaughn, Maryland

Congratulations to our four Huskers named All Big Ten. And congratulations to Maryland's junior SS Matt Shaw on his POY award. Of course I like to think Max Anderson was in contention for this honor but our masters deemed it should go to Shaw. We should do a side by side stat comparison. OK, I will. Here, I will bold the better stat.

POY - Matt ShawSnubbed - Max Anderson
Avg - .361Avg - .412
Hits - 84Hits - 93
Doubles - 19Doubles - 19
Home runs - 23Home runs - 21
On base % - .470On base % - .458
OPS - 1.217OPS - 1.250
Strikeouts (38) % - .163Strikeouts (27) % - .119
RBIs - 66RBIs - 69
Stolen bases-Attempts - 17-18Stolen bases-Attempts - 0-0
Errors - 8Errors - 2
Fielding % - .970Fielding % - .991

Yeah, thought so. More Big Ten BS.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers

ALL-BIG TEN, FIRST TEAM
Max Anderson, 2B, Nebraska
Brice Matthews, At-Large, Nebraska
ALL-BIG TEN, SECOND TEAM
Gabe Swansen, OF, Nebraska
ALL-BIG TEN, THIRD TEAM
Shay Schanaman, RP, Nebraska
PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Matt Shaw, SS, Maryland
PITCHER OF THE YEAR
Connor O’Halloran, Michigan
FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR
Devin Taylor, OF, Indiana
COACH OF THE YEAR
Rob Vaughn, Maryland

Congratulations to our four Huskers named All Big Ten. And congratulations to Maryland's junior SS Matt Shaw on his POY award. Of course I like to think Max Anderson was in contention for this honor but our masters deemed it should go to Shaw. We should do a side by side stat comparison. OK, I will. Here, I will bold the better stat.

POY - Matt ShawSnubbed - Max Anderson
Avg - .361Avg - .412
Hits - 84Hits - 93
Doubles - 19Doubles - 19
Home runs - 23Home runs - 21
On base % - .470On base % - .458
OPS - 1.217OPS - 1.250
Strikeouts (38) % - .163Strikeouts (27) % - .119
RBIs - 66RBIs - 69
Stolen bases-Attempts - 17-18Stolen bases-Attempts - 0-0
Errors - 8Errors - 2
Fielding % - .970Fielding % - .991

Yeah, thought so. More Big Ten BS.
Basically Matt plays on the #1 team.

Kind of BS, but Matt is pretty damn good. Obv my biased opinion is for Max. Matt is clearly a better runner tho.

Reactions: moralvictories
Basically Matt plays on the #1 team.

Kind of BS, but Matt is pretty damn good. Obv my biased opinion is for Max. Matt is clearly a better runner tho.
I seriously believe this is a travesty and, yeah, I expected it to happen b/c Big Ten.

Absolutely, Shaw is good and will be good for years to come. He's not done with baseball. But is he even the best on Maryland's team? Lorusso has him in average and RBIs by 30 (!), 96-66.

But I can plainly see Max's .412 average, his OPS, the fact he's 3rd in the country in hits just three off the leader, his fielding...

I'm calling serious BS on this.

Yep, Max don't run but lowly Purdue got two guy who are not going 17-18 like Shaw is on the base paths they're 28-31 and 26-29. I don't know. SMFH

I seriously believe this is a travesty and, yeah, I expected it to happen b/c Big Ten.

Absolutely, Shaw is good and will be good for years to come. He's not done with baseball. But is he even the best on Maryland's team? Lorusso has him in average and RBIs by 30 (!), 96-66.

But I can plainly see Max's .412 average, his OPS, the fact he's 3rd in the country in hits just three off the leader, his fielding...

I'm calling serious BS on this.

Yep, Max don't run but lowly Purdue got two guy who are not going 17-18 like Shaw is on the base paths they're 28-31 and 26-29. I don't know. SMFH
Yeah, I thought Lorusso was the more likely choice than Shaw, when it comes to candidates from Maryland.

I would also add that I was rather surprised to see any of our (Maryland) pitchers getting accolades. They were much better last season...

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought Lorusso was the more likely choice than Shaw, when it comes to candidates from Maryland.

I would also add that I was rather surprised to see any of our (Maryland) pitchers getting accolades. They were much better last season...
Yep, I was all set to do a Lorusso/Anderson comparison then the Big Ten did a switcharoo on me. Laughing

And did anyone see Lorusso throw an absolute strike across the diamond to finish a double play? Helluva job.

BTW, I forgot to mention that Max Anderson just set the all time Big Ten record for homeruns in conference only games. 24 games, 15 homeruns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT