ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten News: UI Advisory Committee Chair calls for Ferentz to Resign

Come on this is very well documented. 80+ past players have come forward with claims of racism and abuse. A coach was fired, a lawsuit filed. Etc. etc. Obviously not all claims of racism are true, but in this case Iowa football is in the wrong and needs to be better.
So 80 claims of racism and a lawsuit filed means it's true??

The media, political operatives, and lawyers can get 80 signatures in 1 day for any lie.

So 80 claims of racism and a lawsuit filed means it's true??

The media, political operatives, and lawyers can get 80 signatures in 1 day for any lie.

Sure seems to be alot more evidence that it’s true, than just stating it isn’t because you wish it wasn’t. But sure go with the grand conspiracy theory, that makes perfect sense.

Sure seems to be alot more evidence that it’s true, than just stating it isn’t because you wish it wasn’t. But sure go with the grand conspiracy theory, that makes perfect sense.
Grand conspiracy. You keep saying that. Allegations of racism being false is a grand conspiracy. The media lying is a grand conspiracy. As if we're nuts for not believing it.

Grand conspiracy. You keep saying that. Allegations of racism being false is a grand conspiracy. The media lying is a grand conspiracy. As if we're nuts for not believing it.
While I'm sure the racism thing stems from somewhere I do agree that the media is completely paid for and untrustworthy.

You sound absolutely insane. You do know that right? All the allegations are lies, Doyle was fired for nothing. Crazy town.

The only reason you think it isn’t true (despite literally all the evidence to the contrary), is because you don’t want to to be.

Last edited:
While I'm sure the racism thing stems from somewhere I do agree that the media is completely paid for and untrustworthy.

Sure the media can be terrible. But they aren’t the ones claiming Iowa is abusing players, their own players are. The media didn’t make Iowa fire Doyle, Iowa did it. The media didn’t make Farentz institute a committee to fix it and then disband the committee, Farentz did. This isn’t a media issue, it’s an Iowa issue, and obviously one they have no intention of addressing.

You sound absolutely insane. You do know that right? All the allegations are lies, Doyle’s was fired for nothing. Crazy town.

The only reason you think it isn’t true (despite literally all the evidence to the contrary), is because you don’t want to to be.
You're the one who believes what you want to believe. It's all political. If you actually believe there's some big racism problem in the Iowa football program...if you actually believe that these things are being reported straight and honestly...then you ought to have your head examined.

You're the one who believes what you want to believe. It's all political. If you actually believe there's some big racism problem in the Iowa football program...if you actually believe that these things are being reported straight and honestly...then you ought to have your head examined.

It can safely be assumed that a person pretending to be a fan of one team, just to troll another team’s message board has some serious mental issues. And even by that very low standard, you are completely off the deep end.

Reactions: nudan92
It can safely be assumed that a person pretending to be a fan of one team, just to troll another team’s message board has some serious mental issues. And even by that very low standard, you are completely off the deep end.
But a guy wore a trash can on his head!!!!

Like all things these days, this too is seems to be a political power struggle. When an appointed committee member comes out and calls for a resignation and there is no supporting evidence (if there was, the university would have done something), you have to take it for what it is and not take it and run with it like it is some gold standard for proof.

I could care less what Iowa has won or not won and what their trophy case looks like, those are diversions from truth. I know they have kicked our butts for so many years, I can barely remember beating them. Besides that, what the heck does any of that have to do with the racial issues that the university has investigated but now the committee member seems to know more about. Why aren't his motives questioned as well?

I know this will ruffle some feathers but what evidence, I mean real evidence, is there that Kirk is racist? In this woke political environment, almost everything is racial including the subject of math. By that standard, we are all guilty. Then, of course, man likes to see others in distress, especially those who are their adversary.
The fact that Doyle was forced to resign and KF’s son is named in all of the lawsuits for exactly the same issues as Doyle, is a pretty good indication. His refusal to act on his son’s role smacks that he was well aware of what was transpiring and supported the actions at the time.

Reactions: headcard
Ought to just disband Iowa football. But, that's none of my business...
fetchimage

The fact that Doyle was forced to resign and KF’s son is named in all of the lawsuits for exactly the same issues as Doyle, is a pretty good indication. His refusal to act on his son’s role smacks that he was well aware of what was transpiring and supported the actions at the time.
Because Iowa either caved or simply decided to fire the strength coach means that there's big racism in the Iowa football program? Because KF's son is named in all the lawsuits means that there's big racism in the Iowa football program??

You seem to be forgetting that this is America in 2022. It's very easy to put a left-wing smear-campaign together.

Hope he saw the National Championship trophies. That's as close as he'll ever get to one. Douche!

If Kirk was smart he would have used this as a reason to hire a real OC, remove Junior from the program and just give him him a $1 million or so per year out of his own pocket. Kirk could look like he’s doing the right thing when he’s really just addressing a big weakness on his coaching staff.
Kirk isn't Brian's boss though

Because Iowa either caved or simply decided to fire the strength coach means that there's big racism in the Iowa football program? Because KF's son is named in all the lawsuits means that there's big racism in the Iowa football program??

You seem to be forgetting that this is America in 2022. It's very easy to put a left-wing smear-campaign together.
The right answer is usually the simplest answer. The fact that a large number of former black players are suing the program, would signify a systematic issue. Former players just don’t band together and sue without there being significant issue. We do live in a different world now, and KF decided he isn’t going to change his methods which are now unacceptable. The adage of “Adapt or die” applies. The program is going to pay through the nose for the actions of the Iowa staff. This will just be another lawsuit lost by the Iowa athletic dept. in the meantime, the football program will continue to evolve into an all white team because opposing coaches are going to destroy the hawks on the recruiting trail, especially with KF’s latest move which signifies that he doesn’t care.

If this board paid 1/100 as much attention to what your hero SF has accomplished in the time he's been at Nebraska as you do to KF he would have been tard and feathered a couple of years ago. I keep reading on this board how Kirki is racist among other things. Lets face it it's the times we live in. After all Abraham Lincoln's statue is getting torn down. A few former players have found they can make an extra buck by screaming foul and if you look into it at least one of those players now a pro bowl player wrote a two page letter after graduation explaining how KF and the weight trainer were the ones that got him into the league. Two months after that letter he signed onto the lawsuit which resulted in costing the weight man his job.

If this board paid 1/100 as much attention to what your hero SF has accomplished in the time he's been at Nebraska as you do to KF he would have been tard and feathered a couple of years ago. I keep reading on this board how Kirki is racist among other things. Lets face it it's the times we live in. After all Abraham Lincoln's statue is getting torn down. A few former players have found they can make an extra buck by screaming foul and if you look into it at least one of those players now a pro bowl player wrote a two page letter after graduation explaining how KF and the weight trainer were the ones that got him into the league. Two months after that letter he signed onto the lawsuit which resulted in costing the weight man his job.
"tard"

lol

Serious question were you looking in the mirror when you wrote “tard”?

1) Scott Frost has sucked, we all know this, but thanks for the update.
2) KKKirk is a garbage person, but you all seem OK with it for some reason, which is really all that matters.
3) So on top of trashing the former players, you are acting like Doyle of all people is now a victim. Interesting.

1) Scott Frost has sucked, we all know this, but thanks for the update.
2) KKKirk is a garbage person, but you all seem OK with it for some reason, which is really all that matters.
3) So on top of trashing the former players, you are acting like Doyle of all people is now a victim. Interesting.
I love the knee-jerk "yeah, but Scott Frost sucks even more" responses from the bumblebee fans.

Yeah, we know. He took a pay cut and is coaching for his life this season.

Ferentz just got a $49 million contract extension for being Bo Pelini: you know, jobs for relatives, never beating a really good team when it matters. Good for him.

As someone who works at the University of Iowa, I wish I could make one-tenth of what Brian Ferentz makes for being bad at my job. At least Carl Pelini's defenses were good.

And one more thing: that's yellow, not gold. See Colorado uniforms for what gold looks like.

Any time a player is forced to wear a trashcan on his head, it's my firm belief the program deserves the death penalty!

I mean what's next... a bucket on the head!? A Rubbermaid tote on the head?! A burning cross.... ON THE HEAD!?

Any time a player is forced to wear a trashcan on his head, it's my firm belief the program deserves the death penalty!

I mean what's next... a bucket on the head!? A Rubbermaid tote on the head?! A burning cross.... ON THE HEAD!?
Hard for Ioway fans explaining the trashcan over the head innocent and what Doyle and Sonny boy Brain said to some African American players…

lol!

what legacy? guy's been there for 30 years and has nothing to show for i
it will be funny when iowa exchanges its customary Urine Yellow for the state's official color - Envious Green
Why be envious of 7 straight losses? I assume however you’re talking the ancient history of your football prowess. When all you can talk about is the good old days, it’s not good

And Iowa fans can talk about???????

We all know the answer is absolutely nothing, that’s why you are here obsessing over Nebraska.
sorry, I have to disagree

iowa fans talk nonstop about Nebraska, not nothing

hey, iowa fan @aflachawk -- what's the best Nebraska team iowa's ever beaten?

also - what was it like to not only get your buttholes prolapsed in the B1G title game, but be left out of the rose bowl by your beloved B1G in the process??

and then have your coward coach punt when 1/2 a yard beats a middling SEC team, only to have your "defense" (which sucked all year against actual offenses) get gashed left and right to lose the game??

I know, I know - "at least we were there!"

enjoy the "2nd place in big ten", "big ten west champs", "2nd place in the who gives a shit bowl" banners! they'll fit right in above your still-empty trophy case

RollingLaugh RollingLaugh RollingLaugh RollingLaugh RollingLaugh RollingLaugh

sorry, I have to disagree

iowa fans talk nonstop about Nebraska, not nothing

hey, iowa fan @aflachawk -- what's the best Nebraska team iowa's ever beaten?

also - what was it like to not only get your buttholes prolapsed in the B1G title game, but be left out of the rose bowl by your beloved B1G in the process??

and then have your coward coach punt when 1/2 a yard beats a middling SEC team, only to have your "defense" (which sucked all year against actual offenses) get gashed left and right to lose the game??

I know, I know - "at least we were there!"

enjoy the "2nd place in big ten", "big ten west champs", "2nd place in the who gives a shit bowl" banners! they'll fit right in above your still-empty trophy case

RollingLaugh RollingLaugh RollingLaugh RollingLaugh RollingLaugh RollingLaugh
The answer would be the 1981 Nebraska team that played without Turner Gill in the 1982 Orange Bowl for the National title..

I love when one dude (probably white) tells a black dude that what he felt/experienced was not racist.

Here is the bottom line and you know it is true. It is not if you or I felt like it was racist, it is if one of those black dudes felt it was, we don't get to decide if it made one or more of those players feel uncomfortable, they get to decide that.

To someone that feels like they were treated poorly or worse or not equal because of their race is something that they deal with how they see fit. To those people in that situation there is no such thing is "a little racist" or "not that offensive". It doesn't work that way.

If you have a daughter you can think of it like this. I bet you have made crass comments to girls before, about their looks, clothes, whatever...ha ha, no big deal, right? Well, imagine if you hear a dude saying something demeaning to your daughter...big deal all of a sudden right?

80 players are not lying, that would be one of the biggest conspiracies in the history of the US.

80 players are not lying, that would be one of the biggest conspiracies in the history of the US.
So I suppose the media is completely neutral and unbiased? Because getting everyone at ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, the NY Times, etc. to all be biased in the same way would be an impossibly huge conspiracy, right?

People would never sign-up for lawsuit money or to advance a political agenda if it wasn't the truth. Black Lives Matter only speaks the truth. Right?

So I suppose the media is completely neutral and unbiased? Because getting everyone at ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, the NY Times, etc. to all be biased in the same way would be an impossibly huge conspiracy, right?

People would never sign-up for lawsuit money or to advance a political agenda if it wasn't the truth. Black Lives Matter only speaks the truth. Right?
Are you saying that all 80 players are lying?

And no, the media is not neutral, they are in sales so it is their job to get people to watch/listen.

I don't know what BLM has to do with this but as far as I know not everyone involved with that is black and not everyone involved with it has claimed that racist things have happened to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT