ADVERTISEMENT

Big Red Wrap-up recruiting special

Nice discussion and review of our latest class. Good class overall and IMO an excellent class on the offensive side in particular.
I always like watching those specials to wrap things up nicely. Helps get an idea of which players may need more developmental time vs guys with potential to contribute early.
Separate story (247), but I was really surprised to see how many media put Caleb Benning in their Super Six list. He came in at number 4 I think overall.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I always like watching those specials to wrap things up nicely. Helps get an idea of which players may need more developmental time vs guys with potential to contribute early.
Separate story (247), but I was really surprised to see how many media put Caleb Benning in their Super Six list. He came in at number 4 I think overall.
Benning seems like one of those guys that 5 years ago would have gone to Iowa or Wisconsin, redshirted, and then started for 3 years. And we would have all been pissed.

I think some of that is due to the fact that Damon has worked with several of these media members in various capacities, so there is likely some bias there. Not to say Caleb isn't a solid recruit, but our local media isn't exactly unbiased in this case.

Benning seems like one of those guys that 5 years ago would have gone to Iowa or Wisconsin, redshirted, and then started for 3 years. And we would have all been pissed.
It seems that way but I’ve also heard former Huskers say they think he was the best player in the Omaha area this year. He’s got a lot of potential. Wisconsin wanted him bad.

Nice discussion and review of our latest class. Good class overall and IMO an excellent class on the offensive side in particular.
Sean Callahan is a recruiting expert?

It seems that way but I’ve also heard former Huskers say they think he was the best player in the Omaha area this year. He’s got a lot of potential. Wisconsin wanted him bad.
What? My point was I think he's going to be really good. And under Frost we would have probably let him get away to a division rival. Where he would have haunted us. I think the entire division wanted him bad.

I watched Caleb play in the Prep/Westside bball game last week in person. I predict he will be a 2-3 year starter in Lincoln. He may not be the tallest DB or the fastest in the "40" but his initial quickness and reaction is off the charts. He has the "it" factor that can't be coached. I am absolutely thrilled that he is playing for the Huskers in Lincoln. And we will all be thrilled in the next coupled of years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT