ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 refs 🤡

Its not unprecedented
I’m aware of that. I wouldn’t put it past the insiders club of powers in the Big Ten. They’ll do what they have to in order for Ohio State and Michigan to get into the playoffs this year. I can see them screwing Indiana at some point this year. Cant have a usual bottom dweller rise up

Thats the only thing that irks me about the replay. It has to be indisputable to overturn. BS either it’s a catch or no catch. Either the receiver is in or out. Etc… I liked Don Mattinglys response on replay when he was managing the Marlins. He said the people watching the replay should not know the call on the field . They should make a call by what they see . And then that is the call .
Except that particular call is not reviewable.

They changed the positioning of the refs after the fact to ensure a better angle

Meaning the refs couldn’t see, either
I know they changed the positioning but that doesn’t mean/the refs couldn’t see.

When the side judge is following a play along the sideline and the player goes down, the side judge is often trailing the play with only an angle view to make the call on the spot.

Someday I assume technology will take most of this over, forward progress, when did the player go down and where - hello AI.

It's the timing of the calls, though. Missing a holding with 2 minutes left up 28 is meaningless, calling an INT wrong in a tight game is really impactful.
It is crazy how many penalties are on 3rd downs or only in crucial situations. It is more likely players hold or do more on crucial downs but there's times where it feels like every crucial play is going to have a flag.

I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t just set one pylon with a camera on the LOS on both sides of the field, and then allow the call to be reviewable in situations like this.

Heck if we even want to get more technical add a laser that will shoot to the other side that will tell when the line is broken so when showing on the replay there can be a visual alert that shows the red when the line was broken…

Still the bottom line is the Gophers were shafted and most likely would have upset Michigan with that on side kick recovery.. No question that he was behind the line when the kicker kick it..

Making changes now doesn’t help the Gophers 3 days later..
Were they shafted? I haven’t seen a single replay that shows certainty either way. Even the announcers on the clip linked above said it was close and shouldn’t be called meaning it may have been or may not have been.

I guess the shat part is always determined who gets it. If you put Nebraska instead of Michigan and anyone else on the other side and we didn’t get the call that was so close, that is all this board and media would be talking about.

I am not defending anyone in this. There just seems to be no end to the controversy every week no matter the league.

I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t just set one pylon with a camera on the LOS on both sides of the field, and then allow the call to be reviewable in situations like this.

Heck if we even want to get more technical add a laser that will shoot to the other side that will tell when the line is broken so when showing on the replay there can be a visual alert that shows the red when the line was broken…
That is where it is headed. I posted that technology will eventually take over and people still won’t be happy. Do you want AI calling holding or pass interference? Ha

Still the bottom line is the Gophers were shafted and most likely would have upset Michigan with that on side kick recovery.. No question that he was behind the line when the kicker kick it..

Making changes now doesn’t help the Gophers 3 days later..
So how many big 10 teams don’t complain about officiating? Michigan, Ohio st . I don’t feel sorry for Minnesota because we got jobbed out of a td last year, replay showed gabe crossed the goal line but the play stood because the ruling on the field said no td short of the goal line

So how many big 10 teams don’t complain about officiating? Michigan, Ohio st . I don’t feel sorry for Minnesota because we got jobbed out of a td last year, replay showed gabe crossed the goal line but the play stood because the ruling on the field said no td short of the goal line
This is where I said earlier the replay procedure has to change. The Command center watching the games. They get buzzed on replay request of the Minnesota Nebraska game since you used that as an example. The screen goes from black to on . They are seeing the play in for the first time and have no idea what the call was . They make the call on what they see.

Were they shafted? I haven’t seen a single replay that shows certainty either way. Even the announcers on the clip linked above said it was close and shouldn’t be called meaning it may have been or may not have been.

I guess the shat part is always determined who gets it. If you put Nebraska instead of Michigan and anyone else on the other side and we didn’t get the call that was so close, that is all this board and media would be talking about.

I am not defending anyone in this. There just seems to be no end to the controversy every week no matter the league.

If you put Nebraska instead of Michigan, the call wouldn't have been made. The B1G has proven this time and again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT