ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 media days notes-Carter N is starting career at WR, Ron Brown to coach FB's and returners

There were some who questioned if this would the case. I’m thrilled to hear this and that he’s not some diva coming in. All communication about DR has been very consistent. That he’s a grinder and works his butt off to be elite. I’m so glad he chose the Huskers.
Seems like with his dad having played in the league for so long, and clearly understanding just HOW GOOD you have to be to make it to that level and then play, has been important.

With the type of people Dylan has been surrounded by in Stafford and now Mahomes, not to mention the QB coaches, moving from one school to another, NU is likely viewed as an expected stop along the way for Dylan's career trajectory.

Without question, Dylan has the tools to make a lot of noise early, and it IS possible they made the move from GA to NU simply because Dominic didn't want to risk having Dylan have to sit behind a Carson Beck.

All of us dads of exception athletes have an inflated view of how good our son likely is, and they tend to prove it resoundingly, the last thing we want is for the young man to sit the bench and "wait his turn". "Waiting his turn" never played into my thinking, and I'm sure the Raiola's feel the same way.

Seems like with his dad having played in the league for so long, and clearly understanding just HOW GOOD you have to be to make it to that level and then play, has been important.

With the type of people Dylan has been surrounded by in Stafford and now Mahomes, not to mention the QB coaches, moving from one school to another, NU is likely viewed as an expected stop along the way for Dylan's career trajectory.

Without question, Dylan has the tools to make a lot of noise early, and it IS possible they made the move from GA to NU simply because Dominic didn't want to risk having Dylan have to sit behind a Carson Beck.

All of us dads of exception athletes have an inflated view of how good our son likely is, and they tend to prove it resoundingly, the last thing we want is for the young man to sit the bench and "wait his turn". "Waiting his turn" never played into my thinking, and I'm sure the Raiola's feel the same way.
I had a conversation with my dad this last week about Nebraska football. He, being a Rhule hater, had some interesting takes. He thought Dylan was no better than the 3 QBs that played last year and that Rhule doesn't know X's and O's and is only a cheerleader. He thought Haarberg RollingLaughis the future of the team. I didn't argue with him as that would be pointless but some men you just can't reach.

If Haarberg is the leader, we are screwed.

I had a conversation with my dad this last week about Nebraska football. He, being a Rhule hater, had some interesting takes. He thought Dylan was no better than the 3 QBs that played last year and that Rhule doesn't know X's and O's and is only a cheerleader. He thought Haarberg is the future of the team. I didn't argue with him as that would be pointless but some men you just can't reach.
It’s nice of you to honor your dad with your thumbnail. His views make sense now.

I had a conversation with my dad this last week about Nebraska football. He, being a Rhule hater, had some interesting takes. He thought Dylan was no better than the 3 QBs that played last year and that Rhule doesn't know X's and O's and is only a cheerleader. He thought Haarberg RollingLaughis the future of the team. I didn't argue with him as that would be pointless but some men you just can't reach.

Your dad is Kong?

I'm curious, is your dads dislike for Rhule having to do with your dads love for HH?

As an NU fan, i hope that HH has a really good year, as the backup, and as a hybrid type player who can have an impact in a game or two. If HH is the future of this program, then we are totally screwed.

Not arguing with you dad over this is a very smart move Red.

Reactions: king_kong_
I'm curious, is your dads dislike for Rhule having to do with your dads love for HH?

As an NU fan, i hope that HH has a really good year, as the backup, and as a hybrid type player who can have an impact in a game or two. If HH is the future of this program, then we are totally screwed.

My dad has hated Rhule ever since he was hired, calling him a .500 coach. Not sure who he wanted to be coach but he wanted Frost ever since he was at Oregon. I don't think he wants to give the coaching staff any credit, so Dylan can't be that good. But Haarberg, the ole running QB of DONU, get's his jimmies rustling.

Your dad is Kong?
that brings quite a bit of context to his relationship with my posts

I'll break it down a little:

He, being a Rhule hater, had some interesting takes. I am not a Rhule hater.

He thought Dylan was no better than the 3 QBs that played last year. Disagree with this, and have all along. Raiola is the best QB recruit we have ever landed.

and that Rhule doesn't know X's and O's and is only a cheerleader. He might be on to something here.

He thought Haarberg is the future of the team. I have said Haarberg was the near future, would stabilize the QB room as well as be a cultural leader of the team. If we didn't land Dylan he'd be getting ready to start.

probably close enough to bring back all the weird childhood stuff, though.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
that brings quite a bit of context to his relationship with my posts

I'll break it down a little:

He, being a Rhule hater, had some interesting takes. I am not a Rhule hater.

He thought Dylan was no better than the 3 QBs that played last year. Disagree with this, and have all along. Raiola is the best QB recruit we have ever landed.

and that Rhule doesn't know X's and O's and is only a cheerleader. He might be on to something here.

He thought Haarberg is the future of the team. I have said Haarberg was the near future, would stabilize the QB room as well as be a cultural leader of the team.

probably close enough to bring back all the weird childhood stuff, though.
actually, this was the first time I was aware of his retardation.

if not for Rhule HH would've never gotten close to seeing the field.

Rhule loves Haarberg.

actually, this was the first time I was aware of his retardation.
friends-ross.gif

He loves his as a player and person, but can't imagine he would want to rely on him at QB again.
he sure hasn't done much to insulate himself from that possibility.

we are 1 blown blocking assignment from HH being his QB again.

he seemed very comfortable with HH leading the team last year and going 5-2 in the process.

if not for Rhule HH would've never gotten close to seeing the field.

Rhule loves Haarberg.
Having a physically talented kid like HH not seeing the field in his career would have been a colossal waste of talent.

If I had a choice between Bullock or HH to be a used receiver, who you think is gonna get the snaps?

You put a kid like Raiola at QB and you design some plays with both HH and Carter as receiver threats, and you have a chance to have some real matchup problems for the D. Two big kids that can really run? Not every team can pose that threat.

he seemed very comfortable with HH leading the team last year and going 5-2 in the process.
Recruited 3 QBs. I guess a better transfer would have been nice.

And at no point, were we worth a shit on offense kong.

And at no point, were we worth a shit on offense kong.
we averaged 181 yards/game on the ground in that 7 game stretch, including just 106 against Mich

that total is good for a top 30 national rushing attack

take out the mich game and it's 194 rush ypg, or 18th best in the country

that's worth at least a shit in my book. and we had an identity.

no wonder we were winning.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Recruited 3 QBs. I guess a better transfer would have been nice.
With what NU has a QB, I'm comfortable with the situation, because we have to be.
Not only does NU have a QB with unlimited "potential", he's backed up by an experienced Big 10 QB, and I'm interested in seeing how that NAIA kid can/can't adapt to the size and speed of the game.

I personally have a level of excitement in what Dylan is able to bring early, we all know what HH brings to the table, and I'm curious to see how the NAIA kid fits into the picture at some point.

The REALLY important thing is if Dylan is struggling and NU needs to sit him down for a bit, its terribly important for HH to take. care. of. the. ball.

we averaged 181 yards/game in that 7 game stretch, including just 106 against Mich

that total is good for a top 30 national rushing attack

take out the mich game and it's 194 rush ypg, or 18th best in the country

that's worth at least a shit in my book. and we had an identity.

no wonder we were winning
NU was a historically terrible team on offense last year.

Our identity was be patient, it was never too late in any game for the offense to commit a mistake that changes the outcome of the game.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Yes, we sucked against sucky teams too
we beat two bowl teams in that 7-game stretch

including an 8-win B1G team that won in madison and beat Utah in their bowl game

but, like you said, arguing is pointless because some men cannot be reached once their narrative is set.

Yes, we sucked against sucky teams too
I just want to put last year (and the last 7 years) behind us and look to the future.
IF NU has real good QB play, NU can have a helluva year. If we revert back to last year, we will get our asses handed to us again.

I want our arguments be that I wanted NU to score another touchdown in a 49-0 blowout and someone else doesn't want to embarass the opponent. We've had enough of our comeuppance, its time to puts some knots of teams heads. And I'll always want just one more touchdown.

I think it was Dylan's own choice and not that of his parents. They seemed a bit surprised by that last minute flip, probably pleased but also surprised.

we beat two bowl teams in that 7-game stretch

including an 8-win B1G team that won in madison and beat Utah in their bowl game

but, like you said, arguing is pointless because some men cannot be reached once their narrative is set.
NW was bad at the beginning of the year and peaked at the end

They pretty much sucked until November and then ran the table
prior to november, they were 2-0 against common opponents we went 0-2 against (minn, MD).

you really don't need to keep trying to spin this in a negative light. NW were a good team when we played them and we kicked their teeth in.

you will not spontaneously combust if you admit that was a good win by HH & company. I promise.

prior to november, they were 2-0 against common opponents we went 0-2 against (minn, MD).

you really don't need to keep trying to spin this in a negative light. NW were a good team when we played them and we kicked their teeth in.

you will not spontaneously combust if you admit that was a good win by HH & company. I promise.
kong, the three of us have had our say, and so far, it hasn't gotten nasty. Seems like a good time for me to bow out. LOL

sorry but NW was not even close to a signature win. They were a middling crap team like us until November.

sorry but NW was not even close to a signature win. They were a middling crap team like us until November.
they were an 8-win B1G team.

it was a good win.

if you weren't so busy butt chugging haterade you'd be able to admit it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT