ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul tonight

Chief Wiggum

Sophomore
Sep 29, 2001
Well if you aren't a regular watcher of this excellent show, you won't really get it...

But tonight's episode had quite of bit of Husker mentions and talk during the episode...Martinez, Pelini, Osborne, quite the discussions. They did talk about a move to the Big Ten, losing to Texas, Oklahoma State the next week, so the time sequence seems to be around mid-season 2010.

Nothing like some relevant information coming up in your favorite TV show!

I liked the series but they could have cut the brother covering the house with tin foil part, down alot

I liked the series but they could have cut the brother covering the house with tin foil part, down alot
Yeah that story arc really seemed to drag on for a long time...conversely, Lalo Salamanca only showed up at the end of season 4 - so he was really only part of the story for just over one season; odd that the most compelling antagonist only got as much time as he did - I mean the dynamic between Jimmy and Chuck was far more than just the tin foil stuff, but yeah it did seem to kind of reach its limit early in the series.

Reactions: redwine65
Yeah that story arc really seemed to drag on for a long time...conversely, Lalo Salamanca only showed up at the end of season 4 - so he was really only part of the story for just over one season; odd that the most compelling antagonist only got as much time as he did - I mean the dynamic between Jimmy and Chuck was far more than just the tin foil stuff, but yeah it did seem to kind of reach its limit early in the series.
the, recent episode was good (GBR!) but what happened to kim from the end of the last show?
the previous 2 episodes were action packed, having a lurking cartel leader was good for suspense.
I do think saul and kim are hell bound for what they did to the lawyer "friend".
was that carol burnet in the recent episode? it sure looked like her...

the, recent episode was good (GBR!) but what happened to kim from the end of the last show?
the previous 2 episodes were action packed, having a lurking cartel leader was good for suspense.
I do think saul and kim are hell bound for what they did to the lawyer "friend".
Yes, that was Carol. I was about to google it when I saw her and was wondering the same thing, but then I saw her name in the opening credits.

Not sure, I wonder if that is it for Kim or if she makes an appearance towards the end - although for all intents and purposes, her story is wrapped up. That for sure was Carol Burnett and the security mall guy was a main character in "Parks and Rec", as well as some other shows.

I read somewhere that Walt and Jesse do make an appearance in the final few episodes, so looking forward to that.

I will disagree about last night's episode, I thought it was very meh (other than the Neb references, of course). Although after the pace of the previous two episodes, coming down to earth a little was expected. I don't really see how the events of last night's episode really play into Saul/Gene Takavic evolution, but as we've come to expect, I'm sure the producers have some end game in sight.

Really hard to believe there are only three episodes left - for me Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul have been the best TV shows I've ever watched, I'm a super fan. I've even been in Albuquerque and did my own little self-guided Breaking Bad tour - got yelled at by the current owners of Walter White's house lol. It will be pretty strange not to have a story to look forward to from those galaxies.

Well if you aren't a regular watcher of this excellent show, you won't really get it...

But tonight's episode had quite of bit of Husker mentions and talk during the episode...Martinez, Pelini, Osborne, quite the discussions. They did talk about a move to the Big Ten, losing to Texas, Oklahoma State the next week, so the time sequence seems to be around mid-season 2010.

Nothing like some relevant information coming up in your favorite TV show!
Aside from the Husker discussions, I found the episode boring. I guess the takeaway is that after the "Breaking Bad" years he reverted back to his Jimmy ways and that his big crime was duping a couple of Westroads mall security guards with Cinnabons while pulling off a "heist" of Von Maur.

Nit picking here - but the Texas game they were talking about, and the upcoming game against Oklahoma State were in mid-October. I doubt the ground was snow-covered then.

And, Saul makes a reference to Reggie Baul’s 76 yard TD catch against Colorado in ‘95. That was against OSU. Maybe they deliberately had Saul screw that up?

Not sure, I wonder if that is it for Kim or if she makes an appearance towards the end - although for all intents and purposes, her story is wrapped up. That for sure was Carol Burnett and the security mall guy was a main character in "Parks and Rec", as well as some other shows.

I read somewhere that Walt and Jesse do make an appearance in the final few episodes, so looking forward to that.

I will disagree about last night's episode, I thought it was very meh (other than the Neb references, of course). Although after the pace of the previous two episodes, coming down to earth a little was expected. I don't really see how the events of last night's episode really play into Saul/Gene Takavic evolution, but as we've come to expect, I'm sure the producers have some end game in sight.

Really hard to believe there are only three episodes left - for me Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul have been the best TV shows I've ever watched, I'm a super fan. I've even been in Albuquerque and did my own little self-guided Breaking Bad tour - got yelled at by the current owners of Walter White's house lol. It will be pretty strange not to have a story to look forward to from those galaxies.
any episode that mentions dr. tom automatically is good in my book..lol
they must of had this series wrapped up last winter (with the snow)
breaking bad had some slow parts but kept it moving..

the last kingdom series on net flicks was great, and snow fall on fox was ok..
unauthorized living and the pablo escabar narcos on net flicks was ok too..
oh yeah, and ozarks

Last edited:
The 'snow' could not have been easy to pull off in Albuquerque....trees and shrubs had lots of leaves on them, but I can suspend reality for 60 minutes pretty easy.

I think this whole episode of Gene served a purpose for the conclusion of the Saul/Gene timeline. The cabbie who had been stalking him (weird they got a different actor to play the same part) was originally put in to be scary and perhaps Genes gory end. You find out he is nothing more than a small time schmuck that is stupid. Jimmy understood this and figured it out the dude was not some killer that found him. He lures the dude and his accomplice in for a scam. Jimmy shows the dude that HE is always the smartest con artist in the room. It is why Saul was such a great "criminal lawyer". He is always two steps ahead in the game.

This now comes into play with the Kim storyline. Jimmy can't help but be always working an angle even if he is trying to be invisible as Gene. Kim was really good at this game too and that is why they fit together so well. Kim got to the point where she NEEDED to be that and it got Howard killed. She backed away from the game if you will at that point. I believe that Jimmy ended up in Omaha for a reason. He and Kim we will find out have never actually left contact. She has always been behind the scenes. I think the Gene timeline will conclude with Kim appearing at the mall and meeting up with Gene. The two will walk off into the black and white backdrop and it will fade into a vibrant and vivid sunset where the two disappear forever. The ultimate happy ending where Jimmy and Kim once again were two steps ahead of everyone and get another victory. All this will happen after they show bits and pieces in the previous episodes that will go unnoticed until we are shown what they all meant. That is how I think the show ends.

The 'snow' could not have been easy to pull off in Albuquerque....trees and shrubs had lots of leaves on them, but I can suspend reality for 60 minutes pretty easy.
Snow in Albuquerque?
I think this whole episode of Gene served a purpose for the conclusion of the Saul/Gene timeline. The cabbie who had been stalking him (weird they got a different actor to play the same part) was originally put in to be scary and perhaps Genes gory end. You find out he is nothing more than a small time schmuck that is stupid. Jimmy understood this and figured it out the dude was not some killer that found him. He lures the dude and his accomplice in for a scam. Jimmy shows the dude that HE is always the smartest con artist in the room. It is why Saul was such a great "criminal lawyer". He is always two steps ahead in the game.

This now comes into play with the Kim storyline. Jimmy can't help but be always working an angle even if he is trying to be invisible as Gene. Kim was really good at this game too and that is why they fit together so well. Kim got to the point where she NEEDED to be that and it got Howard killed. She backed away from the game if you will at that point. I believe that Jimmy ended up in Omaha for a reason. He and Kim we will find out have never actually left contact. She has always been behind the scenes. I think the Gene timeline will conclude with Kim appearing at the mall and meeting up with Gene. The two will walk off into the black and white backdrop and it will fade into a vibrant and vivid sunset where the two disappear forever. The ultimate happy ending where Jimmy and Kim once again were two steps ahead of everyone and get another victory. All this will happen after they show bits and pieces in the previous episodes that will go unnoticed until we are shown what they all meant. That is how I think the show ends.
This makes perfect sense, I'm pretty sure I saw Kim and Gene eating at the Westroads food court Runza in 2012 or 2013 - before they revamped the mall and created Flagship Commons.

I meant that that these scenes take place in Omaha right after the Texas - Nebraska game in October, 2010. There was snow and Ice on the ground in the show.

Maybe a lot of time passed before and after that initial Husker reference, which could explain the snow. Like I said, nit-picking.

One other thing about last nights "Gene" episode. Carol Burnetts character asks him at the end of the show what ever happened to Nippy. Gene replies that Nippy was fine and was living just a few blocks away at a friendly familys house. I think Nippy is Kim. She is not far from Jimmy and they will have a happy ending as Gene described Nippys story.

One other thing about last nights "Gene" episode. Carol Burnetts character asks him at the end of the show what ever happened to Nippy. Gene replies that Nippy was fine and was living just a few blocks away at a friendly familys house. I think Nippy is Kim. She is not far from Jimmy and they will have a happy ending as Gene described Nippys story.
Very astute deduction...you may very well be right. I was thinking she would be killed off at the start of season 6, so what do I know?

any episode that mentions dr. tom automatically is good in my book..lol
they must of had this series wrapped up last winter (with the snow)
breaking bad had some slow parts but kept it moving..

the last kingdom series on net flicks was great, and snow fall on fox was ok..
unauthorized living and the pablo escabar narcos on net flicks was ok too..
oh yeah, and ozarks
Terminal List is damn good.

I wish I had been smart enough to date someone named "Nippy". Would have been fun to introduce her at family gatherings.

Reactions: cubsker
One additional comment on last nights episode. This episode was Gene/Jimmy/Saul's Keyser Soze moment. He was pulling a scam and got all emotional about his family. He told the security guard that if he died tonight, the world would never know he existed. His landlord would pack his apartment and Cinnabon would hire a new manager that day. He said he would be less than dead. It was as if he was a shadow. He already knows what is going to happen. He is going to disappear with Kim and the world will go on just like the store did after they lost all that expensive clothes. They will never even know where it went. Poof. Gone. You heard it here first. He is Keyser Soze.
and-like-that-hes-gone-the-usual-suspects.gif

Reactions: aNUstart
It would also show how depraved he was if he risked it all (him and Kim) on a small time score of Jordans and Gucci bags.

Reactions: resdog851
It would also show how depraved he was if he risked it all (him and Kim) on a small time score of Jordans and Gucci bags.
I personally think he was hedging his bets. That small time loser was possibly going to turn him in. He immediately went home and turned on his police radio to see if that loser called the cops on him. He didn't. He went full Walter White at that point and you saw it later in the episode. It was his "Say my name" moment. He made the loser cabbie and his buddie repeat back just like he had to in the mall that this was it. It was over. We are done. It was a subtle way to say to the guys he was the shark and they were minnows. It was his Home Depot parking lot moment telling the scary guy to stay out of his territory moment. They could be dead any time he decided if it came to that.

For all we know Kim works at Auntie Annies on Level 2.

Reactions: drubendall
I enjoyed the episode, but it would have been even better if the security guard had insisted that Bo Pelini needs to play the walk-ons more.

One other Kim related note - in some earlier episodes, she wore a KC Royals t-shirt. In the latest episode, Saul had a KC Royals lunch bag.

at the start of the series, he was a greasy lawyer and a few petty crimes...but the last few episodes he was a real dirt bag.. so it was good he came clean, and treated kim with some respect...he may have got alot of time, but I think he got the cushy prison he asked for...lol

at the start of the series, he was a greasy lawyer and a few petty crimes...but the last few episodes he was a real dirt bag.. so it was good he came clean, and treated kim with some respect...he may have got alot of time, but I think he got the cushy prison he asked for...lol
Jimmy didn't exactly get the cushy prison he initially requested. He did save face and finally do the one thing he had never done his whole life. He cleaned up his own mess. He saved Kim. He also went to that horrible prison he asked not to go to and will spend the rest of his days living like a rock star in there. He is David Lee Roth to all them other inmates.

While it was definitely no Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul was a very good series and probably one of TV's best-ever spinoffs.

But, it had run its course. Final season was okay, but I felt like Jimmy/Saul's story was running out of gas.

While it was definitely no Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul was a very good series and probably one of TV's best-ever spinoffs.

But, it had run its course. Final season was okay, but I felt like Jimmy/Saul's story was running out of gas.
Agree, we enjoyed the BCS series very much. But the last BB episode Walt brought Elliot and Gretchen to heel, got Skylar out of trouble, saw his kids for the last time, killed a half dozen people including Lydia Quail, freed Jessie. and died. The BCS episode last night was a let down in comparison.

Reactions: cubsker
BCS was a great show, IMO. I was rooting for Saul to somehow get away with it in the finale. Alas, (Spoiler alert), he finally performed the first and only redeeming act of his life in getting Kim off the hook.

Jesse got away with it...why not Saul???

Was wanting Kim to find something left for her in those law office files and Kim and Jimmy to have had some long running plan to execute at the end there. Instead, he just goes to jail....yawn.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
BCS was a great show, IMO. I was rooting for Saul to somehow get away with it in the finale. Alas, (Spoiler alert), he finally performed the first and only redeeming act of his life in getting Kim off the hook.

Jesse got away with it...why not Saul???
Kim had been off the hook, until she decided to come clean herself. So basically Jimmy stepped in and saved her from herself by (wrongfully) taking all the blame for Howard. I don't think I would have taken the additional 79 years in prison, but that's just me.

I meant that that these scenes take place in Omaha right after the Texas - Nebraska game in October, 2010. There was snow and Ice on the ground in the show.

Maybe a lot of time passed before and after that initial Husker reference, which could explain the snow. Like I said, nit-picking.
just watched this episode last night. thought the snow was strange and looked up the weather that day was a high of 75 and although it did get down below freezing at night later that week it was in the middle of a 2 week time period of 0 precipitation. smh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT