ADVERTISEMENT

Benhart N!!!!!

Rivals dropping the ball again. Look at his offer list. An ESPN top 300 recruit. 65th best overall player ranked on 247 and 10th best OT in the nation and Rivals has a 3 star. Another Henrich reevaluate guys. C'mon. Legit 4 star. Wake up
I won't believe he's underrated until @Husker Du tells me he is overrated.

Reactions: Wannabee8
I think I saw somewhere that Wandale will be an official visitor for the Buckeyes when they play Nebraska.

That could be interesting if Nebraska is really in his final list.
No, Wandale is done with his visits and has made his decision. He's just waiting to announce it on Nov. 1 at 2:30 PM (EST). He choose that date to honor his cousin.

tenor.gif

Just a little info from a Wolverine fan...We tried and tried lol to get him to go blue...We never had a shot...This kid loves Frost..

Great pickup...This kid has the talent to start day 1.
Man I hope this is true, we need impact players on the OL bad! Didn’t he or his dad have some connections to UM?

Reactions: huskerfan66
Big athletic OL is exactly what will take this offense to another level (and it's pretty darn good right now to begin with). Could be a great week ahead for the Big Red recruiting numbers...big, athletic DB/OLB Javin Wright could verbal on Wed. and Mr. Everything APB Wandale Robinson could join him on Thurs. Kids can see the vision and improvement and NU will be right on track to make noise starting in '19 and up from there.

Reactions: dinglefritz
prototypical offensive tackle who's going to start a bunch of games for NU. Maybe the most significant position on your offense other than QB and if a QB doesn't have good tackles he's in trouble.

Really nice pickup for us. Like everyone, we like big OT's that can pass block in today's world, but unlike most teams, we need OT's that can move and block better than most teams' offensive guards, pulling and getting downfield to run block

Benhart is a guy who can do that.

Can he start next year? He has a lot of development to go, but is already a lean 300 lb guy so he has a chance. No pressure, though as this guy can be special so no rush to play him before he's ready

I wouldn't expect him to start immediately, unless he decided to enroll early....but he is a star wrestler so I don't think that happens. Don't forget we have Desmond Bland coming in who will be here for spring practice and has a good chance of starting at guard next year. It would be hard for a true freshman OL to pick this offense up without enrolling early IMO.

Agreed, despite being a critical target for us, starting OL as true frosh is never ideal... plus usually means your team has issues- which we may.

With Benhart N and little Robinson probably N this week, we gotta set our sights on big Robinson (Ty) to complete this trifecta.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Is he a solid commit, or does he change his mind a lot, like some recruits?

You can only weigh 285 and still wrestle...... Is the board ok with this? (Well he could weigh 292 most days and then lose 7lbs of water weight the night before and still make weight)

6ft8 and 290 on a high school wrestling mat. Love that he is a Husker!

Reactions: WHCSC
I wouldn't expect him to start immediately, unless he decided to enroll early....but he is a star wrestler so I don't think that happens. Don't forget we have Desmond Bland coming in who will be here for spring practice and has a good chance of starting at guard next year. It would be hard for a true freshman OL to pick this offense up without enrolling early IMO.
The question is whether he would want to forego his senior wrestling season to get the head start in Spring Ball and be ready to contribute this fall. Certainly could use backup options at tackle next fall. Farniok and Jaimes return as does Boe Wilson. Hopefully Bland takes the other guard spot. Chunky Raridon at Center(?).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT