ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Sasse leaving FL

Just the way you asked that questions speaks volumes.
Listen, I voted for Trump twice and will vote for him again because I’d rather nail my hand to a burning building than vote for a Democrat.

The point I’m making is that with Trump it’s always personal. Frankly, the way he behaved at times during his first day in the White House was beneath the office, with pettiness, vindictiveness and bullying. He seems to have learned some decorum over the last couple of years. But his instincts at times are just baffling. I don’t mind an aggressive and forceful nature, but it is dumb to pick fights and make enemies because of a fragile ego. Better to win some people over instead of creating voters who only want to vote against you, even in spite of how awful the alternative is.

As I remember it, he could not take even a little bit of criticism from Sasse without acting like a big baby, further proving Sasses point. You just don’t need these unforced errors.

He actually is, though. Despite anything Sasse said while in office, he was voting with Trump at all times. Only voted to impeach when he had one foot out the door and needed the PR. Other than that, the practice of running higher eduction like the mob and bilking all of the money out while not doing any actual work was NOT invented by Sasse. It certainly isn't a practice isolated to a political party, that shit's been going on forever all across the spectrum.
Not true. He did NOT vote like that. That's why he didn't run for reelection. He was more than likely getting booted in the primary

Did you read the contracts or know anything about them? Go through their budgets, or just believed an author that seemed really butt hurt about staff not living in Gainesville. The value of their homes was important to this story.
Couldn't be the comprehensive review toward strategic priorities from over 200 campus stakeholders to allocate resources. These are hundreds of millions of dollars. Their athletic department took in another 30 million.
Value of their homes should have ZERO to do with it. I don't care if they're green and from Mars. If they are good at their job that's all that matters. What does the price of their house have anything to do with it other than create jealousy 🤔

Reactions: baseball31ne
Is this a serious question?
New positions are "invented" all the time. If those new positions were an asset & helped UF, then what's the issue?

Many jobs can be done remotely. Why do they have to reside in Florida?

Just because a student newspaper can't find out what these people do, doesn't mean they just getting paid to do nothing. Do people honestly think the University itself doesn't check on these things? Do they believe there's zero oversight on what Ben Sasse does / doesn't do?
University executives are expected to be part of the university community, attend campus events and press the flesh with local machers. Maybe even teach a class or seminar. Back office type work, such as personnel, contracts, and purchasing could be remote. Those people are drones and simply pushing paper. But university administrators are supposed to be campus leaders and it’s pretty damn hard to do that if you’re in Washington DC instead of Gainesville.
Sasse bagged out of his Senate job right after getting reelected. He spent just enough time in Gainesville to pick up a nice chunk of change. Now he’ll do a little teaching down there until he’s off to his next gig. I’m sure his goal is to somehow be the head of the University of Nebraska system.

Reactions: knightwxc5000
Not true. He did NOT vote like that. That's why he didn't run for reelection. He was more than likely getting booted in the primary
He shut his mouth for a period of time when he was running for reelection and he did get reelected. Google says Trump did endorse Ben Sasse for his 2020 reelection.

University executives are expected to be part of the university community, attend campus events and press the flesh with local machers. Maybe even teach a class or seminar. Back office type work, such as personnel, contracts, and purchasing could be remote. Those people are drones and simply pushing paper. But university administrators are supposed to be campus leaders and it’s pretty damn hard to do that if you’re in Washington DC instead of Gainesville.
Sasse bagged out of his Senate job right after getting reelected. He spent just enough time in Gainesville to pick up a nice chunk of change. Now he’ll do a little teaching down there until he’s off to his next gig. I’m sure his goal is to somehow be the head of the University of Nebraska system.
I have a hard time believing that anyone actually cares about university executives being a part of the university community.

I couldn't have cared less before, during or after my time at UNL and I doubt I was in the minority.

I do know this. Ben sasse motor home was at memorial stadium and he he got booed profusely. It couldn't exit fast enough. He was a never Trumper. He was not getting re elected and baled out after he alienated the majority of Nebraska on one side and the deep state in DC/dems who were salivating on the other

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT