ADVERTISEMENT

Being realistic

asteroid87

Walk On
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Looking at it realistically, we as fans have little input into what happens with our head football coach. Unless you are a fan that can donate millions to the university, this is an administrative decision. The concern being what is in the best interest of the long term financial success of the athletic department. Don’t get me wrong I would like nothing more than to be one of the dominant programs again, but how.

Who can we hire that can get this program to that position. All the names getting mentioned have not done that. O’Brien, Franklin, Patterson, Fickell, etc etc have not made their teams into dominant year in year out football programs. In reality Nebraska was blessed with two. It took one 10 years and one 24 years to get where we were happy. Don’t try to blow smoke up peoples ass that all you want is a bowl game or Big Ten west championship to be happy. If you’re like me you’d be happy with the programs being in contention for national championships annually.

Which of the coaches being thrown around has proven he can win like that. To make it harder who has proved it at a university in a state with less than 2 million people. A location with a small group of 4 and 5 star players annually within 500 miles. Being realistic 9-3 10-2 annually won’t be good enough.

I’m glad it’s Trev’s problem. Hopefully he can judge by being on the inside, unlike the media and the fans, where the program truly is. As a fan it looks like we have more talent. So what’s his evaluation, is it personnel, coaching, not enough resources or what. Hopefully he has the confidence to do what is right by what he sees and what interaction he has with people inside the program. He’s in a tough place.

I choose to support who is there until they are not. The media has to do whatever it takes to make money for their organizations and ratings. Be careful in what we ask for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News