ADVERTISEMENT

Beavers 4-4, Huskers 4-5

Washington's offense is not good this year but they pretty much ran it at will. When I watched it was a very slow paced conservative game without as many snaps to defend.

Washington is a good team. They scored at will on Oregon. Washington would Minnesota us. We are in a bad situation and so is Oregon State. We are pretty much the same level of incompetence.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Washington winning a Friday night road game is a good win. Those are tough wins. The PAC is better than last year. Utah and Oregon could sneak in to playoff but I doubt it and I don’t think either could hang with Clemson, Bama, LSU or OSU

Man, I’m pretty excited to see if LSU can throttle down and beat Bama. Wouldn’t that be nice?

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Oregon State just got beat 19-7 at home by a mediocre Washington team. I watched a good chunk of that game and it wasn't as close as the score would seem to indicate. As I posted earlier in this thread, it's likely that Oregon St won't win another game this year.

Washington would mop the floor with Nebraska

Reactions: SW Lincoln Sker
Some posters act like everyone else is amazingly awesome for some odd reason. Oregon State is NOT a good team and would be winless in the Big Ten. And this is not one of the better Washington teams this year.

we are into page 2 of the epic Oregon State (Jonathon Smith) - Nebraska (Scott Frost) debate

let's declare it a stalemate

What’s your take? I like how you get straight to the point

That we are not a good football team. All of our best potential are rs freshman and true freshman. Chin probably needs to go.

But... we are not the worst team in college football as some are saying.

That we are not a good football team. All of our best potential are rs freshman and true freshman. Chin probably needs to go.

But... we are not the worst team in college football as some are saying.

That title belongs to Northwestern

What’s your take? I like how you get straight to the point

Will the Beavers or Huskers make it to six wins this year? I think both will finish 5-7. Anyone who does not see improvement in the Beavs this year is lying to themselves. Their D is years ahead of the past few seasons. Holding the Huskies to under 20 points is quite an accomplishment on a fast track.

Will the Beavers or Huskers make it to six wins this year? I think both will finish 5-7. Anyone who does not see improvement in the Beavs this year is lying to themselves. Their D is years ahead of the past few seasons. Holding the Huskies to under 20 points is quite an accomplishment on a fast track.

I haven’t watched them. Maybe we both go 6-6 and get a bowl game together. That would be entertaining.

We hired Frost thinking he was elite. He has been humbled and has a lot of learning to do. I still think he can be elite one day. Oregon state can be good at best. Nebraska can win the west almost every year if ran correctly
Trust me, Nebr. will not win the west almost every year. Iowa & Wisc. are solid top 25 programs (occasionally top 10), Illinois is improving yearly, Minnesota has passed us now thanks to better coaching, and Purdue will be tough going forward. NW has had a down yr, but Fitz does more with less than any coach in the B1G. We are currently in the bottom 4 of the league (w/Rutgers, Maryland, and NW).

they suck, we suck. Im so tired of people talking about Bo, Cally, Big 12, Riley, blah blah blah. Focus on now and the future. We were average through all of that sh!t. Move on.

Solich, Pelini, and Riley are all laughing.
I doubt that, unlike crappy fans, most coaches respect each other. Most of them got into what they're doing because they love it and most of them would bend over backwards to help someone out.

Some posters act like everyone else is amazingly awesome for some odd reason. Oregon State is NOT a good team and would be winless in the Big Ten. And this is not one of the better Washington teams this year.
They like to get down in the poo and roll around in it. Instead of supporting and being a proud fan in thick or thin, they play the victim. The 'ol woe is me booo hoo my team lost.

The players don't like losing but they're out there the next week busting their asses trying to get better. Win ore lose I support them for that. The fans that cry and mope around can go F themselves for all I care lol.

They like to get down in the poo and roll around in it. Instead of supporting and being a proud fan in thick or thin, they play the victim. The 'ol woe is me booo hoo my team lost.

The players don't like losing but they're out there the next week busting their asses trying to get better. Win ore lose I support them for that. The fans that cry and mope around can go F themselves for all I care lol.

how about simply winning more games than you lose or at least the same number of games you lose as a start. Something that the majority of power 5 schools seem to be able to accomplish.

this is Frosts 4th year as a head coach and barring a miraculous finish he is on track for his 3rd losing season in 4 years and 2nd consecutive losing season at Neb - something that hasn’t occurred in nearly 60 years

how about simply winning more games than you lose or at least the same number of games you lose as a start. Something that the majority of power 5 schools seem to be able to accomplish.

this is Frosts 4th year as a head coach and barring a miraculous finish he is on track for his 3rd losing season in 4 years.
Look on the bright side, if you get your way, the same thing will happen to the next coach.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Bo has one problem...counting all his cash.
Do you really think Bo is satisfied with a big bank account? The first 100 times you justify your failure with an immoral payout might satisfy but eventually it begins to eat you up. Once his kids graduate he is going to be consumed inside with how pathetic his career has turned out. He is one of the most insanely competitive people. I imagine he'll find his way as DC somewhere. Imagine your employer wanting you gone so bad that they will pay you millions to go away. That millions loses its meaning after a while. And Bo aint taking vacations to Paris, or planning trips to space.

Look on the bright side, if you get your way, the same thing will happen to the next coach.

meh — I’m more than fine having Frost finish out the contract and reevaluating. I’m just not going to manufacture scenarios where we compare this job to Oregon State or Wisconsin when Alvarez took over. The list of coaches that could have won 4 games last year and 4-5 in year 2 is very very long. The coaching the last 2 seasons at very best is no better than what we had with Riley and may be worse. Frost has 7 years - hopefully he will figure out what it takes to win in a power 5 conference.

Do you really think Bo is satisfied with a big bank account? The first 100 times you justify your failure with an immoral payout might satisfy but eventually it begins to eat you up. Once his kids graduate he is going to be consumed inside with how pathetic his career has turned out. He is one of the most insanely competitive people. I imagine he'll find his way as DC somewhere. Imagine your employer wanting you gone so bad that they will pay you millions to go away. That millions loses its meaning after a while. And Bo aint taking vacations to Paris, or planning trips to space.

Yes, I believe he is satisfied with his big bank account. I look at it this way, would he (or you) rather have millions or nothing?

I wish my boss would pay me millions to go away, that is the dream, getting paid to not work?

I also think he will be a DC again but because, why not? It isn't a job to them, it is what they love doing.

Has his career really been "pathetic"? Does he have a super bowl ring (not sure if he does) a CFB NC ring, (1 maybe 2?), a few conference championship game appearances and didn't he go to the championship game in whatever division he is in now?

I feel like that is not really "pathetic"

Some of you guys need a life. There are games going on, why are you asting your life posting a bunch of worthless stuff? Good grief.

meh — I’m more than fine having Frost finish out the contract and reevaluating. I’m just not going to manufacture scenarios where we compare this job to Oregon State or Wisconsin when Alvarez took over. The list of coaches that could have won 4 games last year and 4-5 in year 2 is very very long. The coaching the last 2 seasons at very best is no better than what we had with Riley and may be worse. Frost has 7 years - hopefully he will figure out what it takes to win in a power 5 conference.
I didn't manufacture scenarios, comparing what one staff is doing to what another did is pointless. They're all unique.

Shut Up...and go Away....
Wah....wah....someone criticized Frost....wah...wah.....

Think my reply was immature? Good....I was just lowering myself down to your level.

Of course, if you'd like to have a rational, adult discussion about how I'm wrong, I'm in.

You’re a douche bag. Take “Nebraska” out of you sig name, and don’t return. You’re not worthy of having that in your name.

You’re a douche bag. Take “Nebraska” out of you sig name, and don’t return. You’re not worthy of having that in your name.
So I guess that's a "no" on the adult, rational conversation...good to know.

As far as your request.....OK.....I'll get right on that....says no one whenever you demand something.

Last edited:
Those classes were virtually empty not only because of Frost coming in but because the guys that left were poorly vetted for their talent. None of the guys that left have done anything yet at their new teams.
Let's wait until they're done playing before we crown them all busts. Most of them are underclassmen still and have time to prove themselves.

I doubt that, unlike crappy fans, most coaches respect each other. Most of them got into what they're doing because they love it and most of them would bend over backwards to help someone out.
Those coaches are laughing at the boosters and AD that pushed them out. No one said they are laughing at the HC that replaced them.

Solich won 9 games the season he was fired. He really destroyed the program.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
He was fired either a year too early or a year too late depending on one's perspective. With the roster he had left and the way recruiting was going, he was going to have another very tough year like the 7-7 year and very likely a losing season. I'm a Frank fan and I love watching Ohio but he was really struggling to recruit good enough players at the end and it was going to bite him big time. IF he had hired a DC who was a top flight recruiter and draw for big time talent, it might have helped Frank. Instead he hired a knucklehead who hated recruiting and had a brother who drove off the best D line prospect on the board by sleeping with his cousin's wife. I'm still dumbfounded that Tom let Carl back on campus. Tom let Bo rehire a coach that slept with a player's wife. Let that sink in.

Reactions: Sinomatic
He was fired either a year too early or a year too late depending on one's perspective. With the roster he had left and the way recruiting was going, he was going to have another very tough year like the 7-7 year and very likely a losing season. I'm a Frank fan and I love watching Ohio but he was really struggling to recruit good enough players at the end and it was going to bite him big time. IF he had hired a DC who was a top flight recruiter and draw for big time talent, it might have helped Frank. Instead he hired a knucklehead who hated recruiting and had a brother who drove off the best D line prospect on the board by sleeping with his cousin's wife. I'm still dumbfounded that Tom let Carl back on campus. Tom let Bo rehire a coach that slept with a player's wife. Let that sink in.
Gonna need to see a pic of said wife to decide the validity of your stance.

Yes, I believe he is satisfied with his big bank account. I look at it this way, would he (or you) rather have millions or nothing?

I wish my boss would pay me millions to go away, that is the dream, getting paid to not work?

I also think he will be a DC again but because, why not? It isn't a job to them, it is what they love doing.

Has his career really been "pathetic"? Does he have a super bowl ring (not sure if he does) a CFB NC ring, (1 maybe 2?), a few conference championship game appearances and didn't he go to the championship game in whatever division he is in now?

I feel like that is not really "pathetic"
Bo is miserable. He HATES losing and he's losing in the Summit league right now. He's 1-6 in conference and one of the last QBs he faced was named the Summit league offensive player of the week. That QB has not been great all year. I get to see some of YSU's games by accident every now and then. He looks miserable and I'm quite sure he's wondering how the hell he didn't get hired by LSU, FSU, Florida, Ohio State, etc etc. You know, all the schools he had his agent contact while he was still coaching at Nebraska when their jobs came open.

Bo is miserable. He HATES losing and he's losing in the Summit league right now. He's 1-6 in conference and one of the last QBs he faced was named the Summit league offensive player of the week. That QB has not been great all year. I get to see some of YSU's games by accident every now and then. He looks miserable and I'm quite sure he's wondering how the hell he didn't get hired by LSU, FSU, Florida, Ohio State, etc etc. You know, all the schools he had his agent contact while he was still coaching at Nebraska when their jobs came open.

I would be wondering that too, he would kill it at FSU, LSU, Florida and OSU, you know he would, we all know he would.

All those guys hate losing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT