ADVERTISEMENT

HUSKERS vs BEAVERS Thread

I can’t say Beavers here in relation to women sports and not be juvenile about it.😛 But Oregon State toyed with Nebraska that first quarter. Nebraska looked sloppy and out of sync.
I don’t watch much women’s hoops but PAC 12 has some really good teams. Colorado finished 5th or 6th in the league and just took out K-State. Sad day for kitty fans who already had their team playing Iowa next weekend. Oops.

Just tuned in. They're calling a lot of ticky tack fouls on Nebraska.

Imo it's more us being off than OSU being better. It's a shame. One of the sadder performances this year.
It seems Nebraska men's, women's basketball and football is so often a question of our team being off rather than the other team being better. Like the Minnesota football game last fall. We were better, but decided to turn the ball over multiple times.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
I am at a loss to explain what we were trying to do. We didn't get up in the grille of anyone on D and let them rain the 3. At the same time when we were on O, we just spread out and hoped we could get the ball inside to Markowski one on one. Where is the movement and action towards the basket? I get we are not a quick team but neither was OSU. The ladies are much like the men in that if they can get the 3 ball going, that is the game but if they can't, there is a lot of standing around with hands on the hips.

Heard the same bull$&it a couple years ago when Creighton women beat the Clarkeyes in Herkyville city..
If I understand what you are saying, I don't often put forward we were better but: had a bad day, the other team was hot, the refs screwed us, we turned the ball over too much, etc. I'm more of a "your record says what you are" type of guy. But damn, I get so sick of looking better than other teams then giving games away. Anyway, I think the Beavers were the better team today, so the score was about what it should have been. Plus they were at home.

I am at a loss to explain what we were trying to do. We didn't get up in the grille of anyone on D and let them rain the 3. At the same time when we were on O, we just spread out and hoped we could get the ball inside to Markowski one on one. Where is the movement and action towards the basket? I get we are not a quick team but neither was OSU. The ladies are much like the men in that if they can get the 3 ball going, that is the game but if they can't, there is a lot of standing around with hands on the hips.
That’s why I’ve never been a fan of coach Williams

I totally understand.. but Women play the first two rounds on their home court.. 95% on the wins go to the home team so it’s a no brainer that a team like Oregon St only lost 2 home games at home all year.

Reactions: Land Shark7
I totally understand.. but Women play the first two rounds on their home court.. 95% on the wins go to the home team so it’s a no brainer that a team like Oregon St only lost 2 home games at home all year.
Agree. I'm not sure why they give the top seeds such a big advantage. In this game, the ladies shot horribly, no doubt. It also seemed like the Beavers were way more physical. The Huskers were getting beat up. I am still looking forward to next year. I don't think Williams is a bad coach. They just played in the BIG conference championship game and lost a close game there. They need more physical inside players.

Agree. I'm not sure why they give the top seeds such a big advantage. In this game, the ladies shot horribly, no doubt. It also seemed like the Beavers were way more physical. The Huskers were getting beat up. I am still looking forward to next year. I don't think Williams is a bad coach. They just played in the BIG conference championship game and lost a close game there. They need more physical inside players.
It’s to bad you have to play on someone else’s home court. But unfortunately they would not get much of a crowd these first two rounds if they put 8 teams in a neutral site like they do the men.

• Sad
Reactions: MargotDeeper
It’s to bad you have to play on someone else’s home court. But unfortunately they would not get much of a crowd these first two rounds if they put 8 teams in a neutral site like they do the men.
How sweet would it be as the host city for the first rounds at PBA?! It certainly seems like we almost have enough hotels in this city anymore to handle it.

If I understand what you are saying, I don't often put forward we were better but: had a bad day, the other team was hot, the refs screwed us, we turned the ball over too much, etc. I'm more of a "your record says what you are" type of guy. But damn, I get so sick of looking better than other teams then giving games away. Anyway, I think the Beavers were the better team today, so the score was about what it should have been. Plus they were at home.
Doesn't seem fair in the NCAA tourney that teams get a home court advantage. That's a huge advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT