ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft info. QB's

Sounds like the Bears will be featured on this year’s Hard Knocks

Better rattle your tin can at a few intersections to pay for your HBO sub, OP

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: thall_ and HBK4life
strange to hate a team so much that you ensure discussion about them stays at the top of the forum

maybe it's a northerner thing, but do most NFL fans bitterly hate their rivals? It's the same energy as legitimately hating the actor that plays a villain in a movie

I’m not wild about any of the QBs in this draft. I would rather see them go O line and roll with Darnold this year even IF they had a higher pick. I just don’t see McCarthy as a franchise QB. IMO the bears don’t have a choice. They almost had to go QB. Hopefully the Vikings don’t get even more stupid and sell the farm to draft McCarthy. 😕

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
I really hope the Bears are on Hard Knocks. I'm a Bears fan (sorry OP) and while Flus sucks, he's amazingly awkward in press conferences/reporters in general. Outside of Fields running for insane TDs, Flus's pressers have been the most interesting part of the last two seasons (the football certainly hasn't been). My favorite was him answering a reporter's question of 'what did you have up your sleeve' and he responded, 'i don't know, what's up yours'. Just amazing content when the product on the field has sucked.

I don't think this is feasable. Teams ahead of them need a QB to and are in the catbird seat. The amount of draft capital they'd have to give away to get high enough to get him? He better be a home run if they do it.
The Vikings signed a guy IMO who has the chance to be better than ALL of the top draftable QBs this year. He’s got the physical tools and now has several years of experience. I would rather roll with Darnold and draft other much needed pieces. Draft a guy you think will be an all pro left tackle. The Vikings’ biggest issue has been their O line has sucked.

Last edited:
The Vikings signed a guy IMO has the chance to be better than ALL of the top draftable QBs this cycle. He’s got the physical tools and now has several years of experience. I would rather roll with Darnold and draft other much needed pieces. Draft a guy you think will be an all pro left tackle. The Vikings’ biggest issue has been their O line has sucked.
Classic Vikings fan take right there. Lol.

Classic Vikings fan take right there. Lol.
I might take a stab with the second first round pick at Maye if he falls but I just don’t like the available QBs all that much this year. You watch, there’s going to be a guy from some lower tier league or program who ends up being a better NFL QB than the guys at the top of mock drafts.

Stroud was a guy I liked last year but other than him QBs are almost always over drafted by desperate teams. Burrow was a no brainer pick for sure but those kind of guys are the exception. The Bears have to draft their QB. They’ve painted themselves in a corner. Maybe they get lucky. Drafting a rookie QB is rolling the dice in most cases.

I hope the Vikings and Bears keep whiffing on QBs. It's going to be the battle of the Lions and Packers for the division for awhile.
Sad but true. IF Maye falls the Vikings’ best option might be to try to coerce a reverse Herschel Walker deal out of the Cowboys for Dak. 🤔

The Vikings are stuck in mediocrity purgatory due to Cousins’ previous contract. Draft O line and maybe suck bad enough next year to tank for the next First pick QB savior next year.

Reactions: HBK4life
I firmly believe Caleb Williams should pull an Elway or Eli Manning by declaring he will not go to Chicago. The Bears are a mess. I can't think of one quarterback other than maybe Jim McMahon who remained relevant for 5 or more years as the Bears starting quarterback. He will take a hit by Bears' fans for doing this and maybe some diehard traditionalists, but playing for the Bears could do some permanent damage to his career.

Reactions: HBK4life
I firmly believe Caleb Williams should pull an Elway or Eli Manning by declaring he will not go to Chicago. The Bears are a mess. I can't think of one quarterback other than maybe Jim McMahon who remained relevant for 5 or more years as the Bears starting quarterback. He will take a hit by Bears' fans for doing this and maybe some diehard traditionalists, but playing for the Bears could do some permanent damage to his career.
Da Bears have a good roster. It’s probably one of the more attractive places to go for a rookie.

Unless you're a QB. They have a real, real bad history of shit QB's.
The consensus though now is that they might have the offensive staff right now. I’m not sure what other Qb needy team he would want to go to. Nobody would be willing to pay the price to get him.

Reactions: king_kong_
he says while running a thread with the sole purpose of getting his attention

you're better at playing forum janitor than insults
michaelslewd.gif

Da Bears have a good roster. It’s probably one of the more attractive places to go for a rookie.
I think it is a deeper problem than the state of the roster. When teams are perpetually bad it is a usually a result of bad ownership. Just look at the revolving door of head coaches the Bears have had over the years. The Bears will have to prove to me that they are legit before I consider them anything more than just a bad team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT