ADVERTISEMENT

Bears making a huge mistake.

no. everyone in here is an emotional intolerant snowflake.

logic is not welcome here and will be mocked by the groupthink warriors.
We're just trying to help. The Bears haven't had a Pro Bowl QB in like 40 years. As a Packer fan it's honestly getting boring beating you guys every year. Caleb like any rookie QB needs Live game reps.

Reactions: baseball31ne
It's a legit question. One series at least for the rookie. But good to see you're not getting overly emotional anymore. Carry on.
I feel bad for you girls.

Imagine spending even one second thinking about this?

Couldn’t be me.

Looking forward to your Hard Knocks hot takes!

I spent as much time thinking about this as you did worrying about when J. Love would sign and for how much.
I wasn’t worrying I was laughing at your premature ejaculation and his subsequent shakedown of the lamest org in sports

Big difference

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
Tim couch pokes his head in.

How dare people think they know more than scouts.
Aaron Rodgers just got back from another one of his silent retreats, and is considering another crack at his run for VP.

First Ballot HOF for sure.

Edit: Sorry real quick... are we saying that Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf painted their nails? Or just generally, you're making the (super-intelligent) point that scouts aren't 100% correct? I'm failing to understand why Caleb will be a bust because there have been other busts... unless they all painted their nails in which case you alone might've cracked the code.

Last edited:
Aaron Rodgers just got back from another one of his silent retreats, and is considering another crack at his run for VP.

Edit: Sorry real quick... are we saying that Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf painted their nails? Or just generally, you're making the (super-intelligent) point that scouts aren't 100% correct? I'm failing to understand why Caleb will be a bust because there have been other busts... unless they all painted their nails in which case you alone might've cracked the code.
Weird take… I’m pretty sure those posts were simply to say that being the first pick in the draft doesn’t guarantee success. I don’t see anyone saying he will automatically be a bust except you painting them that way.

Posters believe Williams should play for a bit in the HOF game. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can explain to ya, but I can't understand it for ya.

Weird take… I’m pretty sure those posts were simply to say that being the first pick in the draft doesn’t guarantee success. I don’t see anyone saying he will automatically be a bust except you painting them that way.

Posters believe Williams should play for a bit in the HOF game. Nothing more, nothing less.
That was pretty complex. He's luck you were here to Sherlock Holmes that for him 😉

Reactions: timnsun
I don’t see anyone saying he will automatically be a bust except you painting them that way.
here is the 2nd sentence of the very first post in this thread:

Williams is going to be the biggest bust in NFL history.

You may not have seen it, but it’s there

In the last 10 years, the only QB of note to play in the Hall of Fame game was Lamar Jackson in 2018. That was his rookie year when he was the 32nd pick and people weren't sure whether he'd make it in the league as a QB or not or whether he'd be better suited as a WR.

Based on recent league history, the Bears are doing what everyone else does and not risking Williams getting hurt behind an even crappier than usual offensive line.

Reactions: king_kong_
In the last 10 years, the only QB of note to play in the Hall of Fame game was Lamar Jackson in 2018. That was his rookie year when he was the 32nd pick and people weren't sure whether he'd make it in the league as a QB or not or whether he'd be better suited as a WR.

Based on recent league history, the Bears are doing what everyone else does and not risking Williams getting hurt behind an even crappier than usual offensive line.
Common sense

These bleating sheep should try it sometime

Just missing the boat on all accounts. As was pointed out already, the first post in this thread was about him being the biggest bust in history.

As has been stated before, there hasn't been tangible evidence presented on why he'll be a bust. 'Those posts' were listing people who are busts, and as I made fun of in my response, I understand that being drafted high doesn't guarantee he WON'T be a bust. I was sarcastically hoping he was making a more useful point that WHY they were busts is somehow related to Caleb's nail painting. Of course it's not that, but those posts were so ineffective they deserved satire.

My point, and it's subtle here, so listen up, is that in lieu of any actual points outlining why he's a bad pick (other than, again, he paints his nails) then I say we should defer to draft talent evaluations who are, more often than not, correct in their assessments. I am not guaranteeing anything, but I suspect on average draft evaluators know more than people here. And opinions are cool, and WANTING something to happen is also cool. People can want him to fail, because the nail thing makes them feel funny inside or because they are Packers fans who can't evaluate the Bears without emotion.

It's exceedingly simple... if the people thinking he'll be a bust can point to some 'football stuff' as to why, then I'm game to listen to naysayers. I encourage you to re-read the thread and see how it played out. Did you read this post, my first entry into thread? As always, looking forward to a well-reasoned reply that moves the conversation forward.

Is there room in here somewhere for someone that dislikes the bears but thinks Caleb Williams could be good?

I mean, I hope he’s a huge bust but I certainly don’t think he will be. Ideally he outperforms the bears, is betrayed by defense or sp in a few post-season trips, goes FA after 4-5 seasons, and wins at his next stop.

People thinking he’ll be a bust have trouble deciding the difference between what they want to happen (because he paints his nails) and what they they think will happen (because of every shred of tangible football evidence thus far).

Or maybe you know more that every NFL scout. That’s probably it. Nm.

I can explain to ya, but I can't understand it for ya.
Have you considered just taking the L and moving on? I'll keep trying to explain it to ya as well... I didn't think it's that hard but I won't give up. I want to see how remedial you need it. I feel like my last post really made it simple, but I bet this isn't over knowing how difficult it's been to get you to even this point.

Common sense

These bleating sheep should try it sometime
I read where the Bears are not playing any starters .Why then would you put your No1 pick QB out there? I agree with you 2 seems like a lack of Common sense in these posts.

Have you considered just taking the L and moving on? I'll keep trying to explain it to ya as well... I didn't think it's that hard but I won't give up. I want to see how remedial you need it. I feel like my last post really made it simple, but I bet this isn't over knowing how difficult it's been to get you to even this point.
there is no explaining away the snowflakery that Williams invokes in some

should he enjoy NFL success, these same people will look just like this:

7xzpmv.gif

there is no explaining away the snowflakery that Williams invokes in some

should he enjoy NFL success, these same people will look just like this:

7xzpmv.gif
I don't identify as a Packer fan but them willing/hoping/campaigning for CW to be a bust has to be a good sign if you are a Bears fan? It's clear there was an agenda from the outset, I was just hoping to point out that you can hope he's a bust but you lose a little credibility as a football fan if you can't evaluate his talent without bias.

I don't want the Bears to succeed, and I'll root for the Pack over them every time. But I can separate that emotion from what CW has shown, and what sometimes-wrong-but-often-right third parties have done. I would bet on CW NOT being a bust, let alone the biggest bust in history. Sheesh message board debates are hard, I must say. There's no intellect barrier to entry and everyone gets an equal seat at the conversation. Fun though.

here is the 2nd sentence of the very first post in this thread:

Williams is going to be the biggest bust in NFL history.

You may not have seen it, but it’s there
Just missing the boat on all accounts. As was pointed out already, the first post in this thread was about him being the biggest bust in history.

As has been stated before, there hasn't been tangible evidence presented on why he'll be a bust. 'Those posts' were listing people who are busts, and as I made fun of in my response, I understand that being drafted high doesn't guarantee he WON'T be a bust. I was sarcastically hoping he was making a more useful point that WHY they were busts is somehow related to Caleb's nail painting. Of course it's not that, but those posts were so ineffective they deserved satire.

My point, and it's subtle here, so listen up, is that in lieu of any actual points outlining why he's a bad pick (other than, again, he paints his nails) then I say we should defer to draft talent evaluations who are, more often than not, correct in their assessments. I am not guaranteeing anything, but I suspect on average draft evaluators know more than people here. And opinions are cool, and WANTING something to happen is also cool. People can want him to fail, because the nail thing makes them feel funny inside or because they are Packers fans who can't evaluate the Bears without emotion.

It's exceedingly simple... if the people thinking he'll be a bust can point to some 'football stuff' as to why, then I'm game to listen to naysayers. I encourage you to re-read the thread and see how it played out. Did you read this post, my first entry into thread? As always, looking forward to a well-reasoned reply that moves the conversation forward.
fair enough… correct, I didn’t go back to the first post, just picked it up here near the end.

Mea culpa.

Reactions: king_kong_
My opinion is that he’ll be really good, but there are a couple red flags. However, they are football related and don’t have to do with the way he dresses or what he does with his nails.

I do generally root against the Bears and the Cowboys because of how much fun it is talking crap to friends/fans.

My opinion is that he’ll be really good, but there are a couple red flags. However, they are football related and don’t have to do with the way he dresses or what he does with his nails.

I do generally root against the Bears and the Cowboys because of how much fun it is talking crap to friends/fans.

I'm a Bears fan and think it's totally fair to have questions about Caleb Williams or any rookie QB, regardless of where they're picked. My biggest concerns are him holding the ball too long (which results in strip sack fumbles, he's had several in camp so far), being overly-aggressive seeking big plays and his height. Holding the ball long or big play hunting can work at times in college but it's a hell of a lot harder to be successful playing like that in the pros.

I wish I would have thought of the "I know you are but what am I" comeback. Truly brilliant.

I got a G on the da Bears over 8.5 wins, predicting 10-7 and a wild card:
vs Tennessee - Win
@Houston - Loss
@Indianapolis - Win
vs Los Angeles - Win
vs Carolina - Win
vs Jacksonville - Win
@Washington - Win
@Arizona - Win
vs New England - Win
vs Green Bay - Loss
vs Minnesota - Win