ADVERTISEMENT

Bears backup QB

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Looks much better than Fields. Undrafted free agent rookie that don’t remember hearing of before today Played at D2 Shepherd. Just sayin. QBs don’t have to be 4 or 5 star rated recruits to play at a high level. Just have to find the right guy. Bagent has a nice arm and seems to be able to find and deliver the ball to the right guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dean Pope and WHCSC
In a lifetime
Made of memories
I believe
In destiny
Every moment returns again in time
When I've got the future on my mind
Know that you'll be the only one
Meet me halfway
Across the sky
Out where the world belongs
To only you and I
Meet me halfway
Across the sky
Make this a new beginning of another life

• Haha
Reactions: mgbreis and timnsun
In a lifetime
Made of memories
I believe
In destiny
Meet me halfway
Across the sky
To only you and I
Meet me halfway
Across the sky
If you wanted a great soundtrack song in the 80's you went to Kenny Loggins. Caddyshack, Footloose, Over the Top, Top Gun.

Reactions: timnsun
Looks much better than Fields. I drafted free agent rookie that don’t remember hearing of before today Played at D2 Shepherd. Just sayin. QBs don’t have to be 4 or 5 star rated recruits to play at a high level. Just have to find the right guy. Bagent has a nice arm and seems to be able to find and deliver the ball to the right guys.

same guy who just wrote this

Considering where we’re at with our QB room of course we need him now. We signed a project and OSU and Michigan were signing 4-5 star QBs with stellar resumes.

What were Haarberg’s other offers again?

which is it, OP?

same guy who just wrote this

which is it, OP?
So my stalker is back at it. Both is the correct answer. Zero stars are fine if they can complete passes and run an offense effectively. Top QBs would be great too if they live up to their billing. I have posted multiple times every year for probably 10 years that QB recruiting is a crap shoot. Show me you can do it and I don’t care what the star ranking is. So far I’m underwhelmed by your love child’s passing.

So there the Bears rookie UDFA carved up the Vikings until he couldn’t step in to a deep throw so it ended up under thrown and picked. He played at Shepherd but showed in practice that he was better that a multi-year NFL player. I’ll take him. Compare his work against an NFL secondary to what we’ve seen from any of our QBs.

Reactions: Anegada1
So my stalker is back at it. Both is the correct answer. Zero stars are fine if they can complete passes and run an offense effectively. Top QBs would be great too if they live up to their billing. I have posted multiple times every year for probably 10 years that QB recruiting is a crap shoot. Show me you can do it and I don’t care what the star ranking is. So far I’m underwhelmed by your love child’s passing.

So there the Bears rookie UDFA carved up the Vikings until he couldn’t step in to a deep throw so it ended up under thrown and picked. He played at Shepherd but showed in practice that he was better that a multi-year NFL player. I’ll take him. Compare his work against an NFL secondary to what we’ve seen from any of our QBs.
10-14, 83 yards, INT & FumL today for Badget.

something about QBs who put up minimal yards/attempt and turn the ball over really appeals to you

he's cheaper than a multi-year player in a year where cap space is being positioned for the future. that's why he's on the team.

He showed the ability to go through his reads, make the right choices and until that last pass under pressure to hit receivers. I was very impressed considering it was his first outing. Again. He played at SHEPHERD. Who the hell has heard of that school?

In a lifetime
Made of memories
I believe
In destiny
Meet me halfway
Across the sky
To only you and I
Meet me halfway
Across the sky

He showed the ability to go through his reads, make the right choices and until that last pass under pressure to hit receivers. I was very impressed considering it was his first outing. Again. He played at SHEPHERD. Who the hell has heard of that school?
he's the all-time leading passer in D2 history

I'd hope he can get through his reads

he's the all-time leading passer in D2 history

I'd hope he can get through his reads
Yep! Totally agree!! As long as he doesn’t have a bean for a brain. With that many reps, it’s just about hitting the open, less defended receiver, even with a straw arm.

Reactions: king_kong_
He threw a duck to DJ. Very poor throw. The running lanes opened more when Fields went down so he was able to hit some outs. His best throw DJ bailed him out. But Bagent isn’t better than Justin Fields. not even close.

He threw a duck to DJ. Very poor throw. The running lanes opened more when Fields went down so he was able to hit some outs. His best throw DJ bailed him out. But Bagent isn’t better than Justin Fields. not even close.
He threw a duck because the pocket collapsed on him and he couldn’t step in to that throw. At least he made the right read. He just didn’t get the ball off. It was his first NFL action.

He threw a duck because the pocket collapsed on him and he couldn’t step in to that throw. At least he made the right read. He just didn’t get the ball off. It was his first NFL action.
benefit of the doubt for a very experienced passer in first NFL action

zero benefit of the doubt for a very inexperienced passer in his first FBS action

checks out

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Maybe the Vikings should pick up Bagent once they finally move on from Captain Checkdown.

Although the MN offense put up 12 points yesterday, so maybe a bonus is in order.

benefit of the doubt for a very experienced passer in first NFL action

zero benefit of the doubt for a very inexperienced passer in his first FBS action

checks out
He played at Shepherd college. “Very experienced NFL passer”. 😂. You’re a hoot.

He played at Shepherd college. “Very experienced NFL passer”. 😂. You’re a hoot.
I didn't say "very experienced NFL passer", I said "very experienced passer".

nobody's ever thrown for more yards than Bagent in D2 history.

learn to read, hypocrite

Maybe the Vikings should pick up Bagent once they finally move on from Captain Checkdown.

Although the MN offense put up 12 points yesterday, so maybe a bonus is in order.
Minnesota doesn’t need a QB. Da Bears do. There’s a reason the Bears released an experienced guy to keep this rookie and it wasn’t salary. I’m not a huge Cousins fan and have bitched about him plenty, BUT it’s pretty hard to discount the passing numbers he’s putting up. Tough to blame Cousins for Teflon hands Hockenson. The Vike’s GM is awful.

In a lifetime
Made of memories
I believe
In destiny
Meet me halfway
Across the sky
To only you and I
Meet me halfway
Across the sky

Danger Zone Someone GIF

Reactions: dinglefritz
I didn't say "very experienced NFL passer", I said "very experienced passer".

nobody's ever thrown for more yards than Badget in D2 history.

learn to read, hypocrite
Shepherd college. Stalker. He played at a tiny D2 school

Shepherd college. Stalker. He played at a tiny D2 school
and threw for more yards than anyone in the history of D2 football

guess what - he got a lot better from his first year to his last

tiny D2 school earns benefit of the doubt. tiny C1 school does not.

checks out, Dinglefauc

The Bears will probably sit Fields and play this guy (WTF is his first name? Anyone?) so they can once again tank in hopes of drafting their next bust at QB.

The Bears will probably sit Fields and play this guy (WTF is his first name? Anyone?) so they can once again tank in hopes of drafting their next bust at QB.
Tyson

and they don't need to sit Fields to tank 😂

Tyson

and they don't need to sit Fields to tank 😂
Admittedly not paying close attention, but hadn't Field looks considerably better in recent weeks? The last thing they want him to do is look good enough to give a glimmer of hope. Doesn't matter who plays QB because they're bringing Nebraska-levels of skill to the WR positions. Outside of DJ Moore.

and threw for more yards than anyone in the history of D2 football

guess what - he got a lot better from his first year to his last

tiny D2 school earns benefit of the doubt. tiny C1 school does not.

checks out, Dinglefauc
And Heinrich has been practicing as a P5 QB for 3 years now. It’s hilarious that you bring up Heinrich in a thread about an NFL QB. Out of the blue just in time for Halloween comes “The Stalker”.

• Haha
And Heinrich has been practicing as a P5 QB for 3 years now. It’s hilarious that you bring up Heinrich in a thread about an NFL QB. Out of the blue just in time for Halloween comes “The Stalker”.
do you know how many reps a 5th stringer gets in Frost's practices?

ZERO

this thread is a perfect example of your passive aggressive junior high girl bs, DingleFauc

you know it, I know it, everyone knows it

Admittedly not paying close attention, but hadn't Field looks considerably better in recent weeks? The last thing they want him to do is look good enough to give a glimmer of hope. Doesn't matter who plays QB because they're bringing Nebraska-levels of skill to the WR positions. Outside of DJ Moore.
not really

played well against a banged up Commies team on a thurs night. he's something like 1-13 in his last 14 starts.

it's delightful that at the time DingleFauc posted this hypocritical passive aggressive BS about Bagent "carving up" the Vikes' secondary (83 yards, 2 turnovers), the vet the Bears cut to save $2M (PJ Walker) was putting the finishing touches on his team's improbable victory over the 49ers

not really

played well against a banged up Commies team on a thurs night. he's something like 1-13 in his last 14 starts.

it's delightful that at the time DingleFauc posted this hypocritical passive aggressive BS about Bagent "carving up" the Vikes' secondary (83 yards, 2 turnovers), the vet the Bears cut to save $2M (PJ Walker) was putting the finishing touches on his team's improbable victory over the 49ers
Let’s count how many times “The Stalker” crashes threads with comments about Hasrberg.

Let’s count how many times “The Stalker” crashes threads with comments about Hasrberg.
LOL you really don’t want to be the guy trying to keep receipts when it comes to this board. This whole Kong/Haarberg thing would’ve been put to bed weeks ago if you had it within you to say “I was wrong about Haarberg.” Instead you spend every post damning him with faint praise or backhanded compliments. And Kong keeps you going because he knows you’ll just keep doubling down.

• Love
LOL you really don’t want to be the guy trying to keep receipts when it comes to this board. This whole Kong/Haarberg thing would’ve been put to bed weeks ago if you had it within you to say “I was wrong about Haarberg.” Instead you spend every post damning him with faint praise or backhanded compliments. And Kong keeps you going because he knows you’ll just keep doubling down.
OK. I was wrong that Haarberg wouldn’t play. At that time Thompson was still here and Haarberg was 5th team behind a walk on. Synek was a much better passer than Sims or Haarberg. Who knew Thompson would leave, Sims would suck and then get injured. The question now is SHOULD Haarberg be a P5 starting QB? Only a handful of people on this board think he’s what we need longer term.

LOL if you think any post was going to slow down The Stalker’s obsession with Haarberg and anybody who critiques his passing.

• Haha
OK. I was wrong that Haarberg wouldn’t play. At that time Thompson was still here and Haarberg was 5th team behind a walk on. Synek was a much better passer than Sims or Haarberg. Who knew Thompson would leave, Sims would suck and then get injured. The question now is SHOULD Haarberg be a P5 starting QB? Only a handful of people on this board think he’s what we need longer term.
the people wishing for a portal QB to come in and instantly be better are delusional.

Rhule's college successes have followed this exact model.

this is exactly what everyone wanted when we hired him.

HH and our team get better each week. fun group to root for. can't wait to see what he becomes. we will go as far as he takes us & then hand the program off to someone else in 2026 to keep climbing.

OK. I was wrong that Haarberg wouldn’t play. At that time Thompson was still here and Haarberg was 5th team behind a walk on
You said he wouldn't play during the Spring Game when he was listed #2 on the first depth chart Rhule released, so this is a lie.

still, this is significant growth. thanks, DingleFauc!

the people wishing for a portal QB to come in and instantly be better are delusional.

Rhule's college successes have followed this exact model.

this is exactly what everyone wanted when we hired him.

HH and our team get better each week. fun group to root for. can't wait to see what he becomes. we will go as far as he takes us & then hand the program off to someone else in 2026 to keep climbing.
I can agree that it might be tough to land a good portal QB. We need to recruit a better passer/dual threat guy. Maybe we could poach an FCS guy with proven talent but I think it would be tough to land guys like Texas, USC and Washington have.

I can agree that it might be tough to land a good portal QB. We need to recruit a better passer/dual threat guy. Maybe we could poach an FCS guy with proven talent but I think it would be tough to land guys like Texas, USC and Washington have.
QB room is going to look identical next year with one addition (DK)

only chance we have to add a portal QB is if chubba retires from football or leaves for a lower level where he can be immediately eligible

otherwise, it's full with 4 scholarship QBs. Sims isn't going anywhere and Haarberg will be the incumbent starter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT