ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball regional. Headed to Stillwater!!

I guess it is easy to bag on teachers and coaches for not helping kids learn much. But thinking back on my K-12 and college education, the teachers and coaches were just like other professions I encountered later in life....a few brilliant, some very good and the rest average or marginal. You know, like your standard bell curve. I remember some teachers/professors really helped me learn the material well and were inspirational or at least motivational. The rest of them blend into the murky ether of my memory. Not that they were not hardworking, passionate and earnest about their work, they just didn't have "it" like the really good ones did. It is unrealistic to expect everyone in every profession to be top notch.
Impossible!!!

Each teacher you ever had was evil and did not help you and the ones you don't really remember were even worse.

I guess it is easy to bag on teachers and coaches for not helping kids learn much. But thinking back on my K-12 and college education, the teachers and coaches were just like other professions I encountered later in life....a few brilliant, some very good and the rest average or marginal. You know, like your standard bell curve. I remember some teachers/professors really helped me learn the material well and were inspirational or at least motivational. The rest of them blend into the murky ether of my memory. Not that they were not hardworking, passionate and earnest about their work, they just didn't have "it" like the really good ones did. It is unrealistic to expect everyone in every profession to be top notch.
I'll consistently "bag" on teachers since I can only recall one excellent "TEACHER" the entire time I spent in school. The rest just spewed the curriculum out of the outline of someone else's thought product.

• Haha
Reactions: DelusionalHawkeye
I will never forget that!

Just please, don't post some loooooong winded post about a teacher you had 60 years that did XYZ and you stood up to him/her and changed the world!

Deal?
Fair enough, when you quit the long winded exposes' on all the women you banged along the way and how you changed the world.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You guys sniff these dorks out better than I do...

So what is the story? They are Iowa fans posting as NU fans that slip up every now and then???
It's the same moron that has created over 80 accounts to talk shit. Easy to spot. Creates username 5 min ago. First post is talking shit. Total nut job. Banned. Rinse and repeat every week. @sklarbodds knows him well.😂

Last edited:
Fair enough, when you quit the long winded exposes' on all the women you banged along the way and how you changed the world.
Ehhhh, you got me mixed up with someone else. I am pretty much a virgin (trust me, the few times I have had sex, it would be hard to consider it actual sex) and I never have said I change the world.

Ehhhh, you got me mixed up with someone else. I am pretty much a virgin (trust me, the few times I have had sex, it would be hard to consider it actual sex) and I never have said I change the world.
Then show me where I ever said I changed the world? I'll wait.

I'll consistently "bag" on teachers since I can only recall one excellent "TEACHER" the entire time I spent in school. The rest just spewed the curriculum out of the outline of someone else's thought product.
Wait, you wanted them to do their own thing?

This is the exact opposite of what most people want! Most freak the **** out when a teacher talks about their marriage or kids or their feelings or beliefs.

I appreciate that! Thank you!

Wait, you wanted them to do their own thing?

This is the exact opposite of what most people want! Most freak the **** out when a teacher talks about their marriage or kids or their feelings or beliefs.

I appreciate that! Thank you!
Luckily, I'm not most people. A teacher shouldn't talk about their marriage or their feelings, and as whack as some teachers are now, (the minority) have some fvcked up beliefs anyway.

We all know the educational system is out of whack as a result of a lot of reasons. So many aspects of education have been hijacked, that make it impossible to actually teach things that are important.

Reactions: JOHNNY N and BTF69
The BIG is nothing more than an average mid major conference in baseball and probably won't change anytime soon. With that said, Nebraska has the facilities and fan support that they should be able to build a program that is the cream of the crop in the BIG and can compete for Omaha in some years.

Another year of zero big ten teams in Omaha
There has been a big ten team in the college World Series (final 8) just 3 times in the last 36 years (less than once a decade)
This year zero big ten teams could even make it past game 5 of a regional meaning none finished in the top 2 of a region (the top 32 teams in the tourney)

All 3 big ten teams were eliminated in game 5. They were eliminated by a Missouri Valley conf team, a sunbelt team, and a team that went 13-17 in the SEC.

There are currently 10 mid major teams playing in game 6 of their region with a chance to advance to a super regional. None are from the BIG

Not sure that the big can even be considered a midmajor.
forget Omaha

another national tourney with nary a B1G team in the sweet 16

Huskers had a good season. keep winning our D2 conference and maybe get hot in someone else's park for a couple weeks.

on to football season!

forget Omaha

another national tourney with nary a B1G team in the sweet 16

Huskers had a good season. keep winning our D2 conference and maybe get hot in someone else's park for a couple weeks.

on to football season!
The interesting part is if we would have won a few more non conference ( 1 Creighton 1kansas and South Dakota State) we likely would have been hosting a regional.

The interesting part is if we would have won a few more non conference ( 1 Creighton 1kansas and South Dakota State) we likely would have been hosting a regional.
That would have helped us immensely but I’m still not convinced this team had it needed to advance. Fun year though and I’m glad I got to watch and listen to their games. Entertaining albeit frustrating at times.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
That would have helped us immensely but I’m still not convinced this team had it needed to advance. Fun year though and I’m glad I got to watch and listen to their games. Entertaining albeit frustrating at times.
Yeah, I'm going to celebrate a successful year. I view it as an improvement over the last year. We won the B1G. We made the tournament. Sure, I wanted more. And I'm disappointed. It was nice to win a lot of series this year. Then there was the mid-week games. Who could forget that! Here's to better recruiting. Maybe we'll get some pitching depth. How is our NIL in baseball?

Yeah, I'm going to celebrate a successful year. I view it as an improvement over the last year. We won the B1G. We made the tournament. Sure, I wanted more. And I'm disappointed. It was nice to win a lot of series this year. Then there was the mid-week games. Who could forget that! Here's to better recruiting. Maybe we'll get some pitching depth. How is our NIL in baseball?
Someone posted we're below ia

the best pitcher at WSU, Tommy LaPour, is in the portal...he's the deal....
the problem is competing with MLB signing bonuses for stud pitchers. I doubt we can do that but have no idea for sure. I think for NU to get to Omaha it is going to have to be one of those years where a couple of lightly recruited pitchers and hitters develop beyond expectations.

There’s just so many variables that go in to having a great college baseball season that I’m never going to expect more than what we got this year. Hope for yes. Expect no.

the problem is competing with MLB signing bonuses for stud pitchers. I doubt we can do that but have no idea for sure. I think for NU to get to Omaha it is going to have to be one of those years where a couple of lightly recruited pitchers and hitters develop beyond expectations.

There’s just so many variables that go in to having a great college baseball season that I’m never going to expect more than what we got this year. Hope for yes. Expect no.
I believe he is subject to the 3-year D1 detention period, and thus cannot go pro until at least 2026 because he signed with WSU out of high school

the best high school baseball players have never gone to 4-year schools because of this rule and generally never will

Reactions: leodisflowers

With Tommy LaPour you wouldn’t have to worry about a MLB signing bonus for at least two years, he just completed his freshman season.

Ah come here last week and like 1,000 people (well okay, it was one), told me Florida weren’t no good!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT