ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball regional. Headed to Stillwater!!

Projections had Nebraska playing Evansville in the first game. You MAY consider holding back Sears against a midmajor, but definitely not an SEC team, even one that some of the experts were arguing could have easily been left out. Also, OSU's stadium is a joke, one of the least pitcher-friendly parks anywhere.
Florida hit 119 HRs, 1 out of every 5 of their hits is a HR. They swing for the fences.

Serious? Florida wins 40 plus if they play in any other league in the country. Nebraska will be hard pressed to win the first game. Honestly it's a terrible draw.
FL lost 7 or their last 8 series. They got swept by Missouri 🤣🤣🤣. They have gotten beat by the likes of Stetson, ST Mary’s and Jacksonville.

FL has a team era of 6.27 #164 in the country.

FL lost 7 or their last 8 series. They got swept by Missouri 🤣🤣🤣. They have gotten beat by the likes of Stetson, ST Mary’s and Jacksonville.

Right!

They were preseason #4... but guess what that is the only reason they are in the Tournament and why their RPI is so high. It is really hard to have a bad RPI when your league starts the season as the number 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13 and just to not look homerish 15 instead 14 teams in the country they aren't sniffing the tournament

To be fair I agree that the SEC is definitely a better conference than the Big 10 by quite a bit, but no way should a team that goes 28-27 be allowed into the tournament. They went 15-10 against teams outside the SEC. They struggled this year, and IMO not deserving

Reactions: 10Trvln and V-Doub
Some Team Stat Comparisons

Team ERA: NU #23 (4.40), FL #164 (6.27)

Team Whip: NU #7 (1.26) FL #119 (1.56)

Team Batting Avg: NU#94(.289) FL #184 (.272)

HR per game: FL #7 (2.11), NU #144 (1.12)

On Base % - NU #108, FL #160

Florida’s probably much better than their record, but I have no complaints. Huskers’ draw is tough but fair, in my book.
Gators finished the season
Home Tennessee 1-2 beat S.Florida during the week
Home Kentucky 1-2
Away Georgia 2-1
SEC tournament lost to Vandy

Lost most their series with Arkansas and So Carolina.

Granted their record is 28-27 and their RPI is 29th. Mizzou did sweep them.

Does the big 10 still handicap its teams. I remember they limited oversigning and scholarships before. Not sure if nil changed that.

If they get 2 homeruns against Sears we could be in trouble
Sears has given some solo shots early in games recently. No big deal if just a couple solo bombs especially in a tiny stadium like the cowboy’s.

What’s interesting is the gators hit a lot of home runs but rank #133 in runs scored per game.

Reactions: V-Doub

Florida took 2 out of 3 against Texas A&M, LSU, Georgia, and Mississippi St.

Florida had 31 games against quad 1 opponents while Nebraska had 4. Florida's schedule makes Nebraska's look like a high school schedule. Again, this will be one of the toughest games Nebraska has played all year period.

Florida took 2 out of 3 against Texas A&M, LSU, Georgia, and Mississippi St.

Florida had 31 games against quad 1 opponents while Nebraska had 4. Florida's schedule makes Nebraska's look like a high school schedule. Again, this will be one of the toughest games Nebraska has played all year period.
Yeah FL was pretty hot at the beginning of the year but they are ice cold right now. They have that one stud who hits a bunch of hrs and their best pitcher as well. What a two way player

Caglione is not their best pitcher, if that is who you are referring to. Much better hitter than pitcher

The beer and food you buy at the bar will be the same price as a 6 month subscription to plus

3hr game is 6 beers and a meal... probably $50ish
Yeah I know. Just lame it’s a ppv game. Don’t mind buying the B1G package but this is the ncaa tourney … do better espn

Yeah I know. Just lame it’s a ppv game. Don’t mind buying the B1G package but this is the ncaa tourney … do better espn
Yeah they used to put the Regionals on the ESPN app, which I already pay for through cable. I hate that they moved them to ESPN+.

But it looks like you can get one month for $11. I'll do that, then dump it.

Yeah they used to put the Regionals on the ESPN app, which I already pay for through cable. I hate that they moved them to ESPN+.

But it looks like you can get one month for $11. I'll do that, then dump it.
Yep used to be espn 3 .. we have gone backwards. Now need to buy scripts to peacock, espn + soon to be apple, Amazon, Hulu and God knows what else

Reactions: saluno22
The beer and food you buy at the bar will be the same price as a 6 month subscription to plus

3hr game is 6 beers and a meal... probably $50ish
You're right of course, and I've done that before - spent $50 at a bar instead of paying for a 1 month subscription or whatever. It's the principal of the thing. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69 and saluno22
I could be wrong but most Cable providers will allow you to Access e s p n plus on a computer just need some kinda sign in to verify you or somone you know has cable
That's true of ESPN3 (or WatchESPN or the ESPN App - whatever they are calling it on a particular day). But a cable subscription doesn't get you into ESPN+ - at least not in my experience.

What sucks is BTN has no access to the 3 teams that made the NCAA tournament..

Be sweet if they could help carry a few games in the regionals..

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
That's true of ESPN3 (or WatchESPN or the ESPN App - whatever they are calling it on a particular day). But a cable subscription doesn't get you into ESPN+ - at least not in my experience.

Correct, you have to pay for espn+. If you have disney+, i think it comes with it. I know I have it in a package deal with those two and Hulu through Verizon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT