ADVERTISEMENT

Back to football and VB

Yep-one loss and season's over. Let's just give up now. It never ceases to amaze me how unbelievably negative people can be. You'd think I'd have got that by now, but it never ceases to amaze me.
The problem is, losses like tonight have become far too common under Miles. Hopefully this team is talented enough to overcome Miles piss poor coaching.

Yep-one loss and season's over. Let's just give up now. It never ceases to amaze me how unbelievably negative people can be. You'd think I'd have got that by now, but it never ceases to amaze me.
Too be fair. It kind of comes with the territory with Nebrasketball. We have a crap ton more games but Miles needs to start racking up quality wins or we will be in the same position we were last year.

Reactions: Lincoln100
Yup typical worthless bandwagon fans, that give true fans a black eye everywhere

Reactions: cvogele29
It is entirely possible to be pessimistic about something while at the sane time being hopeful and still a fan. Not everyone can be Johnny super fan like you and a few others on here, but golly, we sure are trying.
One's calling for coach's head after one loss is truly sickening when it's one game with alot of season and promise left. A true fan sticks by their team through good and bad. These are the same people that would call for Miles head even if he is the 1st Husker coach to ever win a tournament game. Those aren't fans, those are the one's that you tell to go screw themselves and gtfo out of the fan base and stay out as those type are a disease to any fan base. Bandwagon fans are those that jump on board when things are all peachy, but are the quickest to jump off at the 1st sign of trouble and then jump back on when things are going great once again. There is a difference being pessimistic which is ok and band wagon garbage which there are plenty of them on these boards, not all though. That is the disease.

Last edited:
Reactions: cvogele29
Nobody is going to stop rooting for the Huskers, but this team is the same old Miles team that we've seen in the past.

Obviously there are still a lot of games to be played, but I doubt they make the tournament.

Reactions: Lincoln100
One's calling for coach's head after one loss is truly sickening when it's one game with alot of season and promise left. A true fan sticks by their team through good and bad. These are the same people that would call for Miles head even if he is the 1st Husker coach to ever win a tournament game. Those aren't fans, those are the one's that you tell to go screw themselves and gtfo out of the fan base and stay out as those type are a disease to any fan base. Bandwagon fans are those that jump on board when things are all peachy, but are the quickest to jump off at the 1st sign of trouble and then jump back on when things are going great once again. There is a difference being pessimistic which is ok and band wagon garbage which there are plenty of them on these boards, not all though. That is the disease.

None of which happened in the post that you are overreacting to. I’m on record as thinking Miles isn’t the guy, but there are a lot of games left, so I’ll hold out hope. I’m still going to watch the games, go to the games, and cheer for them. And yes, I will be in here bitching about him and/or the team st some point.

Give it a rest. It's a message board, and the problems have been there for years. This might be the most athletic team we've had here and the first chance at real competition we fold. Yes there is season left, but Miles has also been here for more than 5+ years. At some point he has to start winning games like these. There has been a ton of money poured into Nebrasketball to try and give us a decent product. We should have expectations.

Based on your argument, you'd probably want Mike Riley around for 7 years, but when we lose the 1st big game of the season, watching the same crap that has happened for years, you'd probably say give him some time right? This isn't year 3.

Give it a rest. It's a message board, and the problems have been there for years. This might be the most athletic team we've had here and the first chance at real competition we fold. Yes there is season left, but Miles has also been here for more than 5+ years. At some point he has to start winning games like these. There has been a ton of money poured into Nebrasketball to try and give us a decent product. We should have expectations.

Based on your argument, you'd probably want Mike Riley around for 7 years, but when we lose the 1st big game of the season, watching the same crap that has happened for years, you'd probably say give him some time right? This isn't year 3.
I wouldn't wish playsoft Riley on my worst enemy!

That was on the players, they looked a bit lagged as the energy just wasn't there. Go back and watch. I think this loss was good for them. I think this loss brought some reality and sense of urgency back as I also think their success in their 1st 4 games had also gone a little to their heads played a part in it. as they looked sloppy and unfocused last night as well. I guarantee Miles had some words with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: shocksker
Pretty sure in basketball you are going to get a performance or two like last night out of every team. Started out well but once the going got tough there was nothing in reserve. This team lacks that spark plug off the bench or a starter that is not a normal contributor that steps up in games like last night. If you watch there were more than a few jump shots that could have just as easily have dropped and made it a different game. This is the game of basketball where these things happen. Truly do not believe there was any button for Miles to push to change the outcome of that game. If these kind of games become plentiful then by all means start the mantra again. Until we see this as the norm then one should assume it was one bad game! Lets put the weapons away for a game or two please and support the BIG RED!

And for this team to be successful on a night to night basis Palmer has to be on his game. He was not all there and the refs took him completely away. Not sure there is anything Miles can or could do about that!

That was on the players, they looked totally disinterested and tired for some reason. Go back and watch
There will always be a component where it is the players because yes.. They are the ones that play the game. With that said, a huge component is coaching, and we struggle in that area. The guys we have could be a hell of a lot better if they had good coaching.

Pretty sure in basketball you are going to get a performance or two like last night out of every team. Started out well but once the going got tough there was nothing in reserve. This team lacks that spark plug off the bench or a starter that is not a normal contributor that steps up in games like last night. If you watch there were more than a few jump shots that could have just as easily have dropped and made it a different game. This is the game of basketball where these things happen. Truly do not believe there was any button for Miles to push to change the outcome of that game. If these kind of games become plentiful then by all means start the mantra again. Until we see this as the norm then one should assume it was one bad game! Lets put the weapons away for a game or two please and support the BIG RED!

And for this team to be successful on a night to night basis Palmer has to be on his game. He was not all there and the refs took him completely away. Not sure there is anything Miles can or could do about that!
Did you watch the game? There is plenty Miles could do. For starters...actually running a competent offense would help. How often last night were we standing around in the half court only to rely on Watson/Palmer to jack up a bad shot. Watch the game again and focus on the action Tech ran compared to ours. One coach was getting his players high percentage shots. The other was not.

And yes...every team will have a clunker this year. It won’t be our last. But, this always seems to be par for the course for Nebrasketball under Miles. We need to be able to beat good teams if we want to dance come March. Beating Clemson would help.

Not saying Miles should be fired, but who could Nebraska get, and I mean ACTUALLY get, that would be much better? As we know, Nebraska is not a go to school for top BB coaching talent, unless you get lucky with some up and comer that ends up being a freak homerun of sorts.

I kinda feel like snapping at anyone being too critical of this team and the one loss... while at the same time acknowledging that it felt a lot like "same old story". So, carry on with the griping at each other! I believe this team can/will have a great year, but it really doesn't make me feel any better about the future. Is there another Palmer/Copeland/Roby in the pipeline? Last year and this year are based a lot on talent overcoming other issues, not sure we'll be able to do that year in, year out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT