ADVERTISEMENT

B1G 10 presser today, predict the message.

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
So going with the weeks 0-4 timeframe and building in some flex weeks over a 12 week span I suspect they will announce a season that starts September 12th. If we actually play games though remains to be seen.

This conference has not been afraid to lead in the past.

I predict a mercenary, 14 game slate. No conference games. All OOC.

Objective: Get as many 9-10 win teams as possible to scoop up as much bowl revenue as possible. Might be lots of higher tier bowl slots available if other conferences opt out.

Message will be that nothing has been decided.. hope I am wrong!

All teams play each other in a round robin format with one bye week.

All covid+ players have to sit out until cleared.

If more than 40% of team is covid+ then they have a two week quarantine.

All revenues for the week are pooled together and divided equally among all schools.

If a team is quarantined, they forfeit those games and lose their revenue share for those weeks.

If both teams are quarantined, the winner will be determined by the two coaches playing Mattel classic handheld football game.

Teams that manage covid best get rewarded.

Hope it is to release a schedule. Not sure the reason for the hold up. Putting out a schedule doesn't mean anything one way or the other. Put it out so us desperate fans have something to talk about for F sake.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
This conference has not been afraid to lead in the past.

I predict a mercenary, 14 game slate. No conference games. All OOC.

Objective: Get as many 9-10 win teams as possible to scoop up as much bowl revenue as possible. Might be lots of higher tier bowl slots available if other conferences opt out.
Love it. Play only OOC games and then give us Iowa in the rose bowl when we are both 13-0. J/k, Iowa never goes undefeated.

Reactions: bigboxes
Doesn’t sound like the B10 is excited to have a season.

Yep, sensing that vibe as well. If the BIG10 decindes not to have a season they should leave it open to the individual schools and programs to be able to create their own schedule and play other teams who are willing. The whole league shouldn't be punished because some schools can't get their shit together (cough cough, looking and you Rutgers) .

No schedule for now. Everything on hold due to the outbreak of the virus at Rutgers. But there will have to be some decision in days on if/when Fall Camps will be allowed. I'm guessing they will delay Fall Camps but not make a final decision on the season.

If both teams are quarantined, the winner will be determined by the two coaches playing Mattel classic handheld football game.

I can get behind this. I honestly think there would be money to be made if each team's best Xbox player did the whole season virtually.

Love it. Play only OOC games and then give us Iowa in the rose bowl when we are both 13-0. J/k, Iowa never goes undefeated.
We could claim conference title and national championship like some do

No schedule for now. Everything on hold due to the outbreak of the virus at Rutgers. But there will have to be some decision in days on if/when Fall Camps will be allowed. I'm guessing they will delay Fall Camps but not make a final decision on the season.
God forbid everyone continues to feel fine while a positive result dictates the livelihood of thousands.

Outbreak of cases. Please.

bust out the waivers, honor scholarships for anyone regardless of participation, let’s f’n go already.

Yep, sensing that vibe as well. If the BIG10 decindes not to have a season they should leave it open to the individual schools and programs to be able to create their own schedule and play other teams who are willing. The whole league shouldn't be punished because some schools can't get their shit together (cough cough, looking and you Rutgers) .
I wouldn't be coughing too much. Everyone in the South was cough, cough at NY in March and April....and now look at what's happening.

Cases in the last 7 days:
NJ- 2,802 in a state with 8.8 million people.
NE- 2,067 in a state with 1.9 million people.

We have nothing to run off at the mouth about.

Lol, only off target from original post by 21 hours. My apologies. A different site had messages by both Deinhart and Greenstein that this was likely happening Tuesday.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I wouldn't be coughing too much. Everyone in the South was cough, cough at NY in March and April....and now look at what's happening.

fun with arbitrary end dates!

NJ has suffered 16k deaths out of 185k cases. the worst in the nation by a country mile, and they will not be caught.

just an astonishingly stupid and meaningless post. you're in charge of children's education, for god's sake. certainly you're better than this?

Reactions: red scowl
fun with arbitrary end dates!

NJ has suffered 16k deaths out of 185k cases. the worst in the nation by a country mile, and they will not be caught.

just an astonishingly stupid and meaningless post. you're in charge of children's education, for god's sake. certainly you're better than this?
"fun with arbitrary end dates!"

My 7 day count of new cases was from the CDC....based on what was on their website last night. If you don't like the data, take it up with them. And yes...recent trends matter.

"NJ has suffered 16k deaths out of 185k cases. the worst in the nation by a country mile, and they will not be caught."

Yep.....during the duration of the pandemic. No argument from me......

But Nebraska's numbers of NEW CASES over the past 7 DAYS are worse that New Jersey's relative to the state populations of each.....again....based on info from the CDC last night. If you're doubting the data, I suggest you contact them, as I do not work for the CDC....or go take a hike....it's up to you.

Last edited:
"fun with arbitrary end dates!"

My 7 day count of new cases was from the CDC....based on what was on their website last night. If you don't like the data, take it up with them.

"NJ has suffered 16k deaths out of 185k cases. the worst in the nation by a country mile, and they will not be caught."

Yep.....during the duration of the pandemic. No argument from me. But Nebraska's numbers over the past 7 days are worse that New Jersey's relative to the state populations of each.....again....based on info from the CDC last night. If you're doubting it, I suggest you contact them, as I do not work for the CDC....or go take a hike....it's up to you.
do you not understand the word arbitrary? comparing the last 7 days, whether it's the CDC or anyone else, is absolutely meaningless.

your choosing to post completely arbitrary data while editorializing makes it you, not them, I have an issue with. you're not passing along facts, you're trying to prove a point. don't pass the buck, defend your stance if you believe it's meaningful (it's not).

NJ has had 185k cases. NE has had 27k. at this rate, NE could keep their case count steady while NJ could report literally zero and it would take 80+ weeks (that's more than 18 months) to catch them.

context is important. 7-day stretches? not so much.

do you not understand the word arbitrary? comparing the last 7 days, whether it's the CDC or anyone else, is absolutely meaningless.

your choosing to post completely arbitrary data while editorializing makes it you, not them, I have an issue with. you're not passing along facts, you're trying to prove a point. don't pass the buck, defend your stance if you believe it's meaningful (it's not).

NJ has had 185k cases. NE has had 27k. at this rate, NE could keep their case count steady while NJ could report literally zero and it would take 80+ weeks (that's more than 18 months) to catch them.

context is important. 7-day stretches? not so much.

your current risk of covid exposure is based on current #s such as % positive rate - not historic data

a persons risk in New York vs Miami is much different today versus back in March

which is why last 7 days is the more relevant statistic to assess current risk of traveling to an area

Last edited:
your current risk of covid exposure is based on current % positive rate - not historic numbers

a persons risk in New York vs Orlando in much different today versus back in March

which is why last 7 days is the more relevant statistic to assess current risk of traveling to an area
perhaps if he'd posted about % positives, this post would have merit.

he didn't, so it doesn't.

thanks for playing.

context is important. 7-day stretches? not so much. surely you're not this big an idiot.
"do you not understand the word arbitrary? comparing the last 7 days, whether it's the CDC or anyone else, is absolutely meaningless."

And the number of cases NJ had compared to NE in March and April is far more arbitrary to current conditions....which is what you seem to be arguing.

"NJ has had 185k cases. NE has had 27k. at this rate, NE could keep their case count steady while NJ could report literally zero and it would take 80+ weeks (that's more than 18 months) to catch them."

Again....not arguing that.

"context is important. 7-day stretches? not so much. surely you're not this big an idiot"

So, you don't think that recent case trends matter more than what happened 3 months ago? If Nebraska was having 2,000 new cases a week over the past 2-3 weeks, and New Jersey was having 30 new cases per week over that stretch, you'd think that is meaningless? That wouldn't be a problem? To me, that tells me that one state is having a spike while another seems to have it under control for the time being. That would tell me that my chances of contracting the virus are greater in Lincoln than in Trenton at this point in time.

Don't tell me about total cases over the past 5-6 months; like I said, I'm not disputing that fact.

Last edited:
"do you not understand the word arbitrary? comparing the last 7 days, whether it's the CDC or anyone else, is absolutely meaningless."

And the number of cases NJ had compared to NE in March and April is far more arbitrary to current conditions....which is what you seem to be arguing.

"NJ has had 185k cases. NE has had 27k. at this rate, NE could keep their case count steady while NJ could report literally zero and it would take 80+ weeks (that's more than 18 months) to catch them."

Again....not arguing that.

"context is important. 7-day stretches? not so much. surely you're not this big an idiot"

So, you don't think that recent case trends matter more than what happened 3 months ago? If Nebraska was having 2,000 new cases a week over the past 2-3 weeks, and New Jersey was having 30 new cases per week over that stretch, you'd think that is meaningless? That wouldn't be a problem? To me, that tells me that one state is having a spike while another seems to have it under control for the time being. That would tell me that my chances of contracting the virus are greater in Lincoln than in Trenton at this point in time.

Apparently I am an idiot, because I'm not understanding your train of thought on this. Don't tell me about total cases over the past 5-6 months; like I said, I'm not arguing that fact.
does covid go away in that time? based on your previous posts, I would think not. which means all cases are dangerous.

alright! useful math! way to go, big guy!
So maybe we shouldn't be scoffing (or "cough, cough") at anyone, since we have the 2nd highest rate of positive new tests over the past 7 days of the B1G states (Iowa...figures)....and higher than CA, WA, OR, or CO of the PAC-12.

So maybe we shouldn't be scoffing (or "cough, cough") at anyone, since we have the 2nd highest rate of positive new tests over the past 7 days of the B1G states (Iowa...figures)....and higher than CA, WA, OR, or CO of the PAC-12.
as it pertains to the general population, sure.

as it pertains to the B1G football teams? seems like NU's taking it pretty seriously.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
as it pertains to the general population, sure.

as it pertains to the B1G football teams? seems like NU's taking it pretty seriously.
I'd agree...and I hope that continues....but I'm not going to poke at other programs, when things can change pretty quickly, even from a simple, innocent misstep (not that you were poking, per se).

I'd agree...and I hope that continues....but I'm not going to poke at other programs, when things can change pretty quickly, even from a simple, innocent misstep (not that you were poking, per se).
let's just hope vedral is okay.

rutgers will need their backup qb available after seeing our new and improved pass rush.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality

Not talking about a state. Talking about a football program.

Not talking about a state. Talking about a football program.
And considering the rate of new positives in each state it isn't out of the realm that Nebraska (the program) gets hit at some point.

All I'm saying is that I'm not going to poke at other programs for having a slew of positive tests when that can easily be the Huskers with 1 or 2 innocent missteps.

Meh, play ball, if you want. Sit out if you want. Give the players exhaustive physicals. Any issues, they sit out.

Otherwise, it is political and bullshit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT