ADVERTISEMENT

Avante Dickerson in the portal

What position? Any ties to N?
Missionary.

tumblr_ma1nrb1fuy1r1c1lbo1_250.gif

With the possible exception of QB, transfer portal players are the same players at their new school as they were at their old school. Was he getting some playing time and pushing for more there? If not, don’t expect it here.
Good take. You're opinion is something everybody here pretty much knows more or less in his heart, but we throw logic to the wind and expect losing a DL guy will be replaced by the world's greatest DL guy.

Played in 12 games as a freshman (5 tackles), redshirted last season. Oregon took an Alabama transfer at corner and added several other young DBs. Pretty sure "meh" is the right take. But who knows? I'm sure our staff will give him the once-over.

I think one thing the portal really shows is the importance of taking advantage of a free education. All these 4 star kids and probably alot of 3 star kids probably think they are going to tear it up in college and go pro. Clearly a lot of them struggle to even see the field.

I think one thing the portal really shows is the importance of taking advantage of a free education. All these 4 star kids and probably alot of 3 star kids probably think they are going to tear it up in college and go pro. Clearly a lot of them struggle to even see the field.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if the portal actually helped kids understand that…,

I thought he got offers from Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Indiana right after he entered the portal. Did they change their minds?

Seems strange to not have selected a team and started summer workouts to get a jump on playing this fall.

Seems strange to not have selected a team and started summer workouts to get a jump on playing this fall.
There's got to be more to the story. Did he get an injury and teams are backing off? Is he holding off for better offers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT